Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Ich moechte Jaegerschnitzel mit Pommes Frites mit mein freund Sturmgeist
Translation....
I would like to Jaegerschnitzel with fries with my friend storm spirit

Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So if he did this, thats nice but it still does not take away the fact that he STILL called him a C**n and he STILL killed Trayvon
You never in your life or any other black guy/girl on this forum refered to a white guy/girl as a honky, cracker or white m f'er. If so then according to you, you are racist and I should not talk to you.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes if some glorified mall cop was harrassing me, I'd tell him to f off. But if TM attacked GZ as GZ claims, then TM is in the wrong. You can not attack someone for being a jackass.
As I said, none of us know what happened, If Z was right then couldn't TM just have answered his questions, such as, My dads fiancé lives here at such and such and address and I was visiting. If he came back at Z with an attitude, then I can see where it may have escalated.
If Z tried to grab him, then that is a whole different ballgame.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Below are a few statistics. These are FACTS, not opinions. Source: http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

Statistically, Zimmerman had good sense to suspect the suspicious-looking Martin. This isn't racial profiling, it's good common sense.
I agree, but blacks here will turn a blind eye to it and say, ''there are no problems with black youth'', easier to ignore than to fix or even admit there is a problem

Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hell, I have seen police officers not identify themselves of a different race jump out and attack young black males IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD!

[SIZE=3]Pittsburgh teenager sues over police beating[/SIZE]

And to answer your question honestly knowing the south's racial past and the history of the treatment of blacks, either run or prepared to be attacked.
I live in the Pgh area and followed this case closely, I also read some of the transcript from the investigation. The police did identify themselves and ordered Jorden Miles to stop and he elected to run. As Chris Rock said, ''If you run from the police, they're bringin an azz whoppin with them'' The police were exonerated.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
okay but shooting someone cuz ur getting ur ass kicked is total *****. if ur gonna confront someone at night and then in turn get attacked for it, u better man up and take ur beating like a champ. not a coward...
If you thought your life was at risk, you would shoot also.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If you thought your life was at risk, you would shoot also.
That is the very reason there needs to be a trial. To determine if what actually transpired was grounds enough for Zimmerman to feel that his life was at risk and if he provoked an avoidable situation that placed either party's life at risk. Pretty elementary.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:21 AM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Correction. His jacket was red and WHITE.
why was zimmerman wearing a red and black jacket on the police video?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 AM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Also said he wasn't sure of who was on the bottom and that he was forced to anwser when the police gave him several choices. He said it was dark and rainy and he had to go get his dog that got off the leash. Doesn't sound like he will be saying that Martin was on top when he takes the stand.

Read more: Trayvon Martin Witness Casts Doubt On Shooter's Self-defense Claims | Fox News

And

Read more: Trayvon Martin Witness Casts Doubt On Shooter's Self-defense Claims | Fox News
those were his mother's words. if i was her, i would do the same so my kid wouldn't be harassed in school. you do not want your kid supporting a story of someone the public wants crucified.

there is no reason for a cop to force a 13 year old to say something he didn't see. if the kid said he didn't see a thing because it was too dark, why would a cop insist differently? is this cop on zimmerman's payroll?

remember, the news has been creating the news lately. reports at the scene are more reliable than reports made later.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I mentioned this before, but only after Wolfinger resigned from the case and the Federal investigation began. Unless everything I've learned is totally false, this case wasn't going anywhere because of "Stand-Your-Ground." Now that the law is being reviewed and, even Bush who signed the bill questions the validity of that defense in this case, there's at least the possibility that justice will be served.

I am also upset about all the tweets and the death threats. I want Zimmerman to get a fair trial too. But I do question how a man in Lakeland who killed his wife's pet rabbit got 2 years in prison, but a man who shoots a teenager in Sanford isn't charged.

There have been discussions on local TV about the CSI Syndrome, where jurors need to see absolute proof of guilt in order to convict. Casey Anthony didn't report her child missing for 31 days and lied to the police, but she is a free woman. Yet most jurors said they seriously doubted she was innocent. The law should always be fair & just, but if prosecutors are so afraid of spending the time & money for a trial that they choose not to try cases, then the public safety is at risk. I've read that the Anthony trial was so expensive and put such a negative light on the prosecution, that now the State Attorney's Office wants to be sure a case will be won before it even goes to trial. Of course no prosecutor ever wants to try an unwinnable case, but how far will this go?

When the Castle Law went into effect, I didn't have a problem with it, but people here keep using it synonymously with Stand-Your-Ground. Castle Laws are to protect you in places like your own home, your place of business and your car. The Florida law allows you to use use deadly force without attempting to retreat in any location as long as you fear imminent danger. That's the problem. Some people are paranoid and might feel threatened by people who wear silly hats.
With CD you basically have no duty to retreat or look for an ave of escape, it is a good law when used properly, but does leave room for abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies