Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I call you stupid, based upon your own statements. "Common sense." Guess what? Common sense and the criminal justice system don't equal one another. That is the point I have been trying to explain to you and you refuse to understand.

You are a "civilian" who gets their information from the television. You don't know JACK about a true criminal investigation, yet think your two cents mean something. They don't. They show your ignorance and, like it or not, your down right stupidity.
So you must believe that the lead investigator who filed an affidavit for the arrest of George Zimmerman on manslaughter charges was also an idiot? He doesn't know a thing about police procedure? He said he was unconvinced by Zimmerman's account of shooting.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Sounds more like Mickey Spillane than a contemporary American teen.
Or a bad Edward G. Robinson movie.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
I call you stupid, based upon your own statements. "Common sense." Guess what? Common sense and the criminal justice system don't equal one another. That is the point I have been trying to explain to you and you refuse to understand.

You are a "civilian" who gets their information from the television. You don't know JACK about a true criminal investigation, yet think your two cents mean something. They don't. They show your ignorance and, like it or not, your down right stupidity.
Personal attacks are against the TOS at City-Data. The poster has never been rude, but sincerely asking questions as most of us have been doing.
The response to this tragedy should be reflective of the fact that millions of Americans believe that their "two cents" matter because that's how a society functions: We try to understand the circumstances, the laws, and the juxtaposition of the two in trying to rectify the problem. No doubt many of us hoped that the informed position of a LEO would add to the dialogue, but such unwarranted attacks will give reason to doubt what
objectivity such actions display. That's a shame.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:28 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,278,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you must believe that the lead investigator who filed an affidavit for the arrest of George Zimmerman on manslaughter charges was also an idiot? He doesn't know a thing about police procedure?
It doesn't matter WHAT he believes, what I believe, or what YOU believe. The district attorney didn't buy what that "lead investigator" presented to him. THAT is MY POINT. The facts for an arrest WERE NOT and as of NOW, ARE NOT THERE.

I am NOT a district attorney. I am a police officer. I've presented many cases to the district attorney, where I felt a prosecution could be had. However, they have been SHOT DOWN by the district attorney.

There is a hiarchey here. The district attorney is ABOVE the police. They have the final say so in a criminal investigation. Not me, not you, not anyone. THEY DO. And the criminal complaint forward to the district was the investigators OPINION. His OPINION doesn't mean jack in a court of law, in front of a jury. FACTS, evidence, etc is what holds water.

If you cannot provide facts, evidence, etc his opinion is worth the piece of paper it was written on.

The DA wanted MORE EVIDENCE. FACTS, not opinions in which to charge the case. Had the investigator had this, the DA would have filed the case. It was not and IS NOT there.

These are my points I have been trying to explain to you. You do not know the criminal justice system and how it works. You have some emotional responses to a situation and believe your facts are correct. And believe its simple, easy. Its NOT. Put what occurred, right now, as you know it, in front of 12 people. YOU WILL NOT GET A CONVICTION. THAT is what the district attorney looks at.

Not how you feel, or how he feels. He may feel Zimmerman belongs in jail. And? If he can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, Zimmerman walks.

And, as I said, once you charge Zimmerman EVERYTHING is now open to discovery. All of his ACES are open to the defense and Zimmerman WOULD walk, after arraignment. The fact he would walk, would go in his favor, in a jury trial.

Quit allowing your personal emotions to guide your thoughts in this case. Emotions were not designed to be part of a criminal trial.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Personal attacks are against the TOS at City-Data. The poster has never been rude, but sincerely asking questions as most of us have been doing.
The response to this tragedy should be reflective of the fact that millions of Americans believe that their "two cents" matter because that's how a society functions: We try to understand the circumstances, the laws, and the juxtaposition of the two in trying to rectify the problem. No doubt many of us hoped that the informed position of a LEO would add to the dialogue, but such unwarranted attacks will give reason to doubt what
objectivity such actions display. That's a shame.
Yes. American's "believe" their two cents matter. They don't. That is the point and that is the point of the constitution, regarding criminal investigations. Your two cents are worth a "hill of beans." Your two cents are based upon personal, emotional "facts," which have no bearing on a criminal investigation.

I truly hope you "get it now." NO. Your two cents are worthless. Just as your two cents on the plumber, the IT geek, the doctor, etc are worthless.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Or a bad Edward G. Robinson movie.
Yep...Eddie would have said, "You got me, copper. I'm a goner." If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny. I can't laugh about any of this, however. As a mother, I know that this could have been my own son. I so
admire the strength and grace of Trayvon's mother.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
My post was all of the above and then some. I'm glad it came across EXACTLY as I wanted it too. You have an idiot, running around on an internet forum, talking like they know what they are talking about, when they have no clue.

Her ignorance and stupidity show through, every time she posts. She has no clue what she is talking about, when it comes to a criminal investigation. Yet, she posts as if her thoughts, opinions, etc are gospel.

And you sir, are doing NOTHING but helping the ignorant fool out. So, you can also count yourself in her corner.
Why so belligerent? There are many people posting on the "Don't Arrest Zimmerman" side of the aisle that don't even care about facts or a legit investigation and could not care less about due process of law and yet you zero in on this particular poster.

From one of your previous posts...

Quote:
As I said, the criminal justice system is a CHESS GAME. And, unless you played this chess game, you have no idea what you are talking about. It is so funny, people think they can tell the police, the district attorney, et al what to do and how to do it. Yet, you don't tell a doctor how to do open heart surgery? Or the computer technician how to install your computer. Or the plumber how to unclog your drain.
Your post implied that there was an efficient, thorough, fastidious and stellar investigation being performed by the Sanford PD. I think many professionals within law enforcement have disagreed. The poster never claimed to be an expert, but the logic that she puts forth is not the logic of a" stupid" or "ignorant" individual...on the contrary.

Who are you...Clarence Darrow?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter WHAT he believes, what I believe, or what YOU believe. The district attorney didn't buy what that "lead investigator" presented to him. THAT is MY POINT. The facts for an arrest WERE NOT and as of NOW, ARE NOT THERE.
Do you live in Florida? Do you know how many times these "justifiable homicide" cases have been dismissed and not tried?

Are you on this case and you know what you are saying is true?

Also, why do you care what someone on a discussion board shares with other members who are also interested in opinions and feedback? We are not members of a jury. We are citizens who have every right to sit around and discuss this case and present ideas.

You are a very rude person and, although I realize you've posted you're a police officer and have been involved in several shootings, it bothers me that you walk around with a gun if this is how you respond to polite conversation. Maybe it's a good thing you are posting here attacking me with words instead of using deadly force.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Do you live in Florida? Do you know how many times these "justifiable homicide" cases have been dismissed and not tried?

Also, why do you care what someone on a discussion board shares with other members who are also interested in opinions and feedback? We are not members of a jury. We are citizens who have every right to sit around and discuss this case and present ideas.

You are a very rude person and, although I realize you've posted you're a police officer and have been involved in several shootings, it bothers me that you walk around with a gun if this is how you respond to polite conversation. Maybe it's a good thing you are posting here attacking me with words instead of using deadly force.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Also, why do you care what someone on a discussion board shares with other members who are also interested in opinions and feedback? We are not a jury, or reading posts and responding to them would be wrong. We are citizens who have every right to sit around and discuss this case.

Once again the point is this: What occurs in Florida, effects me here in California. You think this is just a local/regional issue?

What happens here, effects what happens there, and the opposite holds true. When Zimmerman walks, and he will, unless some smoking gun comes about, riots will break out all over the country. I work in a primarily BLACK community and the riots will be here too.

Don't think so myopically in your thoughts. You want to understand the criminal justice system, open your eyes. A ripple in New York, is a tidal wave in Arizona.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-04-2012 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies