Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
The reporting is that he made 46 calls to 911 in 15 months.
Nope.

46 calls in 8 years.

And not even to 911 - but to the non-emergency number.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Martin was shot while on top of Zimmerman trying to wrestle the gun out of his hand.

According to Zimmerman who is an upstanding man who has absolutely no reason to lie.

You say this so matter of factly as if you know this for sure "InTheNameOfGod." Were you there? If you think God told you, it wasn't his voice you heard. If it were your child who was killed, carrying nothing but a bag of skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea and a man said he killed him in self-defense after leaving his vehicle to follow your child, would you be so willing to accept his version of the story?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Martin was shot while on top of Zimmerman trying to wrestle the gun out of his hand.
Well, then I guess we'll find out when evidence shows Martin's fingerprints all over the gun. When the trajectory of the bullet is analyzed, we should learn more about where each man was when the gun went off. It's odd that he claims Martin was on top of him, as you wrote, but there's not much blood (if any) on Zimmerman's clothing.

I don't understand why people automatically believe someone who has nothing to lose by lying. The victim cannot speak. I doubt if anyone will ever know exactly what happened that night except for Zimmerman.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:02 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,087,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Then you must have read the rules which clearly state that at no time should a member of the Neighborhood Watch Patrol carry a weapon or approach a suspicious person. Do you know what the word w-a-t-c-h means?
How do you know that those are the rules for Zimmerman's neighborhood watch group? This is a big country with lots of different opinions on how to do things and rules are not laws. Zimmerman was liscensed to carry a concealed weapon, no law was broken there. According to Zimmerman's account, he was leaving the area when Martin approached him from behind and then attacked him. There is no proof that it didn't happen that way.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
According to Zimmerman who is an upstanding man who has absolutely no reason to lie.
We probably were typing at the same time! We even used the same emoticon.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,087,456 times
Quote:
Well, then I guess we'll find out when evidence shows Martin's fingerprints all over the gun. When the trajectory of the bullet is analyzed, we should learn more about where each man was when the gun went off. It's odd that he claims Martin was on top of him, as you wrote, but there's not much blood (if any) on Zimmerman's clothing.

I don't understand why people automatically believe someone who has nothing to lose by lying. The victim cannot speak. I doubt if anyone will ever know exactly what happened that night except for Zimmerman.
He was wearing a red jacket and had received first aid by the time he appeared in that very poor quality video. How do you know there wasn't blood on him? Also an eyewitness has reported seeing that Martin was on top of Zimmerman. Martin could have easily jerked away when he was shot and bleed out on the grass, with very little getting on Zimmerman.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
How do you know that those are the rules for Zimmerman's neighborhood watch group? This is a big country with lots of different opinions on how to do things and rules are not laws. Zimmerman was liscensed to carry a concealed weapon, no law was broken there. According to Zimmerman's account, he was leaving the area when Martin approached him from behind and then attacked him. There is no proof that it didn't happen that way.
You obviously haven't done your homework.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/trayvon-martin-death-spotlights-neighborhood-watch-groups.html?pagewanted=all[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
He was wearing a red jacket and had recieved first aid by the time he appeared in that very poor quality video. How do you know there wasn't blood on him? Also an eyewitness has reported seeing that Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
As I wrote in several of my posts, we will find out more once the evidence is presented. Bullet trajectory, gun shot residue, blood spatter, fingerprints, etc., all will be evidence. I only hope that the investigation was handled properly, but I've heard a lot of negative opinions and read that it was very sloppy.

Edit: So, if as you claim he was wearing the same shirt & jacket he had on when he shot Martin, who was on top of him when the gun was fired, why would it be cleaned up? Wouldn't it have been processed as evidence at the scene? I wasn't only talking about his blood, but the blood of the victim. As I said, we just need to wait for the official report. However, in the meantime, we each have the right to express our opinions.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-03-2012 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No. The name of the law is "Stand Your Ground".

Following is not 'standing your ground'.

Standing means you are not moving; not going forward or backward.

Following means, obviously, you are moving forward.

So, zimmerman invoking the Stand Your Ground law is inconsistent with his actions. In other words, he stalked and killed Trayvon. That's murder. The very moment he started following Trayvon, he lost his right to invoke the Stand Your Ground law!

No. Following someone because you find something suspicious does not mean you may now be attacked. It is not provocation for a beating. If Martin walked up and punched Zimmerman to the ground and started banging his head on concrete, that is 90% of it. That only leaves a possible excess use of force which leaves enough doubt. A small provocation does not mean you can escalate.

The issue is if Zimmerman is lying or or even stretching the truth.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Well, then I guess we'll find out when evidence shows Martin's fingerprints all over the gun.
Ain't going to happen. The gun was given right back to Zimmerman - I doubt there is anything left that can be analyzed.

Quote:
When the trajectory of the bullet is analyzed, we should learn more about where each man was when the gun went off. It's odd that he claims Martin was on top of him, as you wrote, but there's not much blood (if any) on Zimmerman's clothing.
Again, I wonder how much "evidence" is left to analyze? It appears the cops decided early on this was not a crime that needed to be investigated.

Quote:
This is so sad. I'm afraid the outcome is going to depend a lot on what Zimmerman says because Trayvon is NOT here to plead his own case. He is being made the "criminal," with no opportunity to give his side.

Who will speak for Trayvon?

I just hope there is enough forensic evidence to give a clearer picture, because at the moment, this isn't even a case of "he said/he said."

Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I would be interested to hear her side. I also thought that TM's Mom was submitting a voice sample to be analyzed, why haven't we heard about the results unless they are not in favor of TM?
I've been wondering this as well. Sunday on Geraldo, the parent's attorney said they were turning over a voice sample immediately.

The quotes from the so-called voice recognition experts didn't sit well with me at all either - saying that the voice's tone was that of a young man. Voice-wise, there isn't THAT big of a difference between a 17 year old and a 28 year old man.

And the 911 tapes of Zimmerman talking to dispatch - well, he didn't really have much bass in his voice. In the beginning, it wasn't a stretch for me at all to believe he was the one screaming. Especially when it was reported that Zimmerman said he was screaming (before he knew that an audio recording existed) and that there was a witness (or witnesses) that said he was screaming.

But the rampant - and sometimes downright INSANE - speculation is just plain nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies