Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sanrene, at this point almost everyone has listened to the actual tape or read the transcript. It's been available on the Sanford Police site for weeks. I posted a transcript, but there are over 2000 posts on this thread, so I don't know if I can find it.

I'm not defending any network that distorts the truth, but are you saying Fox, the station you often quote, reports events honestly and accurately?

This is why we need to get our news from several sources and then trust nobody. Seriously, I don't watch the Today Show, but do you consider that a news source anyway? I mean, is Nancy Grace a news source or Dr. Drew? They are entertainment shows. Again, not defending anyone, but on NBC news and MSNBC the actual tape was played.

Edit: You've got to admit this is funny. I found it. The post to which I'm referring where I posted the 911 tape word for word was in response to something you wrote that wasn't true. Here is is:

//www.city-data.com/forum/23599720-post2624.html
I don't watch the Today show either. I listened to all of the calls on the Orland Sentinel website, the first time I heard them and read several reports from a variety of sources. Not sure why some people want to make NBC the focal point of this discussion about the killing of Trayvon Martin. If you have not listened to the unedited versions of the tapes, if you do not know all of the facts that have been made available, ALL of the eye witness accounts, why even bother to comment?

We have people here quoting bits and pieces of George Zimmerman's account as if it is undisputable, while ignoring facts one would be that Zimmerman did follow Trayvon, Trayvon was on the phone with his girlfriend, he has no criminal record, no history of violence and was unarmed. There are some people that still claim this happened at 2am and then there are people who keep bringing up Obama or how many black males kill each other all of which is irrelevent. Why are these people so mean? Why are they incapable of empathy or compassion when the victim isn't someone who looks like them? Maybe evolution skips over those who don't believe in it....smh.

Last edited by Factsplease; 04-03-2012 at 06:26 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh look, NBC offers...something....in regards to that tape they deliberately edited to make Zimmerman appear racist;

NBC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

This was NOT a mistake, this was a deliberate editorial decision to totally, completely distort and change the context of the conversation.
I think when Tom Brokaw left NBC they lost a lot of clout.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not sure why some people want to make NBC the focal point of this discussion about the killing of Trayvon Martin. If you have not listened to the unedited versions of the tapes, if you do not know all of the facts that have been made available, ALL of the eye witness accounts, why even bother to comment?
They will continue to look for excuses to pardon the shooting of an unarmed teenager who was only walking home and talking on the phone with his girlfriend. Even the phone records prove that's true.

It's interesting that Fox and others are blaming NBC for the public's outrage, as if anyone noticed. It would be as if everyone who is upset about what happened only watched that one program. Out of thousands of posts, I'd like to see one (maybe there is one) on this board where someone quotes "The Today Show" and points this out as a reason they feel Zimmerman is guilty.

There have been a lot of biased reports from both sides, but there is no excuse for those who have been trashing a teenager for wearing a hoodie or being suspended from school.

I also never heard any activist call Zimmerman a racist based on the edited version of the 911 tape. I did, however, hear people say that an unarmed teenager was killed and the shooter was not arrested or charged based on his statement that it was self-defense. I'm White and I don't like it when people use the race card, but trying to get answers for a dead child's parents is not playing the race card. It's asking for justice.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
I heard Trayvon's parents didn't find or get his body for three days despite the shooting. That is outrageous and how did that happen?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 PM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
where's the skittles and ice tea? it wasn't found at the scene.
and why is everyone dismissing the 13 year old dog walker (Austin Brown) saying that it was zimmerman on the bottom (the guy in red on the bottom). he's an actual eyewitness that stepped forward. don't forget about John, another eyewitness that said zimmerman was on the bottom yelling for help. there are other witnesses in the houses that didn't see anything but are sure they heard a young man screaming for help (zimmerman has a girly voice).

Last edited by Divine Shadow; 04-03-2012 at 07:43 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sanrene, at this point almost everyone has listened to the actual tape or read the transcript. It's been available on the Sanford Police site for weeks. I posted a transcript, but there are over 2000 posts on this thread, so I don't know if I can find it.

I'm not defending any network that distorts the truth, but are you saying Fox, the station you often quote, reports events honestly and accurately?

This is why we need to get our news from several sources and then trust nobody. Seriously, I don't watch the Today Show, but do you consider that a news source anyway? I mean, is Nancy Grace a news source or Dr. Drew? They are entertainment shows. Again, not defending anyone, but on NBC news and MSNBC the actual tape was played.

Edit: You've got to admit this is funny. I found it. The post to which I'm referring where I posted the 911 tape word for word was in response to something you wrote that wasn't true. Here is is:

//www.city-data.com/forum/23599720-post2624.html
What does Fox or any other news outfit have to do with what NBC did? It is CLEAR they were trying to accuse Zimmerman of a racist mentality. Oh, he's up to no good, he's black, when it was the dispatcher that asked the race of the guy.

The Today show aired a piece with a journalist, Ron Allen and used this disgustingly edited tape. There is NO excuse for the reason why or HOW they changed the tape to fit their agenda.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Word on the street is...all the cold creepy people support Zimmerman...the intelligent good and kind people do not, That's my little poll.....folks that have murder in their hearts like the idea of gunning someone down...This case has shown me that is not about whether Zimmerman is guilty....it has shown me a divide in attitude that clearly illustrates what people are pro-killing and who are not.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think when Tom Brokaw left NBC they lost a lot of clout.
Let's not forget the guy leading the lynching charge is an MSNBC prime time anchor, the race baiter, Al Sharpton.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
where's the skittles and ice tea? it wasn't found at the scene.
and why is everyone dismissing the 13 year old dog walker (Austin Brown) saying that it was zimmerman on the bottom (the guy in red on the bottom). he's an actual eyewitness that stepped forward.
Also said he wasn't sure of who was on the bottom and that he was forced to anwser when the police gave him several choices. He said it was dark and rainy and he had to go get his dog that got off the leash. Doesn't sound like he will be saying that Martin was on top when he takes the stand.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the mother of a 13-year-old who also witnessed the killing told the New York Daily News that when Sanford police interviewed her son eight days after the incident, they "pressured" him to give more detail than he recalled.

The youngster, Austin Brown, had been referenced by police as having seen Martin on top of Zimmerman during the fight, but his mother, Cheryl, said he saw only one person lying on the grass and could not identify them

"He kept telling them he couldn't see anything because it was too dark," she said. "He said he couldn't see the race or anything. He never saw a second person.

"Then they asked him if he saw what the man was wearing. They gave him a multiple choice question and gave him three colors. He said, 'I think it was red.' Knowing my son, I believe he felt pressured to give the color."
Read more: Trayvon Martin Witness Casts Doubt On Shooter's Self-defense Claims | Fox News

And

Quote:
An unnamed witness speaking on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" said the entirety of the scuffle he saw between the two took place on grass, challenging Zimmerman's claim that Martin had smashed his head against a sidewalk after punching him in the face -- causing him to shoot the 17-year-old dead in self-defense.

In reference to the size difference between 28-year-old Zimmerman and Martin, the witness described the fight as being between a "larger man" and a "boy." While the witness said he was not able to see who was on top of the other as the two scuffled, he said "there wasn't a lot of movement" immediately before he heard a gunshot.

Quote:
Zimmerman "didn't appear hurt" as he walked away, he added, and he didn't see any blood on him.
Read more: Trayvon Martin Witness Casts Doubt On Shooter's Self-defense Claims | Fox News

Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Relying on a kid for a witness is dumb...even adult eye witnesses are faulty..You can ask a kid if the suspect had a beard...some kids don't know the difference between a beard and just hair on the upper lip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies