Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 07:06 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Someone once asked me, "What'd it take for you to vote Republican?" My answer was, "When they actually start getting things right, I'd think about it."

This is just a snapshot of some important matters that happened in the last decade, I'm sure I've missed something. We can see that the Republicans basically are dead wrong on the most important issues. Some of which, unfortunately, we are paying the price for now. Is it any wonder that many true and patriotic American citizens do not want to see them in office and start screwing up again?

The Republican positons/"accomplishments" of the last decade:

1. Iraq has WMD. WRONG.

2. "This war will cost one millions dolllar." WRONG.

3. "Deregulation is good!!"

4. Saddam Hussein has something to do with 9/11.

5. Obama is a Muslim.

6. "Evolution is a LIE!!"

7. "No need to send more troops to Iraq." in 2003.

8. "Yeah, it's a GOOD idea to leak a CIA operative's name. Fun!"

9. Think this guy would make a good president.

10. Tax cut for the Rich!!!

11. Cronyism.

12. Alberto "I don't Recall" Gonzalez.

13. "We don't talk to our enemies!"

14. Think she makes a good VP:

15. Wiretapping.

16. Port security contracted out to.... Dubai!!!

17. "Hey I know, we should allow banks to gamble with customer money!!"

18. Katrina.

19. "Water boarding is not torture!!"

20. "We don't need to raise our stinking Debt Ceiling!! By the way, what is a debt ceiling?"

And the following are things that they're getting it Wrong now, that will cost this country greatly if they somehow prevail.

The Republican Wishlist for the coming decade:

1) Eliminate Affordable Health Care.

2) Raise taxes for the Middle Class.

3) Stop investment in our infrastructure.

4) Start racial wars.

5) More deregulation.

6) More tax cut for the rich.

7) Stripping away the power of the working class, including unions.

8) Imposing their religious views on you.

Any way you look at it objectively, those are bad ideas. Their policy is going to take this country down another 2008 style meltdown. Which not so coincidentally, there was also an economic meltdown under George HW Bush and Reagan. Basically all the Republican presidents have caused a recession/meltdown of some sort.

So very much of this is not based in reality that it doesn't deserve much energy or time.
It'll be much more of a wise use of time to start a thread talking about LIBERALS with this same format, and Hooboy! when I or someone else starts listing what's not right about the Democrat party at this time, and their Communist president...and without embellishing....it's then gonna be a mighty fine use of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Well, this thread is nothing but a pissing match. But the GOP'rs will know crushing defeat in November so they can whine for another 4 years.

I guess my observation is that most republicans I know are just miserable people who hate others more than they love their own life.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You do realize that your youtube video is pointless and doesn't in any way refute anything said by the OP?

To help you out: All Hillary said was that Saddam is a bad man (yeah, we know) and Iraq is a hot spot (we know that too). That's all. Anything you think you may have heard is purely your own imagination.
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members..."

"It is clear however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct. 10, 2002.

She said a lot more than Saddam was a "bad man."

Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, this thread is nothing but a pissing match. But the GOP'rs will know crushing defeat in November so they can whine for another 4 years.

I guess my observation is that most republicans I know are just miserable people who hate others more than they love their own life.
What utter nonsense!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
Speaker of the House gets the Constitution right:

My Fellow Americans, I Present To You The New Speaker Of The House - YouTube

Old 04-03-2012, 01:31 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What utter nonsense!
It sure is nonsense. But many leftists don't live in reality so what else can you expect?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:07 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members..."

"It is clear however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct. 10, 2002.

She said a lot more than Saddam was a "bad man."
Actually that's basically what she said.

What she DIDN'T say is that the USA needed to invade Iraq.

What she also DIDN'T say is that should a war be started, it would only cost the equivalent of pocket change.

Both of the above points you somehow seem to infer could be found in the video. Which is of course, simply false.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
So very much of this is not based in reality that it doesn't deserve much energy or time.
It'll be much more of a wise use of time to start a thread talking about LIBERALS with this same format, and Hooboy! when I or someone else starts listing what's not right about the Democrat party at this time, and their Communist president...and without embellishing....it's then gonna be a mighty fine use of time.

The fact that despite numerous links to official reports from CIA, CNN, etc. That the wingnuts still think this is not based in reality is sad and alarming. This is simply another sign of low intelligence found in many conservatives.

Oh and here is another link based on facts that many conservatives will invariably convince themselves that it is not reality:

"More intelligent children may be more likely to grow up to be liberals, a researcher at the London School of Economics and Political Science suggests.

Kanazawa argues that humans are evolutionarily designed to be conservative, caring mostly about their family and friends, and being liberal -- caring about an indefinite number of genetically unrelated strangers one has never meet or interacted with -- is evolutionarily novel.

Data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health support Kanazawa's hypothesis. Young adults who subjectively identify themselves as "very liberal" have an average IQ of 106 during adolescence while those who identify themselves as "very conservative" have an average IQ of 95 during adolescence, Kanazawa says."

Higher IQ linked to liberalism

Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Will the Conservatives EVER Get Anything Right?

Shouldn't the question be if they EVER get anything Correct?

Er, apparently you didn't get the pun.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
This thread is stupid.

There.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies