Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:44 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,173,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Back in the old days they actually cared about future generations, now they just feel entitled and it's all me me me, screw the grand kids.

If you're past 65 years old and you need an organ transplant of any kind you shouldn't get it unless there are no younger candidates in need, also no 100s of thousand-millions$$$ worth of treatment for you unless you pay out of pocket. Seriously they should be given a big bag of heroin so they can live out their last days comfortably but don't burden society with extremely expensive end/near-end of life care and die like a man, with dignity.
Back in the old days, they cared about future generations, because the future generations carted about them. Many younger people are so self centered that the older generation doesn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,222,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
When is the last time a young HEALTHY person died other than in an accident?
Sometimes they die on the battlefield......and that isn't an "accident".

@sturmgeist:

What makes you think old people are "selfish"? Getting a transplant isn't an indicator of selfishness but thinking that "old people" are undeserving of the finest medical care available IS selfish. Most of those "old people" have paid their dues in their younger years by raising families, doing productive work and being an asset to society instead of a liability. What are you doing today to be "deserving" when you get old?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,173,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
How slanted!
How about those youngsters don't want to work for the starter jobs they want to run the companies! So because they can't do that they don't want to work!
My grandparents knew that flipping burgers at Hardees was a start, and that you worked your way up. They taught me the meaning of hard work, and how it makes you the person you are, and I passed that along to my kids.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
Quote:
Back in the old days they actually cared about future generations, now they just feel entitled and it's all me me me, screw the grand kids.

If you're past 65 years old and you need an organ transplant of any kind you shouldn't get it unless there are no younger candidates in need, also no 100s of thousand-millions$$$ worth of treatment for you unless you pay out of pocket. Seriously they should be given a big bag of heroin so they can live out their last days comfortably but don't burden society with extremely expensive end/near-end of life care and die like a man, with dignity.
so you are a teenager sitting in your parents basement upset because they decided not to buy you a car or some such and now you want all old people dead. well it aint happening anytime soon so get over it. how about instead you learn from us older people about how things really work, and tap into our knowledge and wisdom, and use them to improve yourself and your own life so you can compete with us older folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
How about those youngsters don't want to work for the starter jobs they want to run the companies! So because they can't do that they don't want to work!
good question. back when i was young we had a word for starter jobs, we called it opportunity.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:

i have an idea. why not kill everyone over 65?

think how much money that might free up for those young people!

maybe some of the young people need to get a grip, although i am sure that you don't represent the voice of all the young people either. it is interesting that you think dying with a big bag of heroin is the way to die with dignity.

i like the approach where some americans are looking out for all americans-from the soldiers, to the seniors, to the students, and everyone in between. we are all americans, and we are all in this together.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-01-2012 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,841,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
MrClose, yes, there are people who feel exactly as he posted, (such as the OP), but I thought it was pretty obvious that person was being sarcastic without the need for an obvious sarc tag.

Do we really need an "LOL" at the end of every damn sentence or can we get a sense of humor?
There was nothing to indicate 'sarcasm' in the post.

Many, many folks feel that there is 'merit' in tongue-n-cheek posts like these, while others 'fail' to see the humor.

One other point .. If so many young folks feel that the older folks don't care about their future .. 'why' is it that they tend to 'overlook' the fact that the Obama administration is spending theirs and their children's future away?
(Do these young folks actually 'believe' that Obamacare will be paid out of pocket .. by Obama?)

Old 04-01-2012, 05:05 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,778,879 times
My FIL said when he was young that anyone over 55 was old and should be put out of their misery...when he was 65, he said that maybe when one reaches 70, they should be put out of their misery.....then he turned 75 and he thought 80 was a good age to die....then he was 85 and thought...I'd like to live to 90....and he did...he died at 92... when he died he left his estate to a local college...to educate the uneducated...people just like you and him...as he only went to the 3rd grade and at the very end of his life he finally understood that knowledge is power.

Last edited by Dollydo; 04-01-2012 at 05:17 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Back in the old days, they cared about future generations, because the future generations carted about them. Many younger people are so self centered that the older generation doesn't care.
I don't like to blow my own horn, but even though I didn't have much when I was younger, I always tried to give to my parents some conveniences and they so appreciated everything I gave or whatever I did for them. I believe I got more pleasure out of it then they did.

I made my own way as my parents were poor. I never expected anything from them because of that fact. In those days it was some what harder to acquire some wealth. And there were no handouts and everyone I knew didn't want any either.. they had pride.
My parents were good decent people and I honored them for that.

In a way, I believe being poor gives the building blocks to save and make good decisions because who wants to be poor? I wasn't tempted to buy what everyone else was buying or had to have and lived with the basics and saved where I could.

The younger generations of today, many don't really know what poor is . They may find out if Obama keeps on with his theology and agenda.

Since the mortgage crisis , many older Americans are not getting any interest on their money to live on, so that too makes the older generation dip into their savings and they may not have enough savings to make ends meet.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,357,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Since the mortgage crisis , many older Americans are not getting any interest on their money to live on, so that too makes the older generation dip into their savings and they may not have enough savings to make ends meet.
And once a lot of the less-savvy retirees have traded their C. D's for non-indexed annuities, look for Barry-O (Batty-O ?? ) and the WoderPets to run the printing press to cover the deficits, thereby triggering a newer, stronger burst of inflation.

The targets have been identified, and the writing's on the wall.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-01-2012 at 05:46 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 05:27 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,821,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, aggregating wealth, maintaining artificially low tax rates, and cutting services that your kids will need to balance the budget is not generous. The TP gang has had a pretty good run (a 30 year housing bubble, stocks,etc.) coasting on the infrastructural investments of the mid 20th century, but refusing to maintain them. Now that they are at the peak of power, it is axe the government in a recession. Not impressive.

I don't think older people need to give their money away, like billionaires, but they should not be kissing Grover Norquist's ass all the time, nor putting idiots like Santorum and Bachmann up as potential leaders of the free world. And enough whining about taxes. They are too damn low to pay for the level of services we have enjoyed for 50 years or more. If you want your kids to have Medicaid,you can't starve the government.

And while your at it, do some reading and thinking, not listening to Limbaugh and Beck. We need the older generation to be wise, not raving hyperpartisan fools.
I certainly don't want my kids to have Medicaid since that is the program for poor people. I believe it is Medicare that you meant.
And incidentally I'll match my educational attainment against yours any day of the week. Not sure what in my post led you believe that I am a raving hyper partisan fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies