Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:48 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times

Advertisements

http://techcitement.com/culture/the-best-birth-control-in-the-world-is-for-men/#.T3HilGFSQ0t

Quote:
The procedure called RISUG (http://www.newmalecontraception.org/risug.htm - broken link) in India (reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance) takes about 15 minutes with a doctor, is effective after about three days, and lasts for 10 or more years. A doctor applies some local anesthetic, makes a small pinhole in the base of the *******, reaches in with a pair of very thin forceps, and pulls out the small white vas deferens tube. Then, the doctor injects the polymer gel (called Vasalgel here in the US), pushes the vas deferens back inside, repeats the process for the other vas deferens, puts a Band-Aid over the small hole, and the man is on his way. If this all sounds incredibly simple and inexpensive, that’s because it is. The chemicals themselves cost less than the syringe used to administer them. But the science of what happens next is the really fascinating part.
OK, guys - for those of you who want to control the reproductive process, here's your chance. Inexpensive, quick, pain free, reversible.

Time to put up or shut up....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
http://techcitement.com/culture/the-best-birth-control-in-the-world-is-for-men/#.T3HilGFSQ0t

OK, guys - for those of you who want to control the reproductive process, here's your chance. Inexpensive, quick, pain free, reversible.

Don't tell us, tell the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and music artist who all can afford to fly to India to get this proceedure. Until the FDA approves this proceedure, we won't see it here. There was a doctor in an Asia/Pacific country that came up with a proceedure in place of joint replacement. He opens up the joint, uses a grinder to remove calcium deposits and other growths, smooths out the surface of the ball and socket, then closes up. Patients are back on their feet pain free in much less time and far cheaper than a joint replacement.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh ya, and throughout human history that has worked so well!

DUH! Get a clue , it didn't, it doesn't, it won't.

Nothing wrong with the procedure in the OP...all those judgemental anti-choice men are lining up now, aren't they?????
I know this will rain on your parade, but pay attention:

1) I have never gotten someone pregnant that I didn't intend to get pregnant. It's called self-control, personal responsibility, and family planning.

2) I paid for my own contraceptives (What a concept!)

3) I have never accepted one red penny of taxpayer-funded social support. Why should I? I am a responsible person.

If you need me to put together a brochure on "basic personal responsibility," let me know. I'll be glad to school you on how easy it is to be a responsible human being.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Don't tell us, tell the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and music artist who all can afford to fly to India to get this proceedure. Until the FDA approves this proceedure, we won't see it here. There was a doctor in an Asia/Pacific country that came up with a proceedure in place of joint replacement. He opens up the joint, uses a grinder to remove calcium deposits and other growths, smooths out the surface of the ball and socket, then closes up. Patients are back on their feet pain free in much less time and far cheaper than a joint replacement.
You are correct, it is not available in this country and it probably won't be for a long time, if ever.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 AM

770 posts, read 1,178,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

1) I have never gotten someone pregnant that I didn't intend to get pregnant. It's called self-control, personal responsibility, and family planning.

3) I have never accepted one red penny of taxpayer-funded social support

If you need me to put together a brochure on "basic personal responsibilit," let me know. I'll be glad to school you on how easy it is to be a responsible human being.
Where in the OP did it say anything about taxes funding the procedure? All that's being talked about is an alternative form of birth control, which you some reason disapprove of it even though others using it would have no affect on you whatsoever. This falls under the category of "basic personal responsibility". Until you realize that, you shouldn't be making any brochures for anyone.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Where in the OP did it say anything about taxes funding the procedure? All that's being talked about is an alternative form of birth control, which you some reason disapprove of it even though others using it would have no affect on you whatsoever. This falls under the category of "basic personal responsibility". Until you realize that, you shouldn't be making any brochures for anyone.
Exactly. This procedure is a perfect example exercising "basic personal responsibility." Encourage all teenage boys to get it and you'd put a huge dent in teen pregnancies. Heck, make it free for all 13 year old boys...

Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

When my wife & I were finished having children, I visited Dr. SnipSnip.

We had no children before we decided to have children, and have have none since.

Pretty simple, really. All that is needed is a little bit of personal responsibility. But I guess that's asking too much of most people.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

3) I have never accepted one red penny of taxpayer-funded social support. Why should I? I am a responsible person.

If you need me to put together a brochure on "basic personal responsibility," let me know. I'll be glad to school you on how easy it is to be a responsible human being.
You hit on the EXACT thing that is lacking in today's liberal society: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Yes folks, it IS possible to NOT act like animals.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Birth control is only for the women-folk.

Pay attention.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Who said anything about taxpayers funding this procedure? Not me.

Who said anything about disapproving this "alternative form of birth control?" Not me.

Who said this wasn't a form of personal responsibility? Not me.

All I said is that the (cheaper) alternative is to be a responsible human being through keeping your dick in your pants (or use protection) if you don't intend to pro-create.

Why do you have a problem with this simple concept?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies