Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 PM

434 posts, read 684,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
You have been duped by the MSM and Obama's lies. His mother became ill in Jakarta and was misdiagnosed there. When she came back to the US our excellent health care system found the cancer but it was too late.
Janny Scott is an Ann Dunham biographer. According to Scott, she had access to correspondence between Dunham and her insurance provider, CIGNA. The dispute was not over health insurance, it was over a disability claim.
Scott writes that Dunham, who died in 1995 of uterine and ovarian cancer, had health insurance that “covered most of the costs of her medical treatment…The hospital billed her insurance company directly, leaving Ann to pay only the deductible and any uncovered expenses, which, she said, came to several hundred dollars a month.”
Scott could be right or Scott could be wrong. I don't even know who Scott is or what her impetus was to do a biography of Obama's mother ( I am not sure if any other president has had a biography done of his mother; it seems kind of an odd thing to do.) My source was an NPR commentator. But that said, the original post I made was more in reference to the experience of Obama vs. the Republican candidates and Romney's ability to relate to the average American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 04:39 PM

434 posts, read 684,855 times
Quote:
You have been duped by the MSM and Obama's lies. His mother became ill in Jakarta and was misdiagnosed there. When she came back to the US our excellent health care system found the cancer but it was too late.
Janny Scott is an Ann Dunham biographer. According to Scott, she had access to correspondence between Dunham and her insurance provider, CIGNA. The dispute was not over health insurance, it was over a disability claim.
Scott writes that Dunham, who died in 1995 of uterine and ovarian cancer, had health insurance that “covered most of the costs of her medical treatment…The hospital billed her insurance company directly, leaving Ann to pay only the deductible and any uncovered expenses, which, she said, came to several hundred dollars a month.”

This is the quote I found in the NY Times book review section from May 2, 2011.
(See http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/bo...pagewanted=all)

"A 52-year-old woman whose last year before succumbing to cancer was spent in part trying to convince the Cigna insurance company that she should not be disqualified from benefits by virtue of a “pre-existing condition.”

If she indeed spent her last year fighting to be covered by health insurance, I wonder how that affected her health and her ability to get adequate health care. Bottom line, to me, is that a dying person should not have to spend their last days fighting for adequate health care.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
President Romney will be a president that has had success in the financial community, working in the private sector for 25 years. He ran the Olympics and has had experience being a Governor. Obama's experience of being a community organizer, professor and one term senator before being president is pathetic compared to Romney's real world experience.
I can hardly wait until the landslide victory by Obama over whatever dolt the GOP sends out there. You guys are going to cry like 3 year old girls and it's going to be hilarious.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
Scott could be right or Scott could be wrong. I don't even know who Scott is or what her impetus was to do a biography of Obama's mother ( I am not sure if any other president has had a biography done of his mother; it seems kind of an odd thing to do.) My source was an NPR commentator. But that said, the original post I made was more in reference to the experience of Obama vs. the Republican candidates and Romney's ability to relate to the average American.
You may be right. Obama has the poor that are receiving handouts, the ignorant that believe his lies, the limousine liberals and the teachers unions. Romney has people who realize that they need a strong private sector to earn a good living. Even many private sector union members have lost it for Obama. He should have approved the pipeline. Seniors are not falling for his scare tactics. Plus he is the one cutting $500 B from medicare. 5 million people that still don't have jobs are not voting for Obama. His hopey changey theme is done for them.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can hardly wait until the landslide victory by Obama over whatever dolt the GOP sends out there. You guys are going to cry like 3 year old girls and it's going to be hilarious.

Yeah! were BO to con himself another victory it sure would be a blast to laugh while Rome was, err is burning.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:46 AM

867 posts, read 498,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Don't hold your breath, its going to be a lloooooooooooonnnnnnnnng wait until Obama wins another election.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
[/indent]This is the quote I found in the NY Times book review section from May 2, 2011.
(See http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/bo...pagewanted=all)

"A 52-year-old woman whose last year before succumbing to cancer was spent in part trying to convince the Cigna insurance company that she should not be disqualified from benefits by virtue of a “pre-existing condition.”

If she indeed spent her last year fighting to be covered by health insurance, I wonder how that affected her health and her ability to get adequate health care. Bottom line, to me, is that a dying person should not have to spend their last days fighting for adequate health care.
If you tried to get house insurance to cover against fire and flood, and your house was already on fire, do you think you would get coverage???

Come to think of it, you probably not only think you would, but should - that is how twisted liberalism is.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
President Romney will be a president that has had success in the financial community, working in the private sector for 25 years. He ran the Olympics and has had experience being a Governor. Obama's experience of being a community organizer, professor and one term senator before being president is pathetic compared to Romney's real world experience.
Capable of what?

So now, business experience is important, huh?

That's funny. George W. Bush was an oilman that couldn't find oil if he drilled into a Pennzoil Factory, and for some strange reason, business experience wasn't all that important back then.

Oh.."BUT HE OWNED A BASEBALL TEAM THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL...DIDN'T HE?"

Yea...when was the last time one of those went out of business.

Give it a rest.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:08 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What has Obama shown himself incapable of handling?
Finding and killing Osama Bin Laden

Reducing unemployment

Equal Pay Legislation for Women

Increases in domestic oil production.

Increasing U.S exports.

Coordinating an international coalition to bring down Ghadafi in Libya without putting boots on the ground.

Effectively using the capabilities of special operators in the CIA and military to hunt down and kill terrorist.

Consumer finance reform

Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Capable of what?

So now, business experience is important, huh?

That's funny. George W. Bush was an oilman that couldn't find oil if he drilled into a Pennzoil Factory, and for some strange reason, business experience wasn't all that important back then.

Oh.."BUT HE OWNED A BASEBALL TEAM THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL...DIDN'T HE?"

Yea...when was the last time one of those went out of business.

Give it a rest.
There is no such thing as a Pennzoil factory, but don't let ignorance slow down your dungrenade hurling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies