Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:41 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times

Advertisements

Young vs old. Rich vs poor. The people's anger rises. Anger at the government....and eventually that anger will be focused on a foreign enemy.

Quote:
We often hear the phrase, "Saved by WWII" when talking about the Great Depression and the 1930s. Back then, the world was in disarray, based on economic constraints rooted in WWI reparations, the expansion and bursting of the stock market, and worldwide abject poverty.

Saved by a war that cost 60 million lives? What was the option? The starvation of the poorest had begun in Eastern Europe, and revolution was in the air in the United States. No one can contemplate the extent of the disaster that is coming now, since we don't conceptualize WWII as being caused by economics.

Perhaps it's time to promote this explanation, so it would be clearer just what kind of a precipice we are now looking over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well I enjoyed the interlude...and what is it with Russia having so many beautiful people?

Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Florida is not the only state with "stand your ground laws".

Old 04-08-2012, 05:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Roysoldboy are you conspiring with Obama to launch an Arab Spring here in America??

Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Well...you shouldn't have asked for that because I've got it...in spades. And, this is just a partial list.

Tea Party Training

EmpowerUOhio.org

Tea Party Training

American Majority | America's Political Training Institute

Let's see you squirm out of this one.

Where ya at, Roy? I found what you asked about.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Where ya at, Roy? I found what you asked about.
I see that you don't know your hind side from page 9 about what is being prescribed by groups trying to organize the Arab Spring for the US. You actually sound like you fear the 100,000 that they claim to be training at all kinds of places the next week will be handled and defeated by the 20,000 that that one site claimed they had trained online.

Hey, I do hope that you are right and I am wrong because Van Jones says that his group consists of at least 100 million people who really like the Occupy group. Just think where we will end up if you are right and I am wrong.

BTW, those links showed very little compared to what I keep talking about when I try to get you to understand what the 99% of Van Jones and his sort are about to do to us.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you don't know your hind side from page 9 about what is being prescribed by groups trying to organize the Arab Spring for the US. You actually sound like you fear the 100,000 that they claim to be training at all kinds of places the next week will be handled and defeated by the 20,000 that that one site claimed they had trained online.

Hey, I do hope that you are right and I am wrong because Van Jones says that his group consists of at least 100 million people who really like the Occupy group. Just think where we will end up if you are right and I am wrong.

BTW, those links showed very little compared to what I keep talking about when I try to get you to understand what the 99% of Van Jones and his sort are about to do to us.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:23 PM

I just can't leave it with my smart-aleck "roll eyes" reply.

Do you see what you've done Roy? You started with some information that Occupy has set a goal of training 100,000 people, then attached to that a conspiracy theory about some kind of violent uprising.

When I showed you that their right-wing counterpart, the Tea Party movement, is involved in training THEIR activists too, you categorically rejected it because it didn't contain the mythical, magic number of 100,000. Worse you refused even to consider that:

1. YOUR side is as capable of creating violent unrest as the other and,

2. That they may have trained far more people because they've been at it longer.

The point is that by denying the right is involved in the same thing because it doesn't appear to rise to the level your conspiracy theory assumes, you've done nothing more than reveal your own prejudice and proved once again what most of us know: You're a close-minded, ideological radical.

That's fine for you as this is a free country and an open discussion forum, but don't get mad if we don't all follow you off your self-constructed cliff.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
I just can't leave it with my smart-aleck "roll eyes" reply.

Do you see what you've done Roy? You started with some information that Occupy has set a goal of training 100,000 people, then attached to that a conspiracy theory about some kind of violent uprising.

When I showed you that their right-wing counterpart, the Tea Party movement, is involved in training THEIR activists too, you categorically rejected it because it didn't contain the mythical, magic number of 100,000. Worse you refused even to consider that:

1. YOUR side is as capable of creating violent unrest as the other and,

2. That they may have trained far more people because they've been at it longer.

The point is that by denying the right is involved in the same thing because it doesn't appear to rise to the level your conspiracy theory assumes, you've done nothing more than reveal your own prejudice and proved once again what most of us know: You're a close-minded, ideological radical.

That's fine for you as this is a free country and an open discussion forum, but don't get mad if we don't all follow you off your self-constructed cliff.
I do wonder what it is like at the bottom of my cliff. I am sure that I know what it is like at the bottom of the one you are standing on but then we don't believe in the same ideologies, do we?

Can you show me any examples of the Tea Party people being involved in any real violence like some that the Occupy people were in on last fall? I will wait for your Media Matters examples but don't know any without your left leaning strategy from left sources like MM. Quick, get some of them posted.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
In a fight between young and old the old always lose. We just get older and die off. Be aware the Occupy movement is the future of America. That is good. This looks like an interesting summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies