Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 AM

30,409 posts, read 52,034,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Update: Mass. 4th Graders Will Be Allowed to Sing ‘God Bless the USA’ During Assembly | Stall Brook Elementary | Video | TheBlaze.com

To the people who spout the separation of church and state crap, do you think this is a problem?
So, you think the Constitution is "crap?" That's even more sad than any song being controversial, IMO.

For the record, I don't really have a problem with the kids singing this song - as I was forced to sing it myself as a kid, and it didn't affect my personal beliefs. But I'm actually secure in my beliefs and faith, unlike the people who get their panties in a wad whenever somebody says "Happy Holidays" etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 03:09 AM

30,409 posts, read 52,034,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Another loss for the losers who hate everything this country does. HAHA

The word "God" in a song was not a problem in much better times in this nation.... only now when certain people want to destroy every decent institution in America is it a problem.....
This comment doesn't even make sense. First, how is somebody challenging the separation of church & state "hating everything the country does?" Isn't it a sign of respect for our non-religious country and Constitution to challenge these things?? Not really understanding your second statement either, since again this one particular issue doesn't mean anyone wants to "destroy every decent institution." What does that even mean? First everyone claims our public school system is failing, and now it's one of the few remaining decent institutions in the US? Make up your minds, LOL.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,712,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Another loss for the losers who hate everything this country does. HAHA

The word "God" in a song was not a problem in much better times in this nation.... only now when certain people want to destroy every decent institution in America is it a problem.....
Atheism is increasing in America - thank god.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,525,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So, you think the Constitution is "crap?" That's even more sad than any song being controversial, IMO.

For the record, I don't really have a problem with the kids singing this song - as I was forced to sing it myself as a kid, and it didn't affect my personal beliefs. But I'm actually secure in my beliefs and faith, unlike the people who get their panties in a wad whenever somebody says "Happy Holidays" etc.
well the separation of church and state is not in the Constitution; it was a suggestion by Thomas Jefferson he wrote in a letter to a friend...

My main issue is with kids being forced to sing certain songs or recite the Pledge.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:48 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,310,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Kids sing about tons of pretend stuff like magic dragons, Humpty Dumpty and purple people eaters, why not god
How do you know God doesn't exist?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,970,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Massachusetts is the greatest state in the country

I want some of what you have been drinking.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:07 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,970,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Kids sing about tons of pretend stuff like magic dragons, Humpty Dumpty and purple people eaters, why not god

Show us your proof that God is "pretend" or does not exists. I won't hold my breath because I know that you cannot prove it. I am waiting for one of you to show us that fact, but it never occurs.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,945,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Show us your proof that God is "pretend" or does not exists. I won't hold my breath because I know that you cannot prove it. I am waiting for one of you to show us that fact, but it never occurs.
I can't prove a giant invisible rabbit that only you can see doesn't talk to you, both have equal scientific evidence supporting this So I have to disprove something that has no proof of existence? If you said you dated Jessica Alba, in your mind, I'd be wrong because I can't "disprove" it.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,321,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
If you want a theocracy so badly, please move to the middle east and see what one really looks like.
You might be surprised.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,711,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Maryland is the greatest state in the country
fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies