Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Fact is , we need to know how a man can become a dictator in a civilized country. It happened and it came quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There were Jews who assisted and advised Hitler...
Yup. they were called (forgive my German, it's never been good) Judenopferer (Jew hunter/sacrificer). Not only were the majority of Judenopferer paid better than they would have on their own, in some cases they were disavowed of their Jewish background and declared Aryan by their Nazi handlers.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Nazis determined that Jews were responsible for all problems.
Keep on deflecting but remember that most of us you are trying to deflect from can see through you.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I always wondered how a dictator can take over a democracy. Through legislation one can create a dictatorship.
I don't have to wonder, given the historical evidence. Actually, Hitler serves as the perfect example, and this quote of his demonstrates the approach:

"The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it."

I agree with it. Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is , we need to know how a man can become a dictator in a civilized country. It happened and it came quickly.
All it takes is a bunch of irrational, emotionally driven uncivilized folks drowning in religiosity acquire the ability to organize and influence politics, and a leadership that can achieve that.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 04-09-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
And those who don't see anything as a big deal....Half of them don't even know their rights per the Constitution and think the government is looking out for them.

Always makes me laugh.

How can people trust the government? No, really. How in the hell can you trust people who have proven over and over they are not worth of your trust? Would you stay in a relationship / marriage knowing that your spouse had done some horrible stuff behind your back over and over? Most people wouldn't...yet they have no problem allowing the scum bags to run this country into the ground. Everyone is more or less equally guilty; either for being ignorant and completely oblivious and others for being way naive (but in their minds they think they know it all and their party can do no wrong).

In the meantime the Constitution will be shredded...piece by piece...and someday there will be nothing left. Why? Because the people are too darn dumb and their priorities are completely screwed up. It is all about the next episode of the Jersey Shore....Everything else can go to h e l l as long as they get their darn TV time and can party whenever they feel like it.

I know some kids (15-17) who have very little knowledge of the Constitution. It is sad. One of them couldn't even name a Founding Father.

Wow when you put it like this. It is sad very sad. Priorities today, is what new tv show is going to make more money and who will the young teens envy.

Things can happen that one cannot imagine, and the thing is, when they do the signs were always there. It is just that some mistook those signs, for what they wanted to see when others knew all along that Change is taking place.
It is that change, that will bring us to our knees, and some will then say, what the hek happened, well if you were not so busy protecing those very things that now have gotten us in trouble, these things would not have happened.
Signs are always there, some, just turn their heads the other direction.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:46 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Okay, tell me, who is responsible for all of America's problems?
20TH CENTURY European wars [WW1-WW2] and the dimocratic party... we had our own elected Dictator in FDR's 4 terms....

Old 04-09-2012, 01:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Scary...

I've wondered over the last few months what our fearless leader will do with a 2nd term. The 1st thing I'd do is overturn term limits since my "Changes" will need quite a few more years to implement.

Would there be a large enough revolt in the US to overthrow a Hitler ?
No one would overthrow a dictator in America. Americans buy in large are a bunch of sheeps. If they tried to overthrow him, the military would mow them done.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:54 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
No one would overthrow a dictator in America. Americans buy in large are a bunch of sheeps. If they tried to overthrow him, the military would mow them done.
The military takes an oath to defend the Constitution...but I agree today most Americans have let the government herd them like sheep.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:54 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,531,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And there we go...oh Godwin, party of one!

Discussion over.
Godwin's law isn't really applicable to a thread where the original point of the thread is already a discussion of the Nazis...

Since Godwin's Law is looking at the probability that if every internet discussion goes long enough sooner of later someone will throw in a inappropriate Nazi anaology or comparison to Hitler, it doesn't make sense to reference it when the OP is specifically talking about Nazis...

Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times
Quote:
IF America turned to god a dictatorship would be impossible. Every American should be a christian.
God I hope that doesn't happen

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies