Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
For those that don't believe a holocaust can occur again, remember Rwanda and Bosnia.

I don't think the whole sale slaughter of people as occurred under the Nazi's will occur again, and especially to the Jewish people, but genocide is still a problem in the modern world, and the United States and other countries don't always intervene.
I would suspect the abortion rates and fetal death numbers as a result in the US rival the lives lost through genocide in other parts of the world. But, label the killing of innocents a "choice" instead of a holocaust, genocide, or infanticide, and that makes it "ok" to many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I would suspect the abortion rates and fetal death numbers as a result in the US rival the lives lost through genocide in other parts of the world. But, label the killing of innocents a "choice" instead of a holocaust, genocide, or infanticide, and that makes it "ok" to many.
Sure, label a dividing mass of cells a human being and that makes it muder

Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:
Abortion should be a personal choice. Keep the federal government out of it. I wouldn't be opposed to releasing it back to the states to decide.

But abortions have been ongoing since the beginning of time. Simply outlawing them won't stop them, in fact it will make matters worse.

Abortion is an issue like drug and prostitution prohibition. You may disagree with the act, but outlawing things never stops them. I'd much rather women have the choice of going to a doctor, rather then back rooms as they did 50 years ago.

Abortions are not a holocaust. Anyone who knows anything about fetal development knows that any fetus prior to the end of the first trimester is not human.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Thoughout the history of man there is plenty of evidence that he is all too willing to repeat the mistakes and horrors of the past.
Quote:
For those that don't believe a holocaust can occur again, remember Rwanda and Bosnia.

I don't think the whole sale slaughter of people as occurred under the Nazi's will occur again, and especially to the Jewish people, but genocide is still a problem in the modern world, and the United States and other countries don't always intervene.
Back on subject.

These two posts are representative of what Stein was relating.

Get a grip people.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
I am not even saying that there are not antisemitic views in neighboring countries. But then again, that is not necessarily their fault. I guess Israel is unfortunately not rational and objective enough to look at the whole history of the Middle East mess, there is always that religious delusion in the background that makes people on both sides think some god is on their side.

If I were in charge in Israel, I would first bring about a fair solution to the Palestine problem, which is at the core of the hostilities, and at the same time I would start exchange programs with Iran and other such nations. When people meet people and show good will, they can bring about miracles. Often it is only the first step people are afraid of as nobody wants to appear gentle in that region where often there still is an old-testament kind of mentality.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's a ridiculous assertion. Hell, beyond ridiculous. And he's supposedly a smart guy.

He needs to back off the melodrama just a bit.
smart, but quite the goofball at times.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Considering many if not most Israelis have dual citizenship, I suspect much of the country will flee before his scenario ever took place.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,344 times
For crying out loud...there are more Jews in the United States (6,500,000) than in Israel (4,950,000). This shouldn't even be discussed seriously.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
For crying out loud...there are more Jews in the United States (6,500,000) than in Israel (4,950,000). This shouldn't even be discussed seriously.
There are also about 75,000 Jews living in Iran, where they are protected by law.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:55 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
Quote:

I don't want to say that i entirely agree with this statement. However it does makes some sound sense, and when spepaking aobut man, man seems to make the same mistakes of the past.
I would like to say that no this can never happen again, but, no one honestly knows this for sure, we don't know, we can merely hope, that these horrors will never be repeated again.
I just don't see that same part of history repeating itself. I hope it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies