Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Playing the victim, makes me wonder what they are up to and about to do
FYI, there have been several Holocausts since WWII, they simply did not involve the Jews, ask the people of Cambodia, Rwanda and China to name a few, we have learned nothing.
Mass crimes against humanity and genocide since World War II
The "holocaust card" has been played in western countries for a long time, and it's still going on. Shed tears for the Jews in the Shoah? Sure.

Let's also shed a tear for the Palestinians who have lost everything under Israel.

There's suffering enough for everyone. No one is "special."

The major problem, imo, is that many fundamentalist Christians actually WANT a war between Israel and Iran, so that Jesus can come back to earth on a cloud. (I kid you not.) THIS is the mentality that is supporting so much of the injustices in the Middle East today.

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 12:29 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Well David Ben Gurion did say he was willing to declare war against Britain after the MacDonald White Paper of 1939.
That was because Britain was double dealing like the snakes they always were. I don't blame them for that.

Anyway what many people fail to realize is the Jewish fear assimilation(by particular Jews, not all of them who are usually the unwitting targets). Just listen to their rabbis on intermarriage. Thus the leadership is often for disharmonious relations with gentiles, and ghettoized Jewish populations. Thus Jewish population may indeed have problems that any isolated group may have from an indigenous population. However it is no more no less.

However with this whole Zionist business they not only have an internal problems but you also have the Christian end of the world cult who sees it as a messianic sign. Thus the assimilated Jew, and anti-Zionist orthodox needs to be fully equipped to know what they are actually dealing with. I am less concerned for orthodox because they have been on to this game(and they believe that they are to remain in exile). Its the assimilated ones that don't get it.

The state of Israel did not just happen. It was planned since Napoleonic times. Napoleon, always desperate for finance, was happy to float this idea well before Britain did when seeking finance in WWI. Edmond Rothschild sunk in a lot of money to create that state. The problem is not a lot of people wanted to move there. It was a desert backwater. Is it a coincidence a big stick appeared? Rothschild money seemed to be making its way to antisemtic elements as documented in The Jewish Encyclopedia as early as in the aftermath of the Franco-Prussian war. I smell a huge rat in the Dreyfus affair frame up.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 PM

802 posts, read 564,365 times
I still question the alleged number of 6 million jews that died. I don't think it was that many.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
"They also know that the mere word of the world means very little in terms of actual action, except for the United States of America, the only nation that has ever stood up for Jews in a meaningful way since World War II, or maybe ever."

The above from the OP linked Stein article.

This isn't true. FDR turned away the passengers on the St Louis, refused to give them sanctuary and as a result many died when they had to return to Europe and the Nazis.

"America not only refused their entry but even fired a warning shot to keep them away from Florida’s shores."

MS St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read "Voyage of the Damned" about the St Louis and the more recent "Refuge Denied" that talks about what happened to the passengers that returned to various countries in Europe after FDR wouldn't let them in only to lose their life when those countries were occupied.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
I still question the alleged number of 6 million jews that died. I don't think it was that many.
What I don't get is the gas chambers. What for? All you have to do is crowd people together and not feed them and in 30 days they are a non factor. Just don't give them water for 3 days. There is no way they could gas that many. That is why all those bodies were emaciated. Why would you gas them? I have no doubt they were in camps and certainly died in large numbers. Ann Frank was put in a camp and died of a typhus. I find that very easy to believe. That is the magic of concentration camps and bad nutrition. I also have no doubt they starved especially since Germany was having trouble feeding itself in 1945. So I am afraid that aspect was a myth and the gas was for delousing. Otherwise to consider Germany full of intelligent people is a myth. They would be idiots. Even Stalin knew what he was doing. Just take the food and they are done. But again, it was made as horrifying as possible because it was politically useful to finally get that state in Israel.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:48 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What I don't get is the gas chambers. What for? All you have to do is crowd people together and not feed them and in 30 days they are a non factor. Just don't give them water for 3 days. There is no way they could gas that many. That is why all those bodies were emaciated. Why would you gas them? I have no doubt they were in camps and certainly died in large numbers. Ann Frank was put in a camp and died of a typhus. I find that very easy to believe. That is the magic of concentration camps and bad nutrition. I also have no doubt they starved especially since Germany was having trouble feeding itself in 1945. So I am afraid that aspect was a myth and the gas was for delousing. Otherwise to consider Germany full of intelligent people is a myth. They would be idiots. Even Stalin knew what he was doing. Just take the food and they are done. But again, it was made as horrifying as possible because it was politically useful to finally get that state in Israel.
Please watch the 1955 French documentary "Night and Fog."

Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Whether it was 4 or 5 or 6 or 10 million Jews who died in the Holocaust is not the point--the point is how that unchangeable tragedy is being exploited by other unprincipled people for their own ends, many decades later.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"They also know that the mere word of the world means very little in terms of actual action, except for the United States of America, the only nation that has ever stood up for Jews in a meaningful way since World War II, or maybe ever."

The above from the OP linked Stein article.

This isn't true. FDR turned away the passengers on the St Louis, refused to give them sanctuary and as a result many died when they had to return to Europe and the Nazis.

"America not only refused their entry but even fired a warning shot to keep them away from Florida’s shores."

MS St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read "Voyage of the Damned" about the St Louis and the more recent "Refuge Denied" that talks about what happened to the passengers that returned to various countries in Europe after FDR wouldn't let them in only to lose their life when those countries were occupied.

Absolutely correct. We were not accepting Jews from Germany. I think they were supposed to flee to Palestine.

Yet we have been very tolerant as citizens for Jews here. It is said we love them to extinction.

Fetal Attraction: Why Orthodox Jews Will Prevent Jewish Extinction | PresenTense: Fostering Innovation
At every dais in the diaspora, at fundraisers, and at singles events, Jews are urged to marry other Jews to save the Jewish people. This seems rational and imperative, for it takes little to see that Judaism in America has a sustainability problem. The Jewish intermarriage rate in America is either 47% or 54%, according to the National Jewish Population Study of 2000-2001. (The two figures define Jews differently.) Despite decades of pro-intramarriage programming, this is a dramatic rise from a 13% intermarriage rate for those married prior to 1970. Most Jews, apparently, see little reason to marry Jewish.

As always the answer to a seemingly unfathomable paradox is the wrong assumption. We as individuals only fear death, not the death of a culture.

Carefully note the "fetal attraction" which is a play on a phrase "fatal attraction". Chilling when you consider the implication that the wrong fetus is fatal.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 04-10-2012 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Please watch the 1955 French documentary "Night and Fog."
I have no doubt there were gas chambers and piles of bodies that had clearly starved to death. And I have given this subject much more due than a simple documentary. I have looked at it for quite some time. History is lies that are agreed upon thus the most credible witness to me is what is feasible. Gassing 6 million isn't. Germany kept precise records of its medical atrocities so again it does not add up that gas chambers were a serious genocidal device. It would be very well documented as a means of eradication. Japan documented unit 731 as well but in that case the US made sure it was not made public.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
What does it matter if it's an ethnic group or not? A life is a life.
I agree, but the thread is about the holocaust, and its possible repeat, which was directed at the Jewish ethnic group, which makes it genocide.

Since we are talking about genocide, the ethnicity of the victims is relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies