Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I foresaw this coming back a few posts.

What woman who loved and had faith in her guy would not be chomping at the bit to show the world she's standing by her upright, sensitive and loving man. No one would be able to hold me back. She can make a statement from a cave in Afghanistan, so don't even try to sell me garbage about Black Panthers.
A woman who is scared for her life based on the barrage of death threats being hurled at her husband and his family. Twist it all you like, nobody in their right mind would take that chance with their wife. The Trayvon suppor klan wants blood and they shouldn't be trusted.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
A woman who is scared for her life based on the barrage of death threats being hurled at her husband and his family. Twist it all you like, nobody in their right mind would take that chance with their wife. The Trayvon suppor klan wants blood and they shouldn't be trusted.
A big smoking crock of doo doo. I repeat...a statement from an undisclosed location from anywhere in the world. Anything, something, some hastily scrawled note written with disappearing ink. Where are you Mrs. Zimmerman? Cat got your tongue?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
A woman who is scared for her life based on the barrage of death threats being hurled at her husband and his family.
Whether she is scared or not I see no reason for her to expose herself to any of the media circus that is surrounding this case. The family's public relations battle already has a number of surrogates so I see no reason why her life needs to be disrupted any more than is needed. There are lots of ways a husband or wife can "stand behind" whomever, it doesn't have to be in front of a TV camera.

I'm ignoring the rest of the post.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
A big smoking crock of doo doo. I repeat...a statement from an undisclosed location from anywhere in the world. Anything, something, some hastily scrawled note written with disappearing ink. Where are you Mrs. Zimmerman? Cat got your tongue?
Give it a rest. Please.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
George Zimmerman had a political motive for shooting Trayvon Martin? Trayvon Martin's parents have a political motive for seeking justice for their son? Interesting.

Why are you stopping short by just wishing Zimmerman "good luck"? I'm sure the address of where he is being held is availbale. I think he is married, although we have not heard anything from or about the wife, so I don't think it would be proper to become a pen pal. Just send him some home baked-cookies.

BTW...what do you think you know about the facts that the prosecuter is privy to?
Actually, I used to work in a minimum security prison, and assuming that the rules are similar at the Sanford jail, Zimmerman won't be allowed to accept cookies.

She can, however, send a money order to be put on his account - that way he can buy more Jolly Rancher candy.

I'm sure he will appreciate her support. Oh, and lots of married inmates carry on with different women, which can prove to be a bit of a problem on visiting day.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 PM

21 posts, read 14,155 times
Man oh man. I have now read the prosecution's "affidavit" in support of the probable cause hearing. What a complete crock of nonsense. Even Alan Dersowitch, who has never seen a liberal cause he could not support called it "unethical". The "Special Prosecutor" and her staff had weeks to come up with this all-important document and we get two pages of conjecture of "profiling" and no discussion of the confrontation and fight which is at the heart of this case. No discussion of "neighbor John" who said Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman pummeling him. No description of the EMT's report of what they found and what they did with Zimmerman at the crime scene....pathetic. This is a complete political persecution...not a prosecution.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, I used to work in a minimum security prison, and assuming that the rules are similar at the Sanford jail, Zimmerman won't be allowed to accept cookies.

She can, however, send a money order to be put on his account - that way he can buy more Jolly Rancher candy.

I'm sure he will appreciate her support. Oh, and lots of married inmates carry on with different women, which can prove to be a bit of a problem on visiting day.

In truth, I'm all for Zimmerman getting a fair trial. To me he seems like a putz that was a big fish in a liitle pond that now has the eyes of the big bad world on him. He probably needed professional help and did not get it. I'm more disgusted at the people supporting him just based on the fact that he carried a gun and therefore...a hero.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Thanks for the link.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
In truth, I'm all for Zimmerman getting a fair trial. To me he seems like a putz that was a big fish in a liitle pond that now has the eyes of the big bad world on him. He probably needed professional help and did not get it. I'm more disgusted at the people supporting him just based on the fact that he carried a gun and therefore...a hero.
I agree.

I, too, hope that he gets a fair trial - I also hope that Trayvon gets his story told and that justice is done for him.

Unfortunately, there are really only two people who know exactly what happened in those final minutes before the shooting - and one of them can't speak for himself.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I will be praying that Zimmerman gets a fair trial. God also knows what happened that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies