Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Guaranteed, within a very short time he would have...urkiddin!

1. Caught on school surveillance camera in unauthorized area, hiding & being suspicious.
2. Getting caught red handed writing graffiti on school property.
3. Caught w/12 pcs. women jewerly
4. Caught w/ burglary tool
5. Suspended for tardiness & truancy
6. Caught w/ empty bag w/traces of marijuana & a pipe

So how long before he has a record So I wouldn't be pointing that finger at Zimmerman so proudly.
1. Hiding in an unauthorized area at school! May God have mercy on his soul! When Ms. Katiana was a senior in high school, same age as Trayvon, she and her friend took advantange of "club yearbook picture day" to ditch class and hang out where the pictures were being taken. . . .all day. It was the one day we could legally skip class w/o needing an exuse as to our whereabouts. It was "assumed" that we were getting our pictures taken.

2. Graffiti? OMG! Fire up the electric chair.

3. Caught? Was not reported to police.

4. Burglary tool? It was a screwdriver. Most men I know, and a lot of women, have a screwdriver in their car or on their person.

5. Tardiness? Truancy? Holy Mackerel! The beginnngs of a life of crime and communism for sure! Is there anybody here on CD who can truthfully say they have NEVER been late for school or work? NEVER called in sick when not sick?

6. Marijuana is legal in many states, including mine, with a medical marijuana card. Even if not, many people on this thread have admitted to smoking a little weed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
After several thousand posts about this tragedy, one thing I find interesting is the same people who think the Sanford police completely screwed up this investigation have complete faith in the handling of Zimmerman's prior arrest, that resulted in no conviction.

Also, that Trayvon having a baggie with marijuana and a screwdriver with women's jewelry is just "kids being kids" but Zimmerman being arrested (but not convicted) of pushing someone while intoxicated when he was 20 or 21 makes him a violent, alcoholic felon.

I think they both made mistakes that night, and unfortunately, it led to a death. I feel bad for both families. The Martin's for losing their child, and the Zimmermans for the unfair way the media and some groups have handled this.
Aw, poor widda Georgie! You don't get arrested for "pushing" a cop. He was arrested for assaulting the cop. You call domestic violence "pushing someone while intoxicated"? God forbid it should ever happend to you!

Get a clue! He's alive, Trayvon's not.

Quote:
Correct, most don't and you know it. Don't need a lottery win or a crystal ball to figure that one out.
Baloney. I know quite a few people, mostly young men, who did as much if not more than Trayvon who have turned out to be upstanding citizens.

Quote:
Right, probably because he would have been sitting in jail for burglary or drugs. Who knows, not me or you, but that was the road he was heading.
Oh, come on! He never did anything violent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why would he twist the facts during the 911 call? A call he has made numerous times without incident? Are you suggesting he knew he was going to kill this kid during the 911 call and thus "twisted the facts"?

Motive is not necessary to discern.

Why are you discounting Zimmerman's description and characterization of Trayvon's behavior on the 911 call? Why are you discounting how Zimmerman described Trayvon approaching him?

Maybe b/c Zimmerman had a history of reporting people.

How do you know Trayvon was simply on the phone as if one can not walk, be on the phone and peer through homes at the same time.
So freaking what? He was not in the process of committing a crime.

BTW, since you're the one who asked about walking in the rain-I was driving home from Denver in the rain, and I happened to see quite a few people out walking in it, including one guy who had a bag full of something as if he had just made a purchase at a store, sort of like Trayvon. I also saw a guy biking in the rain.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Aw, poor widda Georgie! You don't get arrested for "pushing" a cop. He was arrested for assaulting the cop. You call domestic violence "pushing someone while intoxicated"? God forbid it should ever happend to you!
I dare you to go out and "push" a cop...you'll be arrested so fast your head would spin and yes the arresting doc will say "you assaulted" a cop...

Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I dare you to go out and "push" a cop...you'll be arrested so fast your head would spin and yes the arresting doc will say "you assaulted" a cop...
Perhaps, but brentwoodgirl doesn't know any more about the details of that arrest than you or I do. She just made it up to make poor widda Georgie sound like the victim.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
Quote:
4. Burglary tool? It was a screwdriver. Most men I know, and a lot of women, have a screwdriver in their car or on their person.
You left out the women's jewelry. The combination of the two seems pretty suspicious. Four or five times in my life I have had a single piece of women's jewelry in my possession, a present for the wife (Yes, I am a cheap bastard)

How would you carry around a screwdriver in the absence of a tool belt or something similar? I mean I have a chinese version of a Swiss Army Knife that works in a pinch. I have never carried a screwdriver around on my person.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,539 times
Quote:
Perhaps, but brentwoodgirl doesn't know any more about the details of that arrest than you or I do. She just made it up to make poor widda Georgie sound like the victim.
That was your interpretation of her post...

She was just expressing her thoughts|opinions...something she is allowed to do on this fora...much to your dismay it would seem, unless of course it mirrors your opinions|thoughts...

BTW, I've seen quite a few of your posts that seem to be a figment of your imagination...

Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
May justice be served .
This was a tragedy but justice has already been served for George Zimmerman, he defended himself and he's still alive while his attacker is dead.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This was a tragedy but justice has already been served for George Zimmerman, he defended himself and he's still alive while his attacker is dead.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Trayvons girlfriend stated that, while on the phone with Trayvon, Zimmerman came towards Trayvon and that Trayvon asked "What are you following me for?" and Zimmerman asked "What are you doing here?"

Someone who's simply waiting for police in one location wouldn't be asked "What are you following me for?" by someone else. Why would someone be asked "What are you following me for?" if they aren't following anyone?
That is what I read.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Was Trayvon's girlfriend smoking crack or weed at the time of, or immediately preceding, the conversation?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Was Trayvon's girlfriend smoking crack or weed at the time of, or immediately preceding, the conversation?
Why would you ask a stupid question like that?

Isn't it enough that you all have tried to demonize a kid who was more than likely doing nothing except walking along, talking on the phone and minding his own business, now you're going to try to demonize his girlfriend as well?

I'd say that you should be ashamed of yourself but I'm convinced there are just some people who can't be shamed - regardless of what they say or do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies