Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not having a police record simply means he has never been caught.

Again it's the prosecution making the accusation that Zimmerman profiled Martin as a criminal incorrectly. The defense is well within it's rights to challenge that statement by bringing in incidents that show Martin has engaged in criminal activity. Which would make what Zimmerman observed that night (acting strangely, peering through windows) not out of the realm of possibility
True. Same for Zimmerman. He may have assaulted a whole lot of other people who didn't press charges.

There is NOTHING about Trayvon peering through windows in any report. He was talking on the freakin' phone! "Strangely" requires some sort of definition.

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It would if he was attacked by Zimmerman but that doesn't appear to match any reports nor does it make any sense based on what we all know took place. You don't call the cops on yourself.
The following could be construed as an "attack" or the basis for SYG. If Trayvon was alive and assaulted Zimmerman and charged with it he could conceivably use the SYG defense. It's a moot point now and really has very little bearing on the case.

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He had no police record. Zimmerman does.
What crimes was Zimmerman convicted of? None, he has ZERO criminal record just like Trayvon because he was never convicted/found guilty of any crime.

Anyone who's been pulled over for speeding technically has a police record, that doesn't mean much unless of course you're trying to smear someone you desperately want to look bad in a given situation.

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The prosecutor opens the door to the defense looking into Trayvon's background when she lists in the charging documents that Zimmerman erroneously profiled Trayvon as a criminal. If there are incidents in Trayvon's past that show he has engaged in criminal activity, then Zimmerman's profiling wouldn't be erroneous.
If you are a lawyer, I think you need to go back to school! So you're saying Zimmerman knew Trayvon Martin? How can you tell someone committed a crime just because he is walking down the road with iced tea? Where does he mention in one word during the 911 call that Trayvon is doing anything illegal? Was he staring into cars? Was he breaking into one of the residences?

Seriously, I doubt if Zimmerman's past felonies will be admissible, since he wasn't convicted, but that possibly would be opening the door - and that's a maybe. Trayvon had no police record whatsoever, not unless there's something we don't know about yet. If I were on a jury and someone mentioned a school suspension, unless there was an arrest that showed violent behavior, I would be shaking my head and wondering why the defense is bothering to mention it. O'Mara is not an idiot. He will never attempt to paint Trayvon Martin as a thug the way some of you are doing it on this forum. It would be in very bad taste.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
True. Same for Zimmerman. He may have assaulted a whole lot of other people who didn't press charges.

There is NOTHING about Trayvon peering through windows in any report. He was talking on the freakin' phone! "Strangely" requires some sort of definition.
Zimmerman said as much on the 911 call.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...zimmerman.html

Quote:
This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic? Zimmerman: He looks black. Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing? Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring... Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area... Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Zimmerman had a restraining order against him from his ex-fiancee for domestic violence.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:20 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
This is too much.

Zimmerman has a criminal past. Not Martin.

When im interacting with normal everyday people i dont hear the same foolery thats on the internet.

Everyone wants the case to be judge fair and that is what i feel is happening. Its not as much of a racial thing as people are making it out to be.

We dont know what evidence has been found for the 2nd degree murder charge. It may be best that we dont. We are not the ones deciding.

Why cant we let the process take place and be happy.

Im finished.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If you are a lawyer, I think you need to go back to school! So you're saying Zimmerman knew Trayvon Martin? How can you tell someone committed a crime just because he is walking down the road with iced tea?

Seriously, I doubt if Zimmerman's past felonies will be admissible, since he wasn't convicted, but that possibly would be opening the door - and that's a maybe. Trayvon had no police record whatsoever, not unless there's something we don't know about yet. If I were on a jury and someone mentioned a school suspension, unless there was an arrest that showed violent behavior, I would be shaking my head and wondering why the defense is bothering to mention it. O'Mara is not an idiot. He will never attempt to paint Trayvon Martin as a thug the way some of you are doing it on this forum. It would be in very bad taste.
Not a lawyer. Three suspensions in a year is considerable in my book. Shows a pattern of disregarding authority.

Quote:
This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic? Zimmerman: He looks black. Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing? Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring... Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area... Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
What crimes was Zimmerman convicted of? None, he has ZERO criminal record just like Trayvon because he was never convicted/found guilty of any crime.

Anyone who's been pulled over for speeding technically has a police record, that doesn't mean much unless of course you're trying to smear someone you desperately want to look bad in a given situation.
No, you are wrong. He has a police record on file. I posted it directly from the Orange County web site. He is not "just like Trayvon" as you wrote who was never arrested for anything, unless I'm missing something.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Zimmerman had a restraining order against him from his ex-fiancee for domestic violence.
Fascinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies