Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,349,576 times

Advertisements

There are crazies everywhere.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
The witnesses heard two male voices arguing then screams for help, then a shot. At least one witness puts Trayvon on top of George and George as the one who was screaming for help. What I'm wondering is HOW|WHY it escalated to a physical confrontation and who started the PHYSICAL fight? As I posted earlier, I theorize that TM saw that gun and attempted to relieve GW of it. You know the old adage "Fight or Flight"...TM in his young mind might have felt the only WAY out was to get that gun away from this "thug" who had been following him. He must of thought that if he turned his back or ran, he might be shot...

We'll never know those details for the obvious reasons...unless of course there is an "ear" witness who hasn't been revealed yet that heard the entire verbal exchange...

Again just my theories and speculation...
In your theory Zimmerman shooting Trayvon would be self defense.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Criminals carry cell phones also.
That wasn't my point. My point is he was walking down the street, sidewalk, whatever, talking on the phone. He was not in the process of committing a burglary. He was not breaking into a house.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:44 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,136 times
Eyewitness, forensics/autopsy will decide this case.

I believe the affidavit does not support a 2nd degree murder charge. Maybe there is more evidence or not (they may just want to see what will stick). At any rate, we will see after the discovery process if GZ agrees to a plea.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:48 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that you failed to see how many listeners Hartman has. I don't suppose any of them is anti-NRA or anti-Walmart but then they might be and well could be if they listen to someone like him daily. You make noises about people like Rush Limbaugh but he doesn't have more than a few times as many listeners than Hartmann has.

I love how you try to deflect from this one.
I guess the word "deflect" must be a talking point of the Republican party now since I've heard two people using that word here today. I'm not some childish, emotional partisan living off someone else's taxes. I really don't care about the opinion of the guy to whom you linked or most anyone elses's opinion on the matter including yours. I don't deflect anything. In fact, most times when I post, it's to point out how people are either whining about nothing or not backing up their arguments. That holds true no matter what their position. On this forum though, it's mostly crazy righties putting forth ideas that either don't matter or they can't justify.

Some nut job, whether on the right of left, spouting out some obvious nonsense is really not threadworthy. That includes whether it comes from the moron who blamed this on the NRA, Walmart, etc, or some moron like Glenn Beck who would probably blame this on DNC, Barbra Streisand, etc.

There's no deflecting here. It's a country of 300M+ people. Lots of those people say dumb things and they aren't threadworthy.

Another point, there's a sticky for Trayvon Martin threads. I'll be sure to give the mods a heads up so that this can be moved into that thread.

Also, aren't you the guy who I found to be falsely accusing Obama of saying things that he didn't say and ended up apologizing to me for it? Now you accuse me of 'deflecting'?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
In your theory Zimmerman shooting Trayvon would be self defense.
I agree...tragically GZ made the decision to follow TM which ultimately led to (in my theory) the life or death struggle for that gun...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think that any of these groups or people can be blamed, at all, for the boy's death but here is an article about a left leaning radio personality who has blamed all of them. It gets more and more humorous as time passes to see who gets blamed for that death.

Did You Know that Republicans, the NRA, and Wal-Mart Are Responsible for the Death of Trayvon Martin? - Godfather Politics
Somehow it will be Bushes fault also

Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
So one guy blames a bunch of things on Martin's death and it's threadworthy? Umm,

29% of the country still thinks that bigfoot exists.

29% Of Americans Believe In Bigfoot | Stranger Dimensions

I'm not sure why posting one guy's whackjob opinions on here is worthy of a thread.
So some guy, Rush, makes a comment and there are several threads.

Do you see the irony?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM

96 posts, read 81,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We do not know that Trayvon smokes weed. In fact, he's not doing anything now; he is dead. The baggie found in his backpack, had marijuana residue. Even if he did smoke mj, he as a lot of company among 17 year olds, and people on this thread have admitted to same. He was "caught" with a screwdriver. If he was talking on the phone to his girlfriend, his demeanor (from a distance in the dark and rain), may have seemed "strange" to Zimmerman.
"We do not know that Trayvon smokes weed"......Really, I bet he was holding it for a friend, right? Katiana, you are trying too hard, really.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I guess the word "deflect" must be a talking point of the Republican party now since I've heard two people using that word here today. I'm not some childish, emotional partisan living off someone else's taxes. I really don't care about the opinion of the guy to whom you linked or most anyone elses's opinion on the matter including yours. I don't deflect anything. In fact, most times when I post, it's to point out how people are either whining about nothing or not backing up their arguments. That holds true no matter what their position. On this forum though, it's mostly crazy righties putting forth ideas that either don't matter or they can't justify.

Some nut job, whether on the right of left, spouting out some obvious nonsense is really not threadworthy. That includes whether it comes from the moron who blamed this on the NRA, Walmart, etc, or some moron like Glenn Beck who would probably blame this on DNC, Barbra Streisand, etc.

There's no deflecting here. It's a country of 300M+ people. Lots of those people say dumb things and they aren't threadworthy.

Another point, there's a sticky for Trayvon Martin threads. I'll be sure to give the mods a heads up so that this can be moved into that thread.

Also, aren't you the guy who I found to be falsely accusing Obama of saying things that he didn't say and ended up apologizing to me for it? Now you accuse me of 'deflecting'?
Most lefty deflectors don't even know how to post as many words as you just did in an attempt to deflect from the topic of the thread. Prove something I said here to be wrong, even my accusation of what you were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies