Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So some guy, Rush, makes a comment and there are several threads.

Do you see the irony?
And then the repubs point out that its just one person not representative of the group. Do you see the irony?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lmao@ the video of fox blaming obama for the trayvon martin controversy.
also hahaha@ a skinny teen 'getting the best' of that 240 pound lard ass. lol some neighborhood watchman who can get man handled by a 140 pounder.
Fox News is IMO an ignorant network...

You might want to catch up with the information...

GZ is NOT 240lbs, he is 5'8" 185lbs...

Trayvon was 6'-6'2" 150-160lbs and athletic...

Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The original 911 caller JOHN who saw what was happening since it was just off his patio.
You are welcome to look it up. It's been ALL over the news in many articles as long as you don't get all your news from Bossip!
Why didn't he then help Zimmerman?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Self defense is the primary defense.

Trayvon was reported as running off.
Zimmerman was on the phone with 911 and asked for an officer to report this to.
A short time later Zimmerman is spotted with Trayvon on top beating the living hell out of him.
Not being able to back away, broken nose, cut head and reported head being banged into the ground...Zimmerman at that point figured IMO that if he passed out Trayvon would kill him the way it was going.
Zimmerman shot only once. Stopped Trayvon who died.
Self defense also based on physical evidence and witnesses before the shooting.

This right now is a political show trial.
Zimmerman pursued Martin, therefore, Zimmerman was the aggressor and any force Martin used was Martin's need for self defense. Remember, Martin had no weapon and was committing no crime.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Any guesses on how bad the riots will be down there when he's acquitted?

Which is why I don't think that will happen.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why didn't he then help Zimmerman?
"John" the witness said he stepped outside and yelled for them to stop and told them he was calling 911, then he heard the shot...

A young kid went to go help and his dog got loose, when he turned to go get his dog he heard the shot...

I wondered myself why others didn't come out of their houses to try and help (that screaming went on for a while)! After listening to the 911 tapes it sure sounded like there is a bunch of scaredy cats living there...

If I heard screaming like that I would have gone outside...

Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
That was BEFORE the 911 call to the police where he reported Trayvon and said he would wait for the police and that the suspect ran off.
Trayvon ran off after that and came back after the later 911 call.

You are going to find a Zimmerman call after the call was going on between Trayvon and his girlfriend.
If Zimmerman was waiting in/by his car and Martin approached him there, how did they both get on to the grassy area between town house blocks?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yes, a fist fight can be deadly sometimes even with the first punch. But a fist fight regardless of your being on the losing end is not prima facia cause for the use of deadly force. No matter how you weigh the height and weight measurements of either Zimmerman or Martin, they were physically pretty well matched opponents. Second Zimmerman does not display any of the markings of a man who was in the middle of a brutal beating. And finally that portion of the statute which folks seem to want to ignore doesn't provide Zimmerman justification even if he didn't throw the first punch!

For the umpteenth time:

Chapter 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1190, ch. 97-102.
Let me point out 776.041 sec 2 again.
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:
The statute does say 2. Initially uses force, it says provoke!

The State's position in regards to 776.041 sec 2 is rather straight forward establishing their contention that Zimmerman provoked the fight by his utterances and actions. He wasn't merely inquiring Martins presences, he had already tried and convicted him of some imaginary nefarious act and found himself also in the role of executioner.

Now I will be the first one to state that this isn't a slam dunk case for the prosecutor but that is more than enough for me, not that my opinion means a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.
OK, let's assume that gz provoked the use of force against himself.

If, a big IF, we also assume the state cannot refute gz's claims that tm was banging his head on the ground and grabbing for the gun, the statute you quote grants gz the right to use deadly force because he could 1. reasonably believe that he is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and 2. has no reasonable means to escape such danger.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
George on the 911 call said he was in back of the complex, that there were no numbers there to give an address for. He at that time said Trayvon ran off.
He then went back to the truck and somehow ended under Trayvon assaulting him.

There is no known history of George going after people with guns. He did have a history of tutoring black kids and helping the black community over others wrongly hurt. He was a Democrat community organizer it seems.
Wouldn't make sense that Trayvon would take Martin out of his vehicle and pull him over a half of a block to the grassy knoll between town houses.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Somehow it will be Bushes fault also
You know, until this point, in all five threads which I have thoroughly read, I never saw Bush's name. Are you trying to politicize this further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
"We do not know that Trayvon smokes weed"......Really, I bet he was holding it for a friend, right? Katiana, you are trying too hard, really.
You're right, maybe he IS smoking dope up in heaven. But just as we don't know if Zimmerman quit following Trayvon when the dispatcher told him to (which numerous people on here allege), we don't know if Trayvon smoked the weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies