Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 AM

566 posts, read 958,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Zimmerman was waiting for the police, reported to 911 that Martin ran off. Zimmerman did not drag Trayvon back.
Trayvons girlfriend stated that, while on the phone with Trayvon, Zimmerman came towards Trayvon and that Trayvon asked "What are you following me for?" and Zimmerman asked "What are you doing here?"

Someone who's simply waiting for police in one location wouldn't be asked "What are you following me for?" by someone else. Why would someone be asked "What are you following me for?" if they aren't following anyone?

Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Trayvons girlfriend stated that, while on the phone with Trayvon, Zimmerman came towards Trayvon and that Trayvon asked "What are you following me for?" and Zimmerman asked "What are you doing here?"

Someone who's simply waiting for police in one location wouldn't be asked "What are you following me for?" by someone else.
That was BEFORE the 911 call to the police where he reported Trayvon and said he would wait for the police and that the suspect ran off.
Trayvon ran off after that and came back after the later 911 call.

You are going to find a Zimmerman call after the call was going on between Trayvon and his girlfriend.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
What about the eyewitness who actually saw the "guy is the red sweater" underneath Trayvon, screaming to him (the eyewitness) for help? (we all saw in the police video that GZ had on a red & black jacket)

I agree there is evidence that we are not privy to and I would hope the state has some pretty strong evidence to support a second degree murder charge. Otherwise there is a strong possibility the judge will dimiss the case and immunize GZ from both criminal & civil prosecution.
Keep in mind that everyone who calls himself an eyewitness can say whatever he wants and change his story later on, as long as it's not said under oath. Yes, I know lying to the police is a crime in Florida, but rarely are charges filed unless you impede an investigation or file false charges against someone. It's also common for several eyewitnesses to give different accounts of the same incident. Anyway, you have no idea (and neither do I) what happened just before this man "John" saw the 2 men fighting.

I don't think anyone wants an innocent man to spend his life in prison. If the evidence supports Zimmerman, then he will be released, although I still think he should be accountable for Trayvon Martin's death, but I don't make the laws. Yes, Zimmerman is being used as a political pawn, but he made his own mess. I rarely agree with Rick Scott, but I think he made the right move when he appointed Angela Corey.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
That was BEFORE the 911 call to the police where he reported Trayvon and said he would wait for the police and that the suspect ran off.
Trayvon ran off after that and came back after the later 911 call.

You are going to find a Zimmerman call after the call was going on between Trayvon and his girlfriend.
I don't believe that at all and the prosecutor probably doesn't either, hence the 2nd degree murder charge.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:31 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
And WELL before that a hundred more years you had slavery.
The game changer away from black Republicans with 85% two parent households was the invention of social programs.
Mind you the Democrats who created that were then your current KKK, the ones hosing kids out of schools with whites and the ones putting all the abortion mills in mostly black neighborhoods to kill black children.

Republicans never left blacks, the blacks sold their souls for 30 pieces of silver to the Democrats.

You get busted families with no dad in the house and you get kids with lots of troubles, suspensions and a burglary tool in their book bag.

This will shock you, but many single mothers do a fine job of raising their children, regardless of race or any other factor. My own child won the Spelling Bee every year from 1st grade to 8th, was in classes for gifted kids, was Student Body President in high school, graduated from Knox
College, and became editor of the local paper here before joining my husband in the family business. He's about to be made manager, and will inherit the lucrative business when my husband passes. He has a fine character, has many close and loyal friends of both sexes, is witty as hell and smart as a tack. Why not save the disdain for the men who are so self-centered that they don't choose to be active fathers in their children's lives? It seems that Trayvon Martin's mother was doing well enough if Trayvon was an A-B student who participated in sports and who actually had a dream that he wanted to fulfill. She's shown tremendous grace under horrific circumstances, and deserves better than to be excoriated for being a single mother. With the divorce rate hovering just at 50%, I'd say that there are plenty of divorces in every demographic.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times
Quote:
Did you mean violent and not vibrant?
Zimmerman already reported Martin ran off, was waiting for police and while going back to his car Trayvon confronted and beat up Zimmerman.
Does sound more violent than vibrant to me.
There is no proof that Trayvon had a violent history, on the contrary GZ has the "arrest" (not tried or convicted) record of "aggression".

Personally, after listening to the 911 tapes and looking at the map of the complex, seeing that there are no street lights and it was dark, (I think) GZ proceeded to look for Trayvon and had his gun either in his hand or out of its holster and tucked in his waistband for easier access. When Trayvon confronted GZ verbally he saw that gun and jumped on GZ to disarm him and they both began fighting for control of that gun...That would explain the blood curdling scream from GZ...IMHO

Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Keep in mind that everyone who calls himself an eyewitness can say whatever he wants and change his story later on, as long as it's not said under oath.
Thing is that John was on the phone to 911 and said that night in a report who was where and so forth.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
There is no proof that Trayvon had a violent history, on the contrary GZ has the "arrest" (not tried or convicted) record of "aggression".

Personally, after listening to the 911 tapes and looking at the map of the complex, seeing that there are no street lights and it was dark, (I think) GZ proceeded to look for Trayvon and had his gun either in his hand or out of its holster and tucked in his waistband for easier access. When Trayvon confronted GZ verbally he saw that gun and jumped on GZ to disarm him and they both began fighting for control of that gun...That would explain the blood curdling scream from GZ...IMHO
That makes no sense. Put yourself in Trayvons shoe's for a bit and you'll figure out why that doesn't make sense.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:

Trayvon was into vandalizing, there was a burglary tool in his bag that caused his most recent suspension along with drugs.
There is also a post from his cousin to Trayvon where paraphrased it said, "You really hit the bus driver".

I think the defense is going to find the bus driver that got hit IMO.

You are leaving out that it was Zimmerman on the bottom with Trayvon on top beating him when the scream and so forth was going on.
It is reported the witness John screamed at Trayvon to stop assaulting George, there was no stand up gun play that you speak of and the evidence of the grass stains and cuts on Zimmerman don't match your story. There were witnesses, the ones prior to the shot are the important ones.

Trayvon's mother made like her son was an angel, she didn't mention three suspensions, gold teeth, drugs, jewelry or a burglary tool to anyone. That had to be discovered.
I think there could be a record out there and being Martin is dead and his character is an issue, any such record would be opened for this trial.

Lastly, why does anyone name their son after vons and an ashe tray?

Old 04-14-2012, 02:49 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:

If that were the case, if Martin did jump him and was attempting to take the gun from him, Zimmerman has a very good arguement for self defense. Jumping someone and trying to take posession of a firearm is sufficient reason for Zimmerman to fear for his life. Not that there is any evidence that this is what happened. If he saw a gun, why would he (per the girlfriend's report of the phone call) take the time to ask Zimmerman why he was following him, or wait for Zimmerman to ask why he was there? If he saw a gun, wouldn't he either 1) Stop being confrontational and do as asked/directed. 2) Immediatly go after the gun, rather than stop to chat, or 3) run like hell?

If they had this reported chat, Zimmerman obviously knew Martin was there. If he had the gun out as you say, and if Martin lunged at him to take the gun away, why didn't Z shoot him then? Why did he let him get close enough for a wrestling match? The fight went on for some time, based on the 911 calls. Why didn't Z just shoot earlier, rather than allowing Martin to beat him up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies