Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times

Advertisements

For Zimmerman`s sake his lawyer`s had better stay away from the topic of who`s done what in the past and who`s had dealings with the police.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We do not know that Trayvon smokes weed. In fact, he's not doing anything now; he is dead. The baggie found in his backpack, had marijuana residue. Even if he did smoke mj, he as a lot of company among 17 year olds, and people on this thread have admitted to same. He was "caught" with a screwdriver. If he was talking on the phone to his girlfriend, his demeanor (from a distance in the dark and rain), may have seemed "strange" to Zimmerman.
A screwdrive is considered a "Burglery Tool".

But I like many believe he attacked GZ and was hitting on him which makes it self defense. All it takes is 1 juror to feel the same way and right now I'd say it's 50 / 50 split.

It is a shame that young man was killed.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This is key. For all the yap about the "rash of burglaries" in the neighborhood, Trayvon was not in the act of committing one. He was on the phone, for Pete's sake!
Criminals carry cell phones also.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A screwdrive is considered a "Burglery Tool".
Just like a box cutter is considered a "concealed weapon" in some states.

Just because something may be considered a tool for crime does not make its owner automatically a criminal.

Trayvon has no criminal record. Therefore, the "he had burglary tools and jewelry" argument really holds no water, especially in a court of law. Trayvon's not on trial here, it's Martin that's on trial.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Just like a box cutter is considered a "concealed weapon" in some states.

Just because something may be considered a tool for crime does not make its owner automatically a criminal.

Trayvon has no criminal record. Therefore, the "he had burglary tools and jewelry" argument really holds no water, especially in a court of law. Trayvon's not on trial here, it's Martin that's on trial.
Lol so someone is caught with woman's jewelry and a screwdriver and it means nothing? Come on let's be a little objective here.

You're right though Trayvon is not on trial but it lends credence to what Zimmerman observed. The prosecution is saying that Zimmerman "profiled" him as a criminal. Thus his background is fair game.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
The witnesses heard two male voices arguing then screams for help, then a shot. At least one witness puts Trayvon on top of George and George as the one who was screaming for help. What I'm wondering is HOW|WHY it escalated to a physical confrontation and who started the PHYSICAL fight? As I posted earlier, I theorize that TM saw that gun and attempted to relieve GW of it. You know the old adage "Fight or Flight"...TM in his young mind might have felt the only WAY out was to get that gun away from this "thug" who had been following him. He must of thought that if he turned his back or ran, he might be shot...

We'll never know those details for the obvious reasons...unless of course there is an "ear" witness who hasn't been revealed yet that heard the entire verbal exchange...

Again just my theories and speculation...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Default NRA, Walmart, ALEC, Koch brothers responsible for death of Trayvon Martin?

I don't think that any of these groups or people can be blamed, at all, for the boy's death but here is an article about a left leaning radio personality who has blamed all of them. It gets more and more humorous as time passes to see who gets blamed for that death.

Did You Know that Republicans, the NRA, and Wal-Mart Are Responsible for the Death of Trayvon Martin? - Godfather Politics

Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,433 times
So one guy blames a bunch of things on Martin's death and it's threadworthy? Umm,

29% of the country still thinks that bigfoot exists.

29% Of Americans Believe In Bigfoot | Stranger Dimensions

I'm not sure why posting one guy's whackjob opinions on here is worthy of a thread.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
That one one guy is representative of the class warfare strategy and assignment of blame that the current administration and the media propagandists endorse and promote.

The convoluted logic is the common thread that links the site to the administration.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
So one guy blames a bunch of things on Martin's death and it's threadworthy? Umm,

29% of the country still thinks that bigfoot exists.

29% Of Americans Believe In Bigfoot | Stranger Dimensions

I'm not sure why posting one guy's whackjob opinions on here is worthy of a thread.
It seems that you failed to see how many listeners Hartman has. I don't suppose any of them is anti-NRA or anti-Walmart but then they might be and well could be if they listen to someone like him daily. You make noises about people like Rush Limbaugh but he doesn't have more than a few times as many listeners than Hartmann has.

I love how you try to deflect from this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies