Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Eyewitness, forensics/autopsy will decide this case.

I believe the affidavit does not support a 2nd degree murder charge. Maybe there is more evidence or not (they may just want to see what will stick). At any rate, we will see after the discovery process if GZ agrees to a plea.
I agree...the eyewitnesses statements may support or dispute some of the forensic evidence. The autopsy may reveal the trajectory of the bullet, how close GZ was when he fired the weapon, if GSR was present on Trayvon's hands may suggest that TM had his hands on the gun, etc.

That is of course if the medical examiner did a proper and thorough examination...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Somehow it will be Bushes fault also
Before the lefty radio personalities finish they will certainly make what you say to be how they see it.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
"We do not know that Trayvon smokes weed"......Really, I bet he was holding it for a friend, right? Katiana, you are trying too hard, really.
Hey, he was holding the jewelry for a friend, why not the weed ?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:02 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think that any of these groups or people can be blamed, at all, for the boy's death but here is an article about a left leaning radio personality who has blamed all of them. It gets more and more humorous as time passes to see who gets blamed for that death.

Did You Know that Republicans, the NRA, and Wal-Mart Are Responsible for the Death of Trayvon Martin? - Godfather Politics
Au contraire! There's a lot more possibilities!

Liberal weakness
Bill Maher Blames Trayvon Martin’s Death On Liberal Weakness On Gun Laws « CBS Tampa

Jeb Bush
Ruth: Looking for blame in the Trayvon Martin's death? Don't forget the Florida Legislature - Tampa Bay Times

Hoodies
Geraldo Rivera blames hoodie for Trayvon Martin's death

Racism backlash
Jonah Goldberg: A rush to blame Trayvon Martin

Black people
Blogger Blames Trayvon Martin's Death On Black People! | 100.3 WRNB

Floridiot's, church and guns
Floridiots, Church And Guns Are Responsible For Trayvon Martin's Death | Sad Hill News

And, of course, the inevitable from FOX…OBAMA!
Fox News Blames Obama for the Trayvon Martin Controversy

Old 04-14-2012, 10:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapplejoe View Post
Man oh man. I have now read the prosecution's "affidavit" in support of the probable cause hearing. What a complete crock of nonsense. Even Alan Dersowitch, who has never seen a liberal cause he could not support called it "unethical". The "Special Prosecutor" and her staff had weeks to come up with this all-important document and we get two pages of conjecture of "profiling" and no discussion of the confrontation and fight which is at the heart of this case. No discussion of "neighbor John" who said Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman pummeling him. No description of the EMT's report of what they found and what they did with Zimmerman at the crime scene....pathetic. This is a complete political persecution...not a prosecution.
The way I see it is that Zimmerman totally created the situation that led to the death of Martin. This makes Zimmerman liable. A civil case for sure.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The way I see it is that Zimmerman totally created the situation that led to the death of Martin. This makes Zimmerman liable. A civil case for sure.
From what I understand if the prosecutor does not have the evidence to support their 2nd degree murder charge (burden is greater for the state at a Stand Your Ground hearing) and the judge dismisses and immunizes GZ, the immunization will protect GZ from both a criminal and civil trial...

Old 04-14-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapplejoe View Post
Agreed.....but the interview with "John the neighbor" indicates that Trayvon was the agressor on top of Zimmerman beating on him....with Zimmerman calling out for help....just the facts...
Why would Zimmerman cry out for help when he knew he had a gun and used it? Does that make sense to you?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why would Zimmerman cry out for help when he knew he had a gun and used it? Does that make sense to you?
Because he was afraid Trayvon was getting the better of him in the fight for the gun...

Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
map and timeline:

Timeline of Zimmerman's 911 call.

Zimmerman stops following between 2:25 and 2:45 when told "we don't need you to do that" by dispatch. Martin's front door is only about 200 feet away. He has approached his house. After a few minutes (some minutes after Zimmerman's call ends at 4:05 (which is about 1 1/2 minutes after he stopped following) based on the other 911 calls) Martin leaves the area of his house (where he was staying actually) at D, goes some 200 feet and approaches Zimmerman.

These are the facts as best I know, and the only map I have seen that actually shows the locations involved. Do you have any more info that I might not have seen? If so, I'd like to see it. I'm open minded and try to form an opinion based on facts and evidence. I was pretty unsympathetic to Zimmerman until seeing the timeline, the sat image and the distances involved. After learning that the shooting took place only 210 feet (per another poster) from Martin's house, the previous 911 tapes seem to make a lot more sense. It isn't clear who started the physical confrontation. However...given that some minutes passed, and that when the 911 call was going on Martin only 200 feet from where he was staying, it's clear he wasn't running to his house to hide. He would have covered that 200 feet in seconds, not minutes. If he was trying to escape Zimmerman...why didn't he simply walk into the house? Why did he go back to where Zimmerman was waiting for the police?

None of this proves the shooting was rightous. That will be up to the eye witness, forensics evidence...and the jury. I'm not convinced of anything at this point. But there certainly is lots of reasonable doubt without more evidence.

I'm pretty convinced that Zimmerman isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He apparently had quite a conversation with the PD based on news reports. One thing that every CCW class that I have taken stresses is that if you do shoot, you only say two things to the police.

1) I was in fear for my life
2) I'll be happy to talk with you after I talk with my lawyer.

We can expect any CCW training he has taken to be examined during the trial.

One thing from you post convinces me that Trayvon was scared and did try to run home;

Quote:
2:45 – He ran… Zimmerman stops and completes the 911 call.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
lmao@ the video of fox blaming obama for the trayvon martin controversy.
also hahaha@ a skinny teen 'getting the best' of that 240 pound lard ass. lol some neighborhood watchman who can get man handled by a 140 pounder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies