Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The State Prosecuter obviously knows a lot more than we do, which enabled her to decide on the charges that she brought.
And all she'll need to do is convince 12 people. That will be hard to do.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And all she'll need to do is convince 12 people. That will be hard to do.
Six in Florida.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,424 times
Quote:
Some people have visions of "007 License to Kill" fantasy come true, which is why this legislation is so ambiguous ansd dangerous.

I for one, am very happy for Trayvon's parents. His mother said that she might finally get some peace in her heart. That is what most of us empathize with...a mother and father knowing that the son they loved is aknowledged as a person that had rights and not just some nameless victim to be swept under the rug.

Zimmerman should also look forward to coming out in the open with his defense. If he stands by his claims, it should be a relief for him to state so and be tried by a jury as opposed to being tired and judged in the court of public opinion. This is justice served and everyone should be glad that this is going through the due process of law.
Very well said! So very sad for Trayvon's mom, dad and all who love him...

Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Its always hard, but few murders have no dispute as to who did it, what weapon was used, and what weapons did the victim have. Fewer have the defendent making a new version up every 12 hours for weeks-publicly. No doubt, the state will have the distance the shot was fired from. In short, the state will have less to fight off than usual, with so many usual unknowns as established facts.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Some people have visions of "007 License to Kill" fantasy come true, which is why this legislation is so ambiguous ansd dangerous.

I for one, am very happy for Trayvon's parents. His mother said that she might finally get some peace in her heart. That is what most of us empathize with...a mother and father knowing that the son they loved is aknowledged as a person that had rights and not just some nameless victim to be swept under the rug.

Zimmerman should also look forward to coming out in the open with his defense. If he stands by his claims, it should be a relief for him to state so and be tried by a jury as opposed to being tired and judged in the court of public opinion. This is justice served and everyone should be glad that this is going through the due process of law.
Best post of the day.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,424 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Best post of the day.
I second that

Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
One doesn't have to have blood drawn by their attacker before they use lethal force.
Yes, but you said bloody pulp. One would think that would indicate blood, don't you think?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
ChocLot"#2-Zimmerman was not beaten to a bloody pulp. I think that claim has been effectively squashed"

Did you not see his boo boo 36 minutes after he murdered Martin?
Barely. They must have used one of those invisible Band-Aids to treat him.

Last edited by ChocLot; 04-11-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
I know. The reality is I've had to remind myself how serious this is, how tragic a 17 year old kid was killed for carrying Skittles, and walking where a Dirty Harry wannabe did not want to see him.
The reason a reminder is needed is a fiction writer could not make the insane things the GZ team has said seem credible at all. The Twinkies defense seems far less off the wall.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,426,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And there is no proof he wasn't. None at all.
And there is no proof that George Zimmerman didn't call the police as a ruse, because he had already planned to murder Trayvon Martin when he saw him walking down the street. "I'm so scared of this suspicious black man walking down the street who is carrying a weapon so please come help me right away". **BANG - BANG** and claim self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies