Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
BTW, there is NO proof that Zimmerman turned back towards his car and was attacked from behind. None at all.
And there is no proof he wasn't. None at all.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
Quote:
Who cases homes after night falls? In the rain? Wouldn't it make more sense to do this during the day when people are less likely to be home?

Based on how you think criminals operate, don't ever consider a life of crime. You'd be caught in 10 seconds flat.
Good point. Maybe casing homes at night is the way the OP handled it...which is why he stunk at it.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
SYG just says he does not have to retreat if attacked. He will still have a Self Defense clain.

SYG and Self Defense are 2 seperate issues.
I think he'll still use SYG, that way his case can be heard by a judge who will determine if the case can go forward to trial. The state has only been successful 19 out of 130 times SYG has been used as a defense.

'Stand your ground' law protects those who go far beyond that point - Tampa Bay Times

The newspaper also lists 11 cases using SYG that they claim are similar to this case, no convictions and 3 are currently pending.

Florida stand your ground Law Database | Tampa Bay Times

Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Good point. Maybe casing homes at night is the way the OP handled it...which is why he stunk at it.
I can always tell when Ed has no defense to my rebuttal to his outlandish claims. He ignores the post.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
What is interesting is that Zimmerman says Trayvon was acting suspicious. Did it ever occur to him (or some of you all) that it may have seemed that way because Trayvon was *nervous* about some strange guy watching him??!!

BTW, there is NO proof that Zimmerman turned back towards his car and was attacked from behind. None at all.
It occurred to me I said previously his fight or flight response may have kicked in. That's why I believe he struck him. Once he struck him, Zimmerman has a right to defend himself. Just because he followed him initially doesn't mean Martin can beat him to bloody pulp without Zimmerman fighting back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And there is no proof he wasn't. None at all.
Agreed; which is why I don't make a claim in either direction. That's what rational people do when they don't know all the facts. They don't just make up what sounds best.

13,887 posts, read 13,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarda View Post
i actually believe he was casing homes to burglarize later in the week. I go by that based on zimmerman's characterization of him and him previously being caught with burglary tools.

We'll see how this plays out.
+100

Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,036 times
Quote:
Was just watching the news and the reporter said that Zimmerman was being processed and evaluated to see if he would go into GP. I hope Florida's jail system isn't that inept!
They are!! ...We've witnessed the ineptness of the Sanford Police Department, why would the jail be any different...Lots of ineptness floating around in the Sunshine State

Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It occurred to me I said previously his fight or flight response may have kicked in. That's why I believe he struck him. Once he struck him, Zimmerman has a right to defend himself. Just because he followed him initially doesn't mean Martin can beat him to bloody pulp without Zimmerman fighting back.
#1-Fight or flight does not necessarily equal Trayvon hitting Zimmerman first. He very well could have. But only a fool would claim to know what happened.

#2-Zimmerman was not beaten to a bloody pulp. I think that claim has been effectively squashed.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I can always tell when Ed has no defense to my rebuttal to his outlandish claims. He ignores the post.
Actually I missed your comment. We're not talking about a criminal mastermind here, he was already suspended 3 times in a year. He seemed to get caught quite frequently.

He goes to the store. First time getting the lay of the land and he notices the homes are pretty nice on the way back and starts peering into homes. He's from Miami it's not like rain would be a foreign concept to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies