Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 03:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
President Obama and AG Holder have further divided the country on race. How is his opinion racist? He was speaking about a certain segment of Blacks "urban youth". Even if he is racist does that affect his duties?

Scary country we are living in when only one form of thought is allowed in the public sphere.
Yikes! If you read his comments and don't think they're racist, you cannot be Black or you live in denial. I'm White and definitely not a bleeding heart, but if it walks like a duck...you know the rest.

Capt. Brian Beckmann’s post, published for the public Friday by the website theGrio.com, lambasts the prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case and suggests “urban youth” are the products of “failed, sh*tbag, ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents.”

I never saw his Facebook Page, so I do not know if this was taken out of context. However, these comments regarding the Martin family are hateful and inexcusable.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I was just watching a new video on MSNBC where it shows a young black kid( in a hoodie, no less) who wants to steal a scooter at gunpoint.
It was strange to watch. The kid was obviously not the brightest bulb, he came across as pretty much a moron. Maybe he was high in drugs, but he was stupid. But even after pulling a handgun he looked to me to not want to use it. The guy who was trying to stop him was also basically stupid, for a few reasons. He tried to wrestle the gun away from the kid and could easily have been shot. The smart thing to do would be to just stand back or even run away. But he was also armed, he had a gun in his pocket. He had opportunities to shoot the kid and didn't. Then he gets shot in the leg, fortunately it was a .22 by the looks of the gun. Getting shot in the leg is still serious, you can bleed out from a femoral artery hit. A Kentucky rowdy( also a wanted felon) celebrating their BB win lost his foot when shot in an altercation. Getting shot anywhere is attempted murder, IMO. Criminals have to learn to understand that.
So the guy limps around and the stupid hoodie thug still tries to start the scooter but can't. An old guy who ran off at the first threat was the owner. After the hoodie thug gives up the shirtless guy pulls his gun and fires several shots at the fleeing thug. He missed.

So what if the guy had connected with a shot and took down the hoodie thug? His life wasn't in danger( possibly) but he had been shot. I'd say he'd be justified. I'd have shot the thug if given the opportunity and put a few rounds into him just to make sure he went down and stayed down. But I'd have run away if I could, let the fool have the bike, assuming he was smart enough to get it started. I also might have taken some shots at him as he left if I thought I could hit him. That would be a public service, this kid does not belong walking around loose. Putting him in jail is preferable to killing him, but you'll be doing society a favor either way.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No, I am not rude...I just don't give respect to trolls. I give them a piece of my mind and then place them on ignore.
You have the mistaken notion so many have that if someone doesn't agree, they are automatically a troll.

FAIL!

Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Just because Zimmerman said Trayvon said that doesn't make it the truth.

Unfortunately, we won't get Trayvon's side of what was said and what wasn't said, will we?
There was no toxicology done on the killer - only the victim.
Yes, it is. Please tell your evil racist friends to stop it.
Agreed, what GZ says at best can show state of mind being so close to the time of the event in reports.
Testimony of witnesses put GZ under Trayvon with a broken bone getting a beating.

Trayvon may have caused his own end, we don't know that either.

IMO, they should have done a toxicology on GZ as well in any case where there is a death there should be one and if there wasn't one done on him because of current laws, there should be a law change.

If this was one of the typical 95% black on black deaths in America there would have been no Presidential comments about the assailant or the victim looking like a son of his, no Al Sharpton, Jackson or the jerks the New BLACK Panther poops. They are are ALL RACISTS.

Even the press was pushing a white angle on this case and in magazines they lightened GZ's skin color to make him look white.

The whole thing is RACIAL and POLITICAL at this point.

IMO there was not enough to go to trial even if not for people wanting to make their political bones and to appease possible rioting crowds.

But even the potential rioting crowds have been stirred up by the racist BLACK leadership. It's weak, real weak IMO.

Last edited by RCCCB; 04-15-2012 at 05:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittzStar View Post
Ever wonder when the officer on the phone told GZ "we don't need you to do that" why GZ continued? Former governor Jeb Bush got it right.
Did you ever wonder why you think he did continue to follow? Apparently, you either forgot or never understood in the first place that Zimmerman LOST SIGHT of Martin and was looking for an address to give the dispatcher.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Actually justNancy, the thirteen also said he saw the fight at first and the guy in the red jacket on the bottom.
Was the 13 year old black? Well maybe the mob got to the kid. Sharpton, Jackson and maybe his own parent tainted the testimony to keep their kid out of it.
With the 13 year olds luck and his original testimony, the New Black Panthers could have put a dead or alive wanted poster on the kid as well. Parents might have helped the kid muddy up what he saw for good reasons then.
He is definitely of some African ancestry but appears mixed. The one interview I saw of him he seemed to be coached. I'm sure his mother doesn't want him saying anything that goes against Sharpton.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
If Zimmerman's last name was Lopez he would be walking free.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yikes! If you read his comments and don't think they're racist, you cannot be Black or you live in denial. I'm White and definitely not a bleeding heart, but if it walks like a duck...you know the rest.

Capt. Brian Beckmann’s post, published for the public Friday by the website theGrio.com, lambasts the prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case and suggests “urban youth” are the products of “failed, sh*tbag, ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents.”

I never saw his Facebook Page, so I do not know if this was taken out of context. However, these comments regarding the Martin family are hateful and inexcusable.
I lived and went to school with the people he is describing while there were some good parents there were more than a few as he described.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Exactly, based on the police report Zimmerman claims that Trayvon went for his holstered gun. I'm fine getting into a physical confrontation with someone and I can take a good old fashioned ass whooping with the best of them but when someone takes it to the next level I'll end the fight really quick.

If I put myself into Zimmerman's shoes I would have done the exact same thing (assuming that his story is true) except I wouldn't have fired 3 shots, not 1.

That being said, I would never agree to volunteer to patrol a community like that because of the increased chance of me getting into a situation where I might need to defend myself.
Some people in areas IMO are going to be more confrontational IMO since some find themselves in prison 600% more of the time.
You have to be careful.

This was GZ's home being patrolled.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I was just watching a new video on MSNBC where it shows a young black kid( in a hoodie, no less) who wants to steal a scooter at gunpoint.
It was strange to watch. The kid was obviously not the brightest bulb, he came across as pretty much a moron. Maybe he was high in drugs, but he was stupid. But even after pulling a handgun he looked to me to not want to use it. The guy who was trying to stop him was also basically stupid, for a few reasons. He tried to wrestle the gun away from the kid and could easily have been shot. The smart thing to do would be to just stand back or even run away. But he was also armed, he had a gun in his pocket. He had opportunities to shoot the kid and didn't. Then he gets shot in the leg, fortunately it was a .22 by the looks of the gun. Getting shot in the leg is still serious, you can bleed out from a femoral artery hit. A Kentucky rowdy( also a wanted felon) celebrating their BB win lost his foot when shot in an altercation. Getting shot anywhere is attempted murder, IMO. Criminals have to learn to understand that.
So the guy limps around and the stupid hoodie thug still tries to start the scooter but can't. An old guy who ran off at the first threat was the owner. After the hoodie thug gives up the shirtless guy pulls his gun and fires several shots at the fleeing thug. He missed.

So what if the guy had connected with a shot and took down the hoodie thug? His life wasn't in danger( possibly) but he had been shot. I'd say he'd be justified. I'd have shot the thug if given the opportunity and put a few rounds into him just to make sure he went down and stayed down. But I'd have run away if I could, let the fool have the bike, assuming he was smart enough to get it started. I also might have taken some shots at him as he left if I thought I could hit him. That would be a public service, this kid does not belong walking around loose. Putting him in jail is preferable to killing him, but you'll be doing society a favor either way.
If you are watching MSNBC on Sunday, you are probably watching a show about criminals. So what's your point?

I'm just curious. You keep mentioning "hoodie thug." Is this now a euphemism for something else? I currently live in a very upscale neighborhood near the Gulf of Mexico. When I drove to the store yesterday, I passed by 3 teenagers (White) walking down the street. One of them was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. Is he also a "hoodie thug?" Or are teenagers who wear hoodies only thugs when they're not living in large estate homes with private tennis courts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies