Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 PM

957 posts, read 758,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
So that is why he ran away and then came back?
Huh, wait a minute...
Who said he came back, You?

Old 04-15-2012, 05:11 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Trayvon was doing some kind of drug with the pipe, had someone else's jewelery, a burglary tool and was defacing school property. This is not the sign of a mentally well adjusted kid.
What pipe? Okay, the teenager was not the model student. But a stranger stopped his heart by not staying put and just calling 911. TM might just be the sacrificial lamb that will prevent Zimmerman from hurting others in the future. Even if he walks, this incident will neuter him as far as being given any authority or ever taken sreiously as a responsible upstanding citizen. Where are Zimmerman's school records to prove justy how ideal a student he was? From his work and personal history, he sounds like a misfit.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Some people in areas IMO are going to be more confrontational IMO since some find themselves in prison 600% more of the time.
You have to be careful.

This was GZ's home being patrolled.
Trayvon was never in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If you are watching MSNBC on Sunday, you are probably watching a show about criminals. So what's your point?

I'm just curious. You keep mentioning "hoodie thug." Is this now a euphemism for something else? I currently live in a very upscale neighborhood near the Gulf of Mexico. When I drove to the store yesterday, I passed by 3 teenagers (White) walking down the street. One of them was wearing a hooded sweatshirt. Is he also a "hoodie thug?" Or are teenagers who wear hoodies only thugs when they're not living in large estate homes with private tennis courts?
When we went out to dinner Friday night, we passed a white guy (looked like a teen) walking down the street wearing a white hoodie with the hood up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nope, never wondered that once... but then again I know that the 911 dispatcher isn't an officer and has no power to tell people to do or not do anything. They also can't tell someone not to defend themselves from a threat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The dispatcher was not an officer. "We dont need" is not the same as "do not"
You two don't know this. As has been posted in the past, it's entirely possible that the dispatcher was a police officer on desk duty. Not to mention, whoever the dispatcher was, he was an employee of the police department and trained to handle these kind of calls.

Quote:
Yes, which goes to state of mind. Why call the police?
Where was TM after GZ was on the phone with police and he said TM ran off? If TM was there we would have heard him in the background saying something.

So next we have GZ on his back getting his head kicked in.
No gun was drawn before that...
I see you were there.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:23 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Q: What do O J Simpson, Casey Anthony, Jerry Sandusky and George Zimmerman have in common?

A: They will all be tried (or in the case of Simpson, have been tried) in the Court of Public Opinion. Whether they will all get their just desserts in the long run remains to be determined.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM

21 posts, read 14,160 times
Two people involved here....GZ and Trayon...both had cell phones...one chose to call the police the other did not. Geez, I wonder which one was innocent and which one was up to no good...

Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Oh God, don't go pointing out things that actually happened again.
You know what happened?

Quote:
One hot head might have jumped a person walking back to the care, and when they saw the situation was bleak and they felt their life was about to be taken, they shot to save their own life.

Typically you don't call for cops to come when you are going to go all hot head and try and shoot someone.
Quit rationalizing for Zimmerman.

Quote:
They are out there, read a few papers and catch up if you are intersted in the facts surrounding this case.
You said it, you provide the link. That's CD etiquette (such as it is).

Old 04-15-2012, 05:32 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
"Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the attorney general reports to me, so I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.
But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together – federal, state and local – to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
So I’m glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what’s taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means examining the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."
Amen. I dislike Obama's overall record, but he showed tremendous restraint commenting on this case. And yes, it is a case which does yearn for soul searching. No matter ones ethnic persuasion, this could have been anyones 17 year old, armed with just candy and a soft drink, walking along any road. Roads are PUBLIC by nature; no one does NOT belong. Your property rights stop where your property line ends.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What pipe? [snip].
When he had the weed baggie, he also had a pipe. I don't now if he admitted they were his, said he didn't know how he got them, or what.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
One hot head might have jumped a person walking back to the care, and when they saw the situation was bleak and they felt their life was about to be taken, they shot to save their own life.

Typically you don't call for cops to come when you are going to go all hot head and try and shoot someone.
Yep, I am leaning to Zimmermen just being an idiot.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:18 PM

96 posts, read 81,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have not seen anyone call it illegal, although it was downright stupid. Let's face it...most people would tell their teenager that if someone they do not recognize or has not identified themselves is folowing them, do whatever it takes to get away and not let the person get close enough to accost them in any way. If the person does get close do what you have to do protect yourself. Zimmerman could have been a serial killer for all TM knew.

Yea, meanwhile level headed TM decided to walk toward GZ to confront him (as reported from the 911 call)...........guess someone wasn't listening very well and look what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies