Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 04:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You got a link to all these claims?
They are out there, read a few papers and catch up if you are intersted in the facts surrounding this case.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There has been 3-4 lawyers. Two were probably consulted and it was such a big case they tried to forcibly stay on looking to be the next Gloria Alred maybe.
No, no, no! Why, when you can't answer a question, do you need to respond with garbage like this?

The post you wrote specifically referred to the lawyer who said he knew Zimmerman had a broken nose. Then you referred to his father. Both of them had not seen George Zimmerman since the shooting on Feb 26. When I pointed his out, you came back with a response that did not address my statement which, by the way, is a fact. Both attorneys who said they represented Zimmerman (before O'Mara took the case) said they only talked to him on the phone and never met him in person. They didn't even know where he was.

His new attorney, Mark O'Mara, has never commented on Zimmerman's injuries at all.
Quote:
They are out there, read a few papers and catch up if you are intersted in the facts surrounding this case.
Facts or internet rumors?

Old 04-15-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Who's debating the legality of it? Although at some point following someone does become harassment.

Zimmerman does have a history that would lend one to believe that he was a "hothead", but Trayvon Martin doesn't seem to have a violent history. .
Trayvon was doing some kind of drug with the pipe, had someone else's jewelery, a burglary tool and was defacing school property. This is not the sign of a mentally well adjusted kid.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You got a link to all these claims?
Oh and yeah, if you start at the beginning of these posts and read through them, the links were all posted in this thread.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:57 PM

957 posts, read 758,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
I guess while everyone else is assuming I would say TM had no respect. Didn't he get in trouble at school with graffati (no respectful of school property) Was found with marj. pipe and bag (no respect for Fl. law)
suspended for trauncy (no respect for school policies) it can go on and on.

Why would anyone think differently that he would respect anybody, including that evening. I think I am beginning to see why we have all the 5 yr. old little boy photo's.
Your description sounds much like that of our 43rd POTUS

Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Pretty much everyone on this thread.
I have not seen anyone call it illegal, although it was downright stupid. Let's face it...most people would tell their teenager that if someone they do not recognize or has not identified themselves is folowing them, do whatever it takes to get away and not let the person get close enough to accost them in any way. If the person does get close do what you have to do protect yourself. Zimmerman could have been a serial killer for all TM knew.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM

957 posts, read 758,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have not seen anyone call it illegal, although it was downright stupid. Let's face it...most people would tell their teenager that if someone they do not recognize or has not identified themselves is folowing them, do whatever it takes to get away and not let the person get close enough to accost them in any way. If the person does get close do what you have to do protect yourself. Zimmerman could have been a serial killer for all TM knew.
Looking at his mugshot, that would be my first thought.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, no, no! Why, when you can't answer a question, do you need to respond with garbage like this?

The post you wrote specifically referred to the lawyer who said he knew Zimmerman had a broken nose. Then you referred to his father. Both of them had not seen George Zimmerman since the shooting on Feb 26. When I pointed his out, you came back with a response that did not address my statement which, by the way, is a fact. Both attorneys who said they represented Zimmerman (before O'Mara took the case) said they only talked to him on the phone and never met him in person. They didn't even know where he was.

His new attorney, Mark O'Mara, has never commented on Zimmerman's injuries at all. Facts or internet rumors?
Appearing on NBC's TODAY on Thursday, Zimmerman's attorney Craig Sonner described the video as "very grainy." He also pointed out that Zimmerman had been "cleaned-up" and received first aid in the four hours between the incident and Zimmerman's videotaped arrival at the police station.
Sonner has previously said that his client suffered a broken nose and a gash to his head during the altercation.

I don't know which of the 3-4 this Sonner is.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Looking at his mugshot, that would be my first thought.
So that is why he ran away and then came back?
Huh, wait a minute...

Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapplejoe View Post
Exactly who the heck calls the police, gives his location and then goes out and hunts down the suspect/person being discussed and blows him away.....it makes no sense unless something brutal and life threatening happened to GM in those intervening minutes...those minutes that Trayvon could have used to go "home" to his father's girlfriend's empty condo....this is nothing more than a politically motivated lynching of GZ.....
Determining Zimmerman's motives is not necessary.

Quote:
GZ's lawyer and father said so.
Would be a BIG mistake to bring that up if it weren't the case.

You also see the head injuries to the back of the head in the modified videos and Paramedics did clean GZ up.

You have GZ on his back defending when the gun was used.

Hey, if you want to make believe TM was riding three wheeled bike, was the 12 year old in the photos and that he could not have possibly been involved because he was this angel, then do so.
That first lawyer quit. GZ's father may have been parroting what the lawyer said w/o knowing any better. He wasn't at the scene.

"Modified" being the key word, sort of like youtube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies