Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM

96 posts, read 81,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
People that disagree with him. If you drink Coke instead of Pepsi you are a racist.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Assume the same circumstances except both antagonists were black. Do you think anyone, outside the Martin family, would be raising the issue of the black shooter's freedom? Now ask who is racist.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
People that disagree with him. If you drink Coke instead of Pepsi you are a racist.

Great Point! It's central to what the Crips/Bloods insanity is all about; the manipulation of people kept on the fringes of an economically-functinal society by lack of opportunity ... until the "gangsta" culture dangles what appears to be an easy way up (at the time) in front of them.

This is, unfortunately, a problem only the people on one side of the "shade of difference" can address.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-15-2012 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 02:50 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times
I still theorize that the life & death struggle was over control of that gun. I believe with what I've heard so far, that GZ was in fear for his life not so much because of the beating, but because he was losing control over that weapon that could be used against him...I would say the same if Trayvon shot and killed GZ...

One thing is clear IMO the fateful decisions that both GZ & TM made that night ended tragically...

Edit: In my opinion Trayvon Martin was also in fear for his life...

Last edited by tiluha; 04-15-2012 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM

96 posts, read 81,738 times
Quote:
Assume the same circumstances except both antagonists were black. Do you think anyone, outside the Martin family, would be raising the issue of the black shooter's freedom? Now ask who is racist.
Good point............Than do you think there would still be threats to the shooter from the black panthers if they were both black?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:07 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,787,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, brother.

Zimmerman acted as judge, jury, and executioner and there are a number of posters here who are convinced that Trayvon was up to no good, even though there is absolutely no proof of it, and that he got what he deserved, and you're going to tell ME to "GROW UP AND WAIT!!"

What's the matter? Did you run out of new birther material to post?

Maybe you could post an update on snowmobiling Jesus.

I, at least, have said many times that there are a few minutes where NONE of us know what happened. There are plenty of others who won't even concede to that - they are just convinced that Trayvon was the attacker and that everything Zimmerman has said is the truth.

Oh, crap. I must be losing my mind! I'm defending myself to someone who thinks he saw Jesus riding a snowmobile.
WHY DO YOU LIE??? I never ever said I saw......... How did that snowmachine go 80 miles by itself. Do you know what Ice pressure ridges are?

when they are 30 feet tall - IT IS 100% impossible for any machine to ride along on top of them for 20 miles.. there are however - 5 witness' that will say what they saw.. the tracks...........everyone agrees - that is impossible.

how did that machine do that ??? You can't explain that!!

I like how you people CHANGE the simple sentences of what I wrote and insert your own fabricated version.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Good point............Than do you think there would still be threats to the shooter from the black panthers if they were both black?
Highly unlikely. Would not see Al shooting off his mouth either.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Miami-Dade firefighter under investigation for Trayvon Martin Facebook rant

Read more here: Miami-Dade firefighter under investigation for Trayvon Martin Facebook rant - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/15/2750666/miami-dade-firefighter-under-investigation.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

The Black activists don't like free speech apparently.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Well, another "prominent outsider" has been heard from:

[URL="http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/cosby-george-zimmerman-guns-not-race-real-issue-184628189.html"]Bill Cosby on George Zimmerman: Guns, not race, real issue in Trayvon Martin case | The Cutline - Yahoo! News[/URL]

I don't waste my time following celebrities, but I read enough to know that Mr. Cosby has incurred a lot of wrath from the hot-heads among the New Black Panthers and other examples of the "new urban militancy" to occasionally become a target for their scorn.

Why? -- Because he advocates rational behavior, foresight. and common respect. The side issuues like gun posession are window dressing at this point.
I agree that dwelling on the race of the 2 people involved solves nothing. However, I find it interesting that you mentioned the New Black Panthers, a hate group. That would be as if I (a White person) said "even the KKK believes that..."

Who cares what criminals like the New Black Panthers say?

Why not refer to prominent professors like Michael Eric Dyson who wrote a book a few years ago saying that Cosby is out of touch with reality because his comments often "betray classist, elitist viewpoints rooted in generational warfare,"

By the way, I do agree with Cosby this time.

"We, in this country, have got to continue to be out there in the streets about the gun,” he said. “I'm not saying you can't have it in your homes to protect yourself, because people on drugs really don't care…. But I also believe that when you tell me that you're going to protect the neighborhood that I live in, I don't want you to have a gun. I want you to be able to see something, report it, and get out of the way, because you happen to be a part of the neighborhood. I don't want you to get hurt. And I don't want you to hurt anyone.”

Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Miami-Dade firefighter under investigation for Trayvon Martin Facebook rant

Read more here: Miami-Dade firefighter under investigation for Trayvon Martin Facebook rant - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/15/2750666/miami-dade-firefighter-under-investigation.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

The Black activists don't like free speech apparently.
A prime example of why it is better to post on forums like these in anonymity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies