Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If Zimmerman were black, I would feel the same way, you are incorrect. If your unarmed son, who has no history of violence was killed on his way back from the store, would you brush it off and simply accept the police explanation because the guy who killed him (and has every reason to lie) said it was in self-defense, after he left his vehicle with a loaded gun in his holster to follow your son?
I totally agree. Martin was actually the one who was threatened and pursued. Martin was defending himself and the law of "standing your ground" should actually apply to Martin, not Zimmerman.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:07 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If Zimmerman were black, I would feel the same way, you are incorrect. If your unarmed son, who has no history of violence was killed on his way back from the store, would you brush it off and simply accept the police explanation because the guy who killed him (and has every reason to lie) said it was in self-defense, after he left his vehicle with a loaded gun in his holster to follow your son?
Defenders of Zimmerman won't answer this question. They know that they would raise hell to get justice for their child. [MOD CUT]

Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,220,933 times
Default 2nd degree murder!

I was driving home from work when the announcement came. Then my cell phone rang. It was my 80 YO mom.... "Hello" "Well I guess George Zimmerman won't have to worry about going out on neighborhood watch for a while." Then she proceeded to tell me how much class Trayvon's parents have shown.

It will be interesting from here on out- Wonder where will the trial take place?

And his new attorney- waaaay over his head. He just cut his CNN interview short. Okay, and I am going to say it- a speech impediment (maybe hearing issue, I don't know)? It's too distracting.

Prediction- there will be some bigger guns brought in for legal and public image-control reasons.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 04-11-2012 at 05:33 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
Folks, you can speculate all you want. But, none of you know more than the other about this case. You weren't there and I highly doubt that any here are working with the police or the Special Prosecutor.

With that in mind, please be respectful and play nice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Will there ever be a full investigation into the Sanford police dept's inept handling of this event?

Charges now being laid indicates that they allowed too much latitude or misread the scene of the event entirely so I would hope someone makes a point of ensuring they don't make a habit of this stuff.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM

136 posts, read 85,630 times
Let the railroading of an innocent man begin,must make sure they bow down to sharpton the black panther's and jesse jackass. I hope zimmerman is found not guilty on all charges and then sues the city,the black panthers,sharpton and everyone else involved.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I totally agree. Martin was actually the one who was threatened and pursued. Martin was defending himself and the law of "standing your ground" should actually apply to Martin, not Zimmerman.
Following someone in your own neighborhood is NOT against the law. Asking someone what they are doing in your neighborhood is NOT against the law. Being insulted or intimidated or belittled or aggravated by being followed and asked those questions AND throwing the FIRST punch is against the law. If Martin made the FIRST physical contact, then stand your ground will affect this case. Hopefully, the evidence and the jury will determine the outcome of the case and not the emotional wishes of the public

Old 04-11-2012, 05:17 PM

43 posts, read 37,782 times
I am so elated that zimmerman will now face the music. He killed that child in cold blood. He was smart to stay in hiding. People everywhere (except the ones that have no plans of living in heaven with minorities, of course) knows Trayvon Martin could have been their son or child. FRY zimmerman's a$$.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Oh Please.....stand your ground means you have to fear your life is in danger or you are about to suffer great bodily harm. Following someone does not meet the standard. If Zimmerman was the first physical agressor then he has a good chance of being found guilty of some charge. If Martin was the first physical agressor then Zimmerman has a good chance of walking.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Let the railroading of an innocent man begin,must make sure they bow down to sharpton the black panther's and jesse jackass. I hope zimmerman is found not guilty on all charges and then sues the city,the black panthers,sharpton and everyone else involved.
The FBI did the investigation. Doubtful that the charges that have been brought against Zimmerman are born of ineptitude or inexperience. They obviously uncovered enough incrimnating evidence to warrant an arrest. Zimmrman will be given a trilal by jury. How could you possibly make such an asinine statement such as this when taking all of this into consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies