Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,412,426 times

Advertisements

^ lol yeah good luck with that bro.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
If black people annoy or offend you, avoid and ignore them. You've already said that whites generally seem to accept you more and treat you better, get in where you fit in and stop being a baby. No matter what skin color you are, where you look like, and where you live there will ALWAYS be people trying to tear you down and hate on you, that's life.

Also, yes there are alot of ignorant black folks that don't accept anything that's white and expect other blacks to do the same, and get buthurt when your not as lame an controlled by the rest of society as them. The good old "I love comedy but I only watch Tyler Perry movies and Robin Williams and Jim Carey are not as funny as (Insert unknown lame black comic here)" I grew up with alot of these people. Most of them are from the hood an were raised by grandparents or parents that were raised by grandparents so it's been pounded into there heads that whites are pure evil and accepting anything white or refusal to defend everything black makes you a sellout.

Theres also alot of ignorant white folks that are the same exact thing. The good ole "I hate all rap, all rap is retarded and only idiots listen to and make rap music, except for Eminem and Paul Wall, they are the greatest rappers of all time." Most of these people were raised by racists in all white suburbs and are just ignorant, ive met quite a few from the ghetto however who despise everything black culture even down to soul food because they were exposed to only the poorest, most violent and racist segment of the black population.

If you don't fit into any of these ignorant pathetic crowds just ignore both of them.

I've found ironically enough that whites are far more accepting of Blacks who don't act stereotypically Black. I still talk "Black" in diction so I don't catch any heat from other Blacks. However the Blacks I know who speak stereotypically "white", catch hell from other Blacks. Even as adults.

I also find the one drop rule stupid and an affront to people of African descent.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Amazing how so many of you are encouraging the OP at every turn. Just call it what it is...a cry for attention.

Seriously, do any of you REALLY give a damn how he/she wants to identify anymore than you care what flavor Kool-Aid he likes?

Amazing how times have changed. Now we have white folks telling black people that they don't have to be black if they don't want to be. LMAO... I'm so happy that we now have your permission to identify as we choose.

What next? Are white folks gonna offer "race changing" operations in Colorado next to the sex change clinic at taxpayer expense?

I can't stop laughing at the thought. This thread is truly amazing even by the standards of the normal "amazing" threads. (Seriously, i'm laughing my ass off right now)
Maybe it's a cue for you to change with the times as well. Get off the plantation, it's ok.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,735 times
Going by your definition, 90% of the "black" people in this country can't be considered black.

In the United States of America, historically, the term black or african american has been used to define any person of African descent. It is not used to define people of pure african descent exclusively anymore. Otherwise, the census would read the black population as 3% while "Other" increase by including about 12% more of the population. Maybe you should just focus on defining yourself as American because you can't change what someone else wants to see you as.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,171,429 times
Quote:
Amazing how so many of you are encouraging the OP at every turn. Just call it what it is...a cry for attention.

Seriously, do any of you REALLY give a damn how he/she wants to identify anymore than you care what flavor Kool-Aid he likes?

Amazing how times have changed. Now we have white folks telling black people that they don't have to be black if they don't want to be. LMAO... I'm so happy that we now have your permission to identify as we choose.

What next? Are white folks gonna offer "race changing" operations in Colorado next to the sex change clinic at taxpayer expense?

I can't stop laughing at the thought. This thread is truly amazing even by the standards of the normal "amazing" threads. (Seriously, i'm laughing my ass off right now)
Maybe you should see that therapist that was suggested.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:

What flavor dip do you want to go with that gigantic chip on your shoulder?

I would say the same to anyone regardless of their race or heritage. But leave it to some of the same ones, over and over, to mock the white people here. You do it constantly and frankly I'm tired of it. Get over your butthurt, stop reading in to every little thing as a "whites telling us what to do" thing. The race card is OVER played, it's done, find another one.

We are not your Lords and Masters so stop acting like we are, "Oh, LOL, the whities give us permission, oh ho ho..." seriously, the second you stop acting like that, is the second you'll stop feeling the need to react the way you do....post after post after post after post after post....

Old 04-12-2012, 02:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,412,426 times
you will find out the hard way that
every person is an individual first
when some white people or italians
or whoever treat you the same way
or even worse than the blacks that
you knew treated you.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
As for race changing operations, Michael Jackson already made that happen, and black people still defended him to his grave and acted like him dying was the death of a savior, even though he was a pathetic homosexual child molester and abuser who hated black people and tried his whole life to distance himself from black people and become a white man.
Your post is all lies and bullschit. Get a clue.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe it's a cue for you to change with the times as well. Get off the plantation, it's ok.
Wait a minute! You telling ME about a plantation?

Here I am enjoying life in beautiful sunny southern Arizona, and some dude from a dump that he wants to leave but can't afford to is giving ME advice? Really?

When you can GTH out of a dump like PG County, then talk to me about "plantations." You don't even know what the sun looks like....when have you last seen it?
You've got NOTHING to say to me.

LMAO...please. Go play somewhere....I'm busy.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have now officially vowed to never again call myself Black or African American (God, I hate that term) again. I could say I'm Black and European, or colored (non-white) but I am through saying I'm black and now realize I should never have identified as black.
I'm half Black American, half Italian...okay, my black father was 1/4 Cherokee and 1/8th English, but he's pretty dark. My mother was as Italian as Al Capone. My grand parents were fresh off the boat Italian, from Catania, in Sicily. We had the traditional seven fishes every Christmas and I was fed Italian wine when I was like twelve and my grandfather would play opera records while he worked around his house and I was raised Catholic. My father was black, and I spent a lot of time with my black family too.
Anyway, I was at a bar with some folks the other day and I mentioned that I always wanted to learn Italian, which I never picked up from my relatives and I said I always wanted to know my family's mother tongue. Well, a black guy overheard and gave me the look of death, but didn't say anything. I asked him what his problem was and the SAME F^^^^ fight that I've had numerous times with black people broke out. He said, and I quote, "n^^^^a, you know you ain't no damn Italian! What, you gotta problem being black?"
My chums at the bar were quite loud in their rebuttals, and the outnumbered black fellow made that hiss sound and walked away.
I've gotten this SO DAMN MUCH. Black folks, insisting I call myself black exclusively and ignore the dominate part of my DNA (My mother was all Italian, my father was not all black, hence, genetically, I'm mostly Italian) They give me this reaction of contempt and anger if I so much as acknowledge my other side.
And then, they even seem to get mad at me for the crime of being alive. Some pure black Americans look at me with hatred when they hear me talk. It's like they're afraid I'm going to pollute their Afro-Aryan gene pool, being this brown skinned fellow who has the nerve to speak proper English.
And spare me...SPARE ME that "one drop rule" crap. That was the law once upon a time, yes...but it was also against the law for anyone with black blood to learn to read, does that mean I should never go back to school? How much should I care about what some long dead bigot thinks?
Or, they say "if this was back in the day, you would be enslaved by the white man." Yes...and if I was in Haiti right after the revolution, the blacks would have gladly lopped my head off. If I was in South Africa RIGHT NOW I would be treated like dirt by the black majority who discriminate against the mixed-race coloureds. So, I shouldn't identify with a group that wants to oppress me...unless that group is the blacks, then it's okay if I identify with the oppressor.
And I don't identify as only white either, but the more I think about it...why should I be ashamed for having white blood? If I called myself black exclusively, as many mulattoes do, wouldn't being ashamed being exactly what I'm doing? I mean, if a mixed person said "I'm white" despite being light brown, people would think they're ashamed of having black blood. But, if they say "I'm black," no one thinks it's because they're ashamed of having white blood.
And the funniest part is, I've met so many people from Italy, and none of them had a problem with me being black and Italian. I say I want to learn Italian, and they think I mean right then and there and they try to teach me some words. They never seem to have any problem with a mixed race Italian...but "my brothers?" The minute they find out I am mixed and am not afraid to admit it they have problems.
As none-PC as it may be to say, in my lifetime I have found that blacks are twice as racist as whites when it comes to this. I got beaten up as a kid by the pure blacks who hated me for having lighter skin and clearly Italian features (strong cheek bones, dark under my eyes, shorter statue etc)
It was never a member of the KKK or a skinhead who chased me around calling me the "N word" and trying to kick my butt, it was the black kids who did just that. Plus, I'm not culturally ghetto, so it was even worse...
...look at it this way: a white kid wearing a T-shirt of a heavy metal band walks past some black ghetto kids. They wouldn't do anything...but a mulatto kid in a T-shirt for a heavy metal band walks past the same black thugs, and they are going to attack him for listening to "white music." I know because I WAS that mulatto kid.
I mean, is a white guy betraying his race if he prefers rap to blue grass music? No, and hardly no white people would give him any problems. But if a person of black origin, part or full, hates rap and likes heavy metal and rock? All of a sudden he's "acting white" and he's a traitor.
First of all, listening to Jimmy Hendrix as opposed to Kenya West is hardly "acting white" and second, I am half white! So I should never listen to music or experience the culture of the other side of me? (again, I should be ashamed of having white blood, and no one has a problem with that)
And yes, I hate rap...if no one is singing, playing an instrument, or composing, IT ISN'T MUSIC! I would much rather listen to rock, metal, electronic music or classical. But because that is not "orthodox Negroid thought" and it is bad enough that I am breathing while mixed and not a pure Afro-Aryan, I am a target for so many racist blacks.

I have nothing against black people, or my black blood. But, if I call myself black, I would be betraying my other half and embracing a people who so often have issues with my very existence. Hence, I am half-black, and will never call myself black again...
...and for the record, Obama isn't black either. But he lived a sheltered upperclass lifestyle in Hawaii and didn't go through what I went through on the East Coast, so he's a different story. He's also a failure of a president who should be a one term wonder...but that's another thing blacks would attack me for saying out loud.
I feel sorry for you, for real. I want to think that this is a joke thread, but I know that it probably isn't because I've met Black people like you (whoops, sorry, I called you "Black").

You are just like all the rest of them: you are WEAK and you have fallen victim to society's pressure on you because of our race-related issues.

I'm Black and I have been all over the world, I DO speak Italian, I love my BLACK family, I am part-Native and European as well. But you know what, I don't need to deny the fact that I'm Black or try to distance myself from the reality that I am majority-Black. You and people like you do. I don't need to go around trying to make myself the "Unique Negro." You and people like yourself do. I know that I don't have to impress people with the fact that I am Black and don't match the stereotypes, I'm just happy with who I am.

You know, I've heard people say, "You can't change being Black, you are always going to be Black in other people's eyes." I never liked that because it made it seem like someone else's opinion about who people are matters. But, I kind of agree with that theory. You can try to be "less" Black, but you are always gonna be Black whether you like it or not.

That's the funny and joyous thing about Black people who are ashamed of being Black. It is comical and funny to know that all the way to their deathbed, they are going to have those moments in life when the rest of society and events in daily life remind them that they are indeed Black and no matter how much they try to avoid it, they can't escape that.

There's a psychology in that. People like yourself are trapped and you are torturing yourself with these desires to be something other than what you are. Congratulations.

It would do the world and the great nation of the United States of America good if Black people knew more about their blood, their history and their ancestors so that they could be proud instead of so afraid, bitter and confused on being Black.

By the way, I consider myself a pretty nice person, I don't seek to argue with people, but if I was out and about and heard you talking like you say you talk, then as a Black person I would look at you pretty crazy as well. There is a reason why those Black people have approached you like that or looked at you in such ways: because they are the real ones and you are the fake one. Real recognizes real and you aren't real. You probably sound like nonsense when you spew such things with your friends in public. Did you ever think that YOU are the problem and not the Black people that are staring at you or calling you out? You are the Black person that always goes out with non-Black friends and because you think you are not Black, you think that you can share your non-Black ideologies about Black people and being Black with your non-Black friends. I have seen this happen SO many times and it is always hilarious. I know White people who have Black friends like that and the White people are my friends, so they share with me just how WEIRD, CONFUSED and CRAZY their Black friend sounds when talking about being Black. They laugh at the Black person that does that ... you know why? Because people really don't give a damn about your Black confusion. They don't accept you more just because you have denounced being Black. When Black people such as yourself realize that your efforts really don't make much difference, the better you and everyone else will be. It doesn't make a difference what music you choose to listen to or whether you decide to only date Blond white women. They don't care because like I said above, you are still Black.

The problem isn't that you want to "learn Italian." You're dumb for even thinking that someone would be rude to you because you want to learn Italian. You need to start being honest with yourself about what is really going on when you say you want to learn Italian. That's not all that people are noticing. They are also hearing the other things you say. It's very stupid for you to even try to say that people don't like you because you are Black and want to learn Italian. You are reaching too far with that one.

Also, you are not in South Africa, so stop trying to use that as an excuse.

You also say, "Once they FIND OUT that I am mixed." No one should have to "find out" that you are mixed. Do you go around proclaiming that you are mixed? Sounds to me like you are one of those color struck Black people. I met a young man yesterday who has a Mexican father. He says to me, "Yeah, I don't look it, huh?" He didn't seem to upset with that. He just was himself. He didn't need to remind people that he was "mixed" with something to make himself "special." So many Black people try to do this and you sound like one of them. If people don't know you are mixed just by looking at you then oh well, boo hoo, deal with it. You don't have to help them in finding that out about you. Which is even more reason why it is ignorant for you to try to deny being Black. If people can't tell that you are mixed or don't care enough to notice then what makes you think your denial of being Black is gonna work?

Black people in general love Jimi Hendrix and are proud to know that one of the most well-known rockers and legendary guitarists was considered Black. Everyone views Jimi Hendrix as a Black man and Black people don't isolate him because he rocked out. No, they are proud of that.

Last edited by SoEdible; 04-12-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies