Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently Romney thinks being glitter bombed is synonymous to being target of a missile. How will Romney handle a real threat if president?

Mitt Romney Glitter Bomb: Peter Smith Pleads Guilty To Disturbing The Peace For Glitter Bombing After Colo. Caucus (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Shows what kind of low-life pukes these gay activists are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Calling glitter a missile is a bit of an exaggeration. Don't you think?"

A 'glitter bomb' is a missle of unknown construction until the investigation is complete. hindsight is not a relaible defense in these violent times as embraced by the president, DOJ and the rest of the current administration.

In fact if a grade school kid said or wrote the word, "BOMB" he would be arrested and profiled.
A boy at school threw a ripped up piece of paper at my son. Do you think I should call the police for a full investigation, and possible missile charges?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If it isn’t rocket powered it isn’t a missile. I wonder who can up with that stupid law.
Really?
"mis·sile (msl, -l)n.1. An object or weapon that is fired, thrown, dropped, or otherwise projected at a target; a projectile.
missile - definition of missile by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
So what next5 we allow totmatoes to be thrown with no conseqauences. Disgusting behaviour :IMO.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
They throw glitter at people and then they get mad that we think they're all girly and weak.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:36 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely.

But what would the reaction be if I "glitter bombed" 0b0mba?
I imagine the conservatives who are showing such consternation about this would be singing your praises.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I imagine the conservatives who are showing such consternation about this would be singing your praises.
you imagine WRONG. throwing something at someone, even glitter, is considered an assault on that person.

it might seem inconsequential to you that it was only glitter, but what about next time when someone throws something more dangerous? does that still remain inconsequential?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently Romney thinks being glitter bombed is synonymous to being target of a missile.
where did romney say anything about being targeted by a missile?

do you have any idea what a missile is?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you imagine WRONG. throwing something at someone, even glitter, is considered an assault on that person.

it might seem inconsequential to you that it was only glitter, but what about next time when someone throws something more dangerous? does that still remain inconsequential?
Based on the posting history of the individual you're addressing it will remain inconsequential as long as the recipient of the thrown object is not a liberal Democrat.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Wow that is a lot of assumptions there. I am of the opinion that prosecutors and police will sort out if a crime has occurred and will deal with it accordingly. With that said I have been on CD long enough know that if someone had just glitter bombed some random person no one would care and if someone glitterbombed say Pelosi the rightwingers would be cheering them. This is just an excuse for a bunch of rightwingers to get their pants in a trist about liberals. Trust me, just compare threads of Kennedy's death and Breitbart's death and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...dead-43-a.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ssed-away.html

As you can see both threads have been locked and subject to much mod editing.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 04-14-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies