Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A boy at school threw a ripped up piece of paper at my son. Do you think I should call the police for a full investigation, and possible missile charges?
You should definitely keep trying to defend this inane thread. You're doing a far better job of making yourself look foolish than any of us that disagree with you ever could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Wow that is a lot of assumptions there. I am of the opinion that prosecutors and police will sort out if a crime has occurred and will deal with it accordingly. With that said I have been on CD long enough know that if someone had just glitter bombed some random person no one would care and if someone glitterbombed say Pelosi the rightwingers would be cheering them. This is just an excuse for a bunch of rightwingers to get their pants in a trist about liberals.
i personally dont care who gets hit with a glitter bomb, or worse, as long as the offender ends up in court on assault charges. if someone can get to romney, pelosi, obama, or any other elected official with a glitter bomb, what else can they get close to them with?

i may not like the politics of pelosi, reid, and obama and other democrats, but i dont want the subjected to an assault either. same with conservatives.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So he did something stupid and now he's upset about the consequences of his actions? That's pretty gay.
To describe his actions as "gay" is pretty bigoted.

But hey, consider the source.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This has nothing to do with someone being priviledged, get over it.

It has to do, with the actions of someone being stupid and ingorant.
Beginning to sound as if some are jealous of those who are privledged, but worked for it, and did not get it handed to them, by gov handouts and freebies.
How hard do you have to "work" for something when your daddy is rich, you go to the best private schools and daddy's political and social connections get you into Harvard University, where you parlay the relationships you develop there into a career in investment banking?

Now there are plenty of American that are very successful and work they asses off to get there. I'm sorry but Mitt Romney isn't one of them. He simply rode the gravy train his daddy put him on.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
How hard do you have to "work" for something when your daddy is rich, you go to the best private schools and daddy's political and social connections get you into Harvard University, where you parlay the relationships you develop there into a career in investment banking?

Now there are plenty of American that are very successful and work they asses off to get there. I'm sorry but Mitt Romney isn't one of them. He simply rode the gravy train his daddy put him on.
How hard do you have to work when you live with your rich banker grandparents, and they pull strings to get you into the best schools and colleges?

Ask our current President.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
This liberal absolutely thinks that if people like Mitt Romney are being glitterbombed, that Obama deserves to have the same done to him.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:50 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This liberal absolutely thinks that if people like Mitt Romney are being glitterbombed, that Obama deserves to have the same done to him.
And I'm wondering what is the point of glitter-bombing EITHER of them?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:54 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Apparently Romney thinks being glitter bombed is synonymous to being target of a missile. How will Romney handle a real threat if president?
What are you smoking to end up with that thinking? This is really NOT a political issue.

You would not want Romney, Obama, their families to even begin to get close to anything whether it is a crotch missile, blood bag, glitter or a real bomb. This is serious stuff and I hope they slammed the offender to the ground and jail them for a few months at least.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:55 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
And I'm wondering what is the point of glitter-bombing EITHER of them?
Because it's funny watching them get worked up about something that 5 year olds do to each other all day?

Nonviolent displays of disapproval. I don't think it's particularly mature, but hey, neither is advocating against GBLTQ rights. Don't forget that Dan Savage, a prominent liberal and gay figure, has been glitterbombed several times for his transphobic comments. It is not something I would choose to do, but I absolutely understand why people do it.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:00 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Apparently Romney thinks being glitter bombed is synonymous to being target of a missile. How will Romney handle a real threat if president?

Mitt Romney Glitter Bomb: Peter Smith Pleads Guilty To Disturbing The Peace For Glitter Bombing After Colo. Caucus (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Shouldn't waste glitter on that whatever he is. Is he even human? He has the aura of a toy robot whose battery is almost empty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies