Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
It is obvious you have never ever even read WHAT GOD PROMISED !

In other words you think he is like Obama... a liar!?? Shame Shame Shame on yew.

I think you are misinterpreting my post. You said that god promised that the earth will abide forever. I didn't disagree with you. I just pointed out that he might deem humans worthless for not taking care of the planet. And then where does that leave us. I don't know....maybe another flood or something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
It is obvious you have never ever even read WHAT GOD PROMISED !

In other words you think he is like Obama... a liar!?? Shame Shame Shame on yew.

What I asked was - what can we do to influence the sun in any manner ? ANS: nothing! The sun is what controls our weather and climate in some distinct manner.
Global warming and climate change have nothing in them about humans influencing the sun.

Your misconception (second time) that it does only provides a stark example of how incredibly stupid the people who deny global warming actually are.

Plus, I'll take lessons on truth from some one who doesn't lie every second sentence or hear voices of "Jesus"...so you are disqualified.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
There is so much evidence that the warmists are full of BS...on nearly every issue...on every prediction, they have been wrong.

Why? Because they base ALL their fear mongering on computer climate models.

GIGO.

Oh look, the ecosystem adapts to the changing climate...and ALWAYS has.

http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archiv...ate-streamflow

Quote:
“It appears that ecosystems may have some capacity for resilience and adapt to changing conditions,” said Jones, a professor in OSU’s College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences. “Various ecosystem processes may contribute to that resilience.
No! Good grief, I learned this when I was a 4th grader.

What are they teaching the kids of today? Here's what...that Co2 (what humans exhale) is a pollutant.

Folks, remember when they used to teach that Co2 was the LIFEBLOOD of the planet?

Old 04-15-2012, 09:27 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I would point out that none of them are actually climate scientists.
You could say the same about the scientists who support the non-existent human global warming.

For them, it's just a job. If the money gets cut-off, then they don't have jobs, so they'll say anything to drag this out as long as possible and milk the cash cow.

Politically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So how can over 7 billion people and their activities not affect the world.
I don't know. Why don't you organize Jump Day and we'll find out?

At a certain time of day, have everyone on Earth stop what they're doing and jump. Maybe it will cause a tsunami or an earthquake.

Quote:
You think all the trash and pollution we generate has done nothing detrimental to this planet.
While I abhor litter, I fail to see how a Styrofoam cup lying on the ground causes glaciers to allegedly melt.

Quote:
Do you not think about the consequences of our actions. Our actions do affect where we live so we need to take care of it. That is not being political at all. To me it's just common sense.
The topic is global warming and whether it is caused by humans, not environmental pollution.

Whether or not our globe is warming is irrelevant, and really none of your business, since you cannot control it, and humans have no impact.

Might I remind you that we are in an Inter-Glacial Period. Accordingly, I would expect it to warm up (especially as the Earth is closer to the Sun now than ever before in recorded history).

Reminding...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You really think that global warming is because humans are changing something about the sun?

I guess this is more proof that people who deny global warming really have no F'ing clue or more brain cells then teeth.
For the record, exactly how many Inter-Glacial Periods have you witnessed or experienced?

See this....

[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i134/ningishiddza/Glaciers.gif[img]

....that is your Earth, 99.99% of the time.

The other 0.01% of the time it is like it is now.

Anytime your ready for 6 Billion people to freeze and starve to death, just give the word.

I also get the impression you are not familiar with Eccentricity. Here's a nice example:

Earth does not orbit the Sun in a perfectly circular orbit.

Earth is more or less "anchored" at a fixed distance from the Sun on its pseudo-apogee but the pseudo perigee is not a fixed point -- the Earth moves to and fro across a period of about 100,000 years.

And right now, the Earth is about to reach maximum perigee (between December 2012 and January 2013). Once that happens, Earth will begin moving farther away from the Sun and the Earth will very soon (in geologic terms -- not human terms) return to an Ice Age.

Here's a more exaggerated depiction:

Imagine Earth's pseudo-perigee moving between where Mercury is and where Earth is. Like I said, it's exaggerated, but it illustrates the point, namely that when you are closer to a source of heat...

...you get really warm.

And then there's the North Magnetic Pole which is moving about like a mole.

I won't even get into that, because half of it would go over your head and the other half would go way, way over your head.

Suffice to say that UV particles, protons, neutrons, gammas and X-rays are shunted at the North Magnetic Pole and that in part drives weather patterns on Earth.

Since the magnetic pole has moved, guess what?

Those UV particles, protons, neutrons, gammas and X-rays are being shunted to a different location than they were previously.

For all of you who wanted to know the $64,000 Question and why Tornadoes are appearing in places they never appeared before...

.....now you know why.

Scientifically...

Mircea

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is so much evidence that the warmists are full of BS...on nearly every issue...on every prediction, they have been wrong.

Why? Because they base ALL their fear mongering on computer climate models.

GIGO.

Oh look, the ecosystem adapts to the changing climate...and ALWAYS has.

Study: Impact of warming climate doesn
THIS is NOT a "computer model":

Weather Service says weekend outbreak produced more than month's worth of tornadoes in Kansas | The Republic

Ken

Old 04-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Scientifically...
But.....the warmist cult cabal have dismissed the Sun's impact on "global warming".

Old 04-15-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
What do tornadoes have to do with "global warming"? NOTHING. I thought you KNEW this. Really, what does a defective computer climate model have to do with a tornado? I'm just dying to hear this, come on, tell us.

Why do the warmists continue to make this ridiculous claim?

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2...lobal-warming/

Quote:
“There really is no scientific consensus or connection [between global warming and tornadic activity]….Jumping from a large-scale event like global warming to relatively small-scale events like tornadoes is a huge leap across a variety of scales.”
From a warmist, no less.

Of the 10 deadliest US tornadoes, only ONE outbreak happened after 1953.

What caused those outbreaks from 1840 to 1953?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_records

Of the 25 deadliest tornadoes, only ONE happened after 1955.

Same question.

Last edited by sanrene; 04-15-2012 at 09:42 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What do tornadoes have to do with "global warming"? NOTHING. I thought you KNEW this.
Do you even have CLUE as to WHY and HOW tornadoes form?
Apparently not.

Ken

Old 04-15-2012, 09:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
I think you are misinterpreting my post. You said that god promised that the earth will abide forever. I didn't disagree with you. I just pointed out that he might deem humans worthless for not taking care of the planet. And then where does that leave us. I don't know....maybe another flood or something
Nah - no destructive worldwide flood will ever occur again - nor will the earth be cursed because of the actions of people - see Genesis 8:21-22.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,959 times
Yeah, I just got my royalty check from Al Gore for perpetuating the myth of global warming. All us scientists are totally in it for the money, booze, power, sex, and glory. You should see the wild parties the IPCC throws. There's like, weeks of my life that I don't even remember happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You could say the same about the scientists who support the non-existent human global warming.

For them, it's just a job. If the money gets cut-off, then they don't have jobs, so they'll say anything to drag this out as long as possible and milk the cash cow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies