Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The gay agenda will always push for their accepting of homosexuality as normal , to young children in the class room and to Washington legislation.
Absolutely nuts. I wonder what it's like to live in such a delusional world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Are you aware that male-male homosexuality/sodomy is illegal in over 35% of the countries around the world?

I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that until you do a little homework.
Are you aware that there are still a significant amount of countries that are barely out of the stone age? Are you aware that there are still tribes in Africa, South America and New Guinea that not aware how babies are created. Are you aware that a significant amount of the world still believe in Voodoo? Just because there are still numerous countries that are not properly educated is no reason to justify any archaic belief. Also, many countries in the world still treat women as chattel. There are still countries in the world, specifically parts of Africa that practice slavery.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I doubt most homophobics or anti-gays are closet homosexuals themselves.
Not most, but a significant minority, and more than most people would suspect.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thank you professor mysticaltyger!

While some people may actually fear homosexuals (for example, a straight guy taking a shower in prison), I believe the most common negative reaction to homosexuality is disgust.

While I personally have no real fear of homosexuals, I am disgusted by homosexuality.

It is an innate and unchangeable characteristic that I have which serves to protect me from novel pathogens homosexuals may carry and which I would be ill prepared to fend off.

It is for this reason that avoidance is often a wise strategy and a useful evolutionary adaptation.

Furthermore, individuals prone to infections and pregnant women have a greater disgust reaction, and thus more vigilant behavioral immune system, than less vulnerable individuals.

So the question becomes, why do liberals hate people who have an innate, natural and unchangeable characteristic?

Why do they Hate people for being born a certain way, especially when they have no control over it?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...AQffn1wbnHMCPQ
The disgust you're describing is also a type of fear. It's not the blatant kind of being sexually assaulted by someone in the shower. It's a more subtle kind of fear. This disgust generally relates to one or more of the following:

--Fear of the feminine or that which is perceived to be feminine (Ever notice when people bring up "disgust" it's almost always gay men who are used in examples? That's fear of the feminine")

--Fear of gender role variations that don't fit the rigid male/female social roles that were learned in childhood.

I take issue with your assertion that your "disgust" is innate. It isn't innate at all. Most of it has to do with a steady drip feed of negative social programming. It's stuff that you're not even aware of.

By the way, I am NOT politically liberal in most respects and I DO NOT APPRECIATE being stereotyped as such.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,324 times
Ive always found it entertaining how the counter argument that people who identify as gay invariably use toward their opposition (whom they always presume wish to self identify as heterosexual anyway) basically boils down to the old childhood rebuttal "whatever you call me, bounces off of me and sticks to you." lol...

I can understand people why people would get defensive about their decision to become one way or the other in life, but thats such an elementary retort that reveals a tremendous amount of insecurity in my opinion. And more revealing, is the fact that its a charge that is never equally applied to women and men who are anti-gay. All men who dont believe in homosexuality are gay, but women who hold a disbelief in homosexuality? bah, whatever they'll come around..lol

Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Not most, but a significant minority, and more than most people would suspect.
Do you have any facts to support this or is it just your opinion?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely nuts. I wonder what it's like to live in such a delusional world.
Please do tell us.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
"American Beauty" is a good movie that deals in part with this issue.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
"American Beauty" is a good movie that deals in part with this issue.
Great movie, and yes that movie hits the nail on the head. Closed gays are unsure of which way to turn, afraid that being honest with their feeling will out himself. They hate openly gay men because they're doing what they wish they could.

Classic over reaction to rejection when he finally reaches out and takes a chance.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
My brother is left handed.

Guess you hate him, too.

Humanity will be much improved when people like you no longer exist.
does your brother use his left hand to do things that a hand normally doen't do? hes not trying to walk on his hand! is he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies