Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
.. a very dynamic incumbent.
Everything in your post was reduced to slobbering devotion and Lib talk delusion by only four words! (good job)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Everything in your post was reduced to slobbering devotion and Lib talk delusion by only four words! (good job)
Perhaps you should read more, I'm not voting for Obama or Romney.

But its pretty simple to understand that President Obama is much more of a popular person then Romney is personally.

New polls today show a 56% likability for Obama, 27% for Romney.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
If you look at the polls Romney is leading in all of them with a sample size > 1,000.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Every day out of desperation and the knowledge that Romney is such a blasé candidate, a right winger posts another poll result. The only poll that counts is the one that will be tallied next November at the voting booths. Romney will go home to plan his strategy for another try in 2016. he will be the perpetual candidate, kind of like "always a bridesmaid, never a bride".

Old 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should read more, I'm not voting for Obama or Romney.
New polls today show a 56% likability for Obama, 27% for Romney.
Allow me to 'refresh' you on what you yourself 'just' posted' ..
Quote:
First of all, and I told liberals this also, polls this early are MEANINGLESS.
Now .. May I 'suggest' that further reading on your part could help?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Allow me to 'refresh' you on what you yourself 'just' posted' ..

Now .. May I 'suggest' that further reading on your part could help?
Popularity polls are important, its the national "who do you want as President" polls are meaningless.

There is a difference. Look, Romney may win, I wouldn't bet on it, but he might.

The simple odds are ALWAYS in the incumbents favor.

Look at 2004's election, for instance. Many national polls showed Bush losing this far out. But the "likability" was always there for him. As I have heard so many times "he's the guy you want to have a beer with".

This is more important then Presidential approval ratings in todays America, because President has become much more of a popularity contest. Kind of like American idol, many of the best contestants don't win, because they aren't popular.

Now the same people that voted for McCain last time, will probably vote for Romney. A majority of the people who voted for President Obama last time will probably vote for him as well.

But that few percentages in the middle, what state they are located in, and popularity are the major factors. Romney is a robot, he seems fake to most people, hell he could barely win the parties nomination, and look at his opponents!!!

Hell, Hillary was VERY popular with the left, but because of her war stance, she lost to Obama because he was so popular.

Follow the likability polls. Hey, they may change as Americans get to know Romney more personally. But ask yourself, deep down, do you believe that?

All Republicans can really hope for is a spectacular economic meltdown.

Its really like the 1996 election. Dole was a nice enough guy, but he was to rigid, and not the energetic personality that was Clinton. So with falling popularity, Clinton still won, because Dole had no real plan. Romney has no real plan either, Republicans are just hoping that Obama stinks SO bad on the economy, that they could squeak out a win.

But polls will be busy, most folks that voted last time will vote, and it'll come down to about 2% of the population living in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Florida.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 PM

218 posts, read 506,752 times
Look at this:

2012 Presidential Election Polls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewi...election,_2012
Here's what the election is going to look like, based on the latest state polls:

Obama IS going to win, and by a large margin.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Popularity polls are important, its the national "who do you want as President" polls are meaningless.

This is more important then Presidential approval ratings in todays America, because President has become much more of a popularity contest. Kind of like American idol, many of the best contestants don't win, because they aren't popular.
Approval polls .. I would argue are more important than 'weighted' popularity polls!

Doesn't look all that 'impressive' to me ..

Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM

218 posts, read 506,752 times
Obama is winning the states according to polls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewi...election,_2012

Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Look at this:

Statewide opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here's what the election is going to look like, based on the latest state polls:

Obama IS going to win, and by a large margin.
Did you actually look at the most recent ones? The most recent one has Romney winning Florida, and that's just the one I noticed right off the bat. Most of those polls are dated from like last October, how on Earth is that relevant? Even the semi-recent ones are from March, well before the recent Romney surge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies