Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Keep it up democrats. The silent majority see's the nonsense your spreading and it aint gonna fly.

Gallup Presidential Election Trial Heat Results: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney
Based on this forum, there is no silent majority.

And it doesn't have the over/under. Basically it is a dead heat. Means it will be an interesting summer. Bring on the wacko commercials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
As long as Romney continues to poll low with women and non-whites, these polls are pretty meaningless. Romney has no chance to win.

Right!

"As long as Romney continues to poll low with women and non-whites (polls matter ), these polls are pretty meaningless (polls don't matter )."

That sure is a awful lot of self-contradiction in one sentence.

Do you always disagree with yourself so sharply when trying to make a point?

How about you go ahead and finish having this debate with yourself, and don't forget to let us know which of you wins.

Last edited by momonkey; 04-17-2012 at 08:57 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Yep, its within the margin of error - which proves what most (not all, but most) of us Romney supporters have been saying all along - that this will NOT be a blow-out election for Obama, and it will be a tight race, but we hope Romney comes out on top. I do think he will, but that may be optimistic thinking.

Even more interesting, here is the original source:
Romney, Obama in Tight Race as Gallup Daily Tracking Begins

Scroll down a bit, and you will see that Romney supporters are actually more likely to vote than Obama supporters. So much for that tired old line about conservatives staying home.

From the looks of this, who knows how this race will go from here. Neither candidate seems to have a statistically significant advantage.

Not a huge Romney fan, but I gotta call this one.

Obama is in a place from which no sitting president has ever won a second term.

I won't repeat the long list of nevers that stand between Obama and a second term but any of them alone should prove as insurmountable this year as they have throughout the history of the modern presidency.

Combined...forget about it.

There is a reason Obama isn't ahead in this contest with an approval rating above 53%.

America has seen what he's about and they have rejected him.

When the "don't knows" vote, they'll break 80/20 in favor of Romney.

This isn't as close as it seems.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 PM

14,023 posts, read 15,032,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
As long as Romney continues to poll low with women and non-whites, these polls are pretty meaningless. Romney has no chance to win.
So polls matter, polls don't matter, polls dont matter
interesting

Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
This is the part that really stood out to me! I guess that Romney was down with Independents wasn't very reliable propaganda either. I highly doubt he is down with women voters either.

Where are all of the naysayers, who poo pooed the Fox and Rasumussen polls?

Take note of that 12% undecided.

If Obama isn't ahead by four or five points when those undecideds vote, he will lose because the undecideds will break heavily in favor of the challenger.

It's not that they are undecided.

They just aren't sold on the incumbent.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Dems have just begun with Mitt, give it month or two and by that time every woman, minority, dog lover, and person with an operational brain will be either taking a pass in November or voting for Obama.

I supported Santorum here in Michigan.

The week before our primary, Santorum had a significant lead.

By the time we voted the negative ads Romney ran had diminished support for Santorum to the point that Romney squeaked out a win.

So yes, Romney, unlike McCain, can move the numbers.

For the past four years, Obama has been the darling of the LSM.

Their sleazy unprincipled support of him has been absolute.

This will now change as we enter the general election with his supporters in the media unable to control the avalanche of negative press their boy king is about to receive.

The truth is, all any GOP candidate had to do was ask, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" and then measure for drapes at the White House.

With Obama actually trailing in the contest, the future looks pretty bleak for the pretender in chief.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The bolded above precisely captures what's happening in America in my opinion. Democrats truly believe that American's are stupid enough to fall for the "War on Women," and believe the taglines thrown around by Barack Obama in his Class Warfare Schtick. American's might be hurting right now, but they know a pack of dumbasses when they see them. I've said all along that Democrats are vastly underestimating how disliked Barack Obama is across this country. The chickens are coming home to roost.
I have a couple neighbors who are/where swooners and they have made a harsh about face on the great ONE. Hell my wife even fell for this guys nonsense but his actions will speak louder than words and the swooning is over for many I think. I can't believe anybody still buys the lies he throws around every time he speaks. It's an insult to the American people. Of course the loudest squealers are the pure communists who love what he's doing so no surprise there.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I have a couple neighbors who are/where swooners and they have made a harsh about face on the great ONE. Hell my wife even fell for this guys nonsense but his actions will speak louder than words and the swooning is over for many I think. I can't believe anybody still buys the lies he throws around every time he speaks. It's an insult to the American people. Of course the loudest squealers are the pure communists who love what he's doing so no surprise there.
Oh for gods sakes...no one is a communist. You're an insult to our country for even suggesting that. Yes you are an insult because some disagree with you but you are determined to make sure you discredit those who don't agree

Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh for gods sakes...no one is a communist. You're an insult to our country for even suggesting that. Yes you are an insult because some disagree with you but you are determined to make sure you discredit those who don't agree
You are correct .. Marxist would probably be a better description but when you get right down to it .. They all end with .. isms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies