Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
True, 'non-mainstream' is a broad term: an Amish peasant or a goth into Satanism are both 'non-mainstream' in different ways.

I guess I have a somewhat more specific idea of the 'non-mainstream' type I'm thinking of, probably socially more liberal, open-minded, unconventional. Perhaps either a hippie or one of those dressed in leather who is into weird sexual fetishes.
Are non mainstream people less gender concious?...I think not..take it from this old hippie who'd wear leather if I could afford it...and may possibly (while completely unaware of it) indulge in some kind of "weird sexual fetish".

Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,257 times
I have always been "way off on the side" someplace and not really a member of any group. (Not even a "gender-group!")...Basically I view myself as a "person" who just happened to be born a female...My gender doesn't really seem all that important to me. And I tend to view others as "people first" too...I don't want to be "typecast" and "labeled" and placed in a "box" based on my gender. I want to "feel free" to "be me." (Whatever that means at the time!)

Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I have always been "way off on the side" someplace and not really a member of any group. (Not even a "gender-group!")...Basically I view myself as a "person" who just happened to be born a female...My gender doesn't really seem all that important to me. And I tend to view others as "people first" too...I don't want to be "typecast" and "labeled" and placed in a "box" based on my gender. I want to "feel free" to "be me." (Whatever that means at the time!)
I try to be like that too!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:23 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,257 times
I wonder if Independents tend to be less gender-conscious. They seem to feel okay abouut "staying in the middle" versus pledging their allegiance to either political party...It's nice to "feel free" when elections roll around. Nice to be able to check-out candidates on both sides...Of course it's rough when nobody seems "right" or trustworthy. (On either side!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies