Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
I think the most likely explanation is this:

There had been some break-ins in the neighborhood recently. Zimmerman, as a neighborhood watchman, was on the look out for people he deemed suspicious characters who might be breaking into houses. Martin was walking through the neighborhood to get to his father's girlfriend's house, talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone while high from a joint he recently smoked.

Zimmerman, in his car, sees Martin, figures he looks suspicious, so begins following him. He calls 911 or a non-emergency police number [it has been reported both ways] to report this suspicious person walking through the neighborhood. Zimmerman complains to the 911 operator that these "a**holes" always get away". Martin notices this guy is following him, so to show that he is not intimated, he approaches the car to see what the guy is going to do. Zimmerman does nothing except tells 911 that Martin checked him out.

Martin decides to get out of there, so he leaves walking briskly. He tells his girlfriend that someone is following him. She tells him to run, but he doesn't want to look scared, so he doesn't run, just walks fast. He tells his girlfriend that he thinks he has lost the guy that was following him.

Meanwhile, Zimmerman is determined that this guy is not going to get away like the other "a**holes" who always get away. He starts following Martin again so that he will know where he is when the cops get there. Zimmerman originally told the operator to have the cops meet him near the clubhouse, but now that he is on the move following Martin, he tells the operator to have the cops call him when they get here so that he can tell him where he is.

Zimmerman either loses sight of Martin for a minute, so gets out to look for him, or Martin went somewhere that cars can't go, so Zimmerman got out of his car to find and/or follow Martin.

One thing is crystal clear now to Martin and would be to anyone in his situation, "this guy is after me, and I don't know why, but it can't be good". We will never know for sure what happened next, whether Martin decided to strike first before being struck by Zimmerman, or what. If so, Martin would have been justified. If someone you don't know is chasing you, you are absolutely entitled to strike first. If I were in Martin's situation, even though I could out run him, I would not want him to follow me to my dad's girlfriend's house, because then he'd know where I stay and could come back later and hurt my family. I also wouldn't run because I don't want this guy to think that he scares me, because then every time he sees me in the neighborhood, I'd have to deal with him trying to intimidate me. If I saw that he had a gun, I wouldn't want to run in case that gave him a clear shot of me. No, this is going to end right now. I'd hide behind a bush, then when he walks by, I'd jump him.

Martin doesn't have to run anyway. He can "stand his ground" and defend himself from the crazy guy who is chasing him.

Regardless of how the fight started, at some point, Martin is straddling Zimmerman on the ground, and repeatedly punching him in the face. Neighbors, hearing the scuffle, call 911 to report the incident. During that call, Zimmerman, who is getting his butt kicked, yells out for help. Zimmerman decides no help is coming, so gets a hold of his gun and shoots Martin twice.

Even though Zimmerman was pinned by Martin and getting punched repeatedly, this is not a case of self-defense. Zimmerman started the whole thing by following, then chasing Martin as Martin was obviously trying to get away from him. Zimmerman is responsible for the confrontation. Zimmerman is responsible for pulling the trigger. Zimmerman is responsible for Martin's death.
this is pretty much what I think happend too.

Zimmerman shouldn't be charged with murder 2 but I think he will be charged with something. If he walks it sends the wrong message of What stand your ground is IMO.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Same old bulls*** from the left making excuses for their golden boy Trayvon. I have just one question, is it a crime to follow someone and ask questions? Is it a crime to assault someone? Only one of the above is actually a crime, making GZ innocent.
No no no...the left says that you give up your right to stand your ground if you don't cower in fear and hide when someone suspicious comes along. He should've apologized to Trayvon for following him and as consolation offered his wife or daughter for an evening, to appease his white-hispanic guilt.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Same old bulls*** from the left making excuses for their golden boy Trayvon. I have just one question, is it a crime to follow someone and ask questions? Is it a crime to assault someone? Only one of the above is actually a crime, making GZ innocent.
Stalking is a crime in Florida (Stalking Resource Center -- National Center for Victims of Crime - Criminal Stalking Laws by State/Florida )

Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Did you even read your link. No way in hell what Zimmerman did could be stalking.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The facts are coming together nicely IMHO for this theory. Zimmerman said he looked high, check. Zimmerman said he was looking at homes. Trayvon was caught with burglary tools, he also had no job. Where was he getting money money to get high on? His mommy? Face it if Trayvon wasnt addicted to weed he would be among the living today.

The ignorance that you sprouting is at least amazing and at most horrifying. Trayvon did not have any tools on him whats so ever, neverless burglary tools. He was in high school why should he have a job, this is not mandatory in this country (hint: go back to yours if you really feel it necessary). There is no proof that he was high, there are rumors that traces of THC was in his system. If you had a clue you would have known that it remains in your system for at least 30 days and there is no proof whatsoever that he had any addiction to anything.

Does your lack of respect have any boundaries?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
So is smoking weed. So it evens out.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Did you even read your link. No way in hell what Zimmerman did could be stalking.
But stalking is such a powerful and nebulous legal buzzword that you can apply it anywhere, including here.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:44 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
this is pretty much what I think happend too.

Zimmerman shouldn't be charged with murder 2 but I think he will be charged with something. If he walks it sends the wrong message of What stand your ground is IMO.
Oh don't worry Holder has his boys sniffing around looking at charging the evil white hispanic with a hate crime. Don't think they will let a chance to pander to the lunatic trayvon club by sacrificing zimmerman will be let go away.

As Rahm said never let a good crisis go to waste.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:45 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Had Zimmerman been black, that run-in wouldn't have been dismissed so readily.
He is a minority, hispanic. Do you dispute this?

Are you trolling ?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:46 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Nice try, but the report stated "TRACES" amount of THC which means anything from incidental contact high to smoking 30 days ago. BTW, very few people smoke pipes in public and no one really needs to "dump" a joint
ty for for telling me tm wouldn't use a pipe to smoke his weed in public and if he thought it might be a cop watching him he wouldn't dump his joint. Typical teen who while suspended from school, visiting his father's girlfriend, supposedly at home with a 14-year-old, doesn't mind getting caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies