Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 04:41 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I have no doubt that the media is/was trying desperately to spin this story one way - and one way only.

Still, if Zimmerman had not left his car, none of this would have happened... He did, even after being advised by cops not to do so - and ultimately, he created this situation.

I agree. They keep showing that photo of an 11 year old kid... Obviously trying to stir up the public.

But if Zimm had stayed his behind in the car as requested, none ofthis would have happened.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:45 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.
I wear hoodies all the time. Judging people by their appearance is the height of shallowness, usually with more than a tinge of ignorance.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
The OP was only making a point that the picture of a little boy is what Martin looked like at the time of the incident. The media could easily have gotten a current picture, but chose to put up a picture that made Martin look more like a victim. I don't know whether Zimmerman was justified, but so far it seems as if the majority of people jumping to judgement are against Zimmerman. Most of the people who are against Zimmerman say Martin did nothing wrong and was totally innocent, but so far the evidence seems to support Zimmerman's account that he was following someone who seemed like he was on drugs (drugs were found in Martin's system during autopsy), that he was attacked (witnesses said Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him up), and that Zimmerman was in fear (medical records show Zimmerman was injured even though Martin supporters denied it). The original point is still that the media is manipulating and falsifying data and some gullible people are quick to judge.
Martin was still the victim......no matter what he looked like. Zimm should have stayed in his car.
But yes, they wanted it to look like he beat up on a smallish black child.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Judging people by their appearance is the height of shallowness, usually with more than a tinge of ignorance.
It's the standard that Americans live by....yet people only have a problem with it when it affects them.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:49 PM

764 posts, read 597,567 times
What NBC did with those phone calls was wrong, but the supposed intentions of the media regarding the picture, IMO, aren't as sinister as some claim. I said before, look at DB Cooper. The name he gave was Dan Cooper, but the media mistakenly called him DB Cooper, and even after the facts got out, they continued to call him DB Cooper.

The media sticks with what is recognizable. The original picture they received was more than likely, the younger picture of Martin. They know people associate that original picture with the case. So they stick with that.

Oh, and theres nothing menacing about that picture. Considering it was taken in the winter...

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
So you equate a dude sucker punching a guy walking back to his van to a woman dressing provocatively???
You know exactly what I meant. What a woman is wearing when she's assaulted and what Trayvon Martin smoked a week earlier both have nothing to do with the crimes.

By the way, please show me the evidence that proves Zimmerman was walking back to his car when the fight began.

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It's the standard that Americans live by....yet people only have a problem with it when it affects them.
It's a standard stupid, ignorant Americans live by. Not everyone is shallow and stupid.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:53 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,778,062 times
If the MSM could have found a Sonogram image of Trayvon as a fetus, they would have used it. And if they could have found a Halloween photo of Zimmerman dressed as Dracula, they would have used that, next to the fetus pic.

I mean if they can call a man who's half pre-Columbian Peruvian (whose ancestry apparently also includes an African American) WHITE, then they are capable of ANYTHING. I mean honestly, why didn't they just run a stock fetus photo, and a stock vampire photo....with the caption, "Typical Vampiric White Demon shoots Unborn Future Astronaut". That caption would not have been much more of a stretch than the other tripe they've been concocting.

I have news for the MSM: while we may still own televisions, I don't know where they are. They're in some storage room, somewhere in the house. We've been in this house for several years. I thought I'd watch TV from the cardio machines at the gym. I never remember to. While a couple of our cars have little televisions, I don't think they've even been turned on. Maybe the mechanics have watched them while on break, but probably not. We have never subscribed to a paper. We stopped subscribing to magazines, years ago, about the time of Vanity Fair's "Africa Issue". The Mainstream Media is making itself irrelevant, with its incessant lies and distortions.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I have no doubt that the media is/was trying desperately to spin this story one way - and one way only.

Still, if Zimmerman had not left his car, none of this would have happened... He did, even after being advised by cops not to do so - and ultimately, he created this situation.
It's not against the law to leave your car. It's not against the law to watch a suspicious person or suspicious activity. It's not against the law to ask someone what he's doing.

Next case....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
How the hell can you liberals keep bothering to comment on this?! Thus far, youve all been wrong. Zimmerman's account has been accurate. What you should be doing is apologizing, just like the media should.
Only injury on Trayvon was gun shot and his knuckles. Its pretty clear he was the aggressor. Zimmerman had every right to defend his neighborhood after a string of burglaries and defend himself that night.

From how far away he was when he shot, to his injuries, to witness accounts to Trayvon's own character, you all have been wrong. And you have the audacity to keep up your nonsense. You called for this mans head before knowing a damn thing, and now the facts come out supporting his accounts so far, and you still call for his head.

It is time to admit you were wrong or just shut the hell up.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They won't, though. I've never seen such intense repeating of nonsense in my entire life. It's like they think if they babble nonsense enough times, it will suddenly be true.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You really are sure that all the neighbors who have come forward and said that they saw Martin sitting on the other man beating him about the head and shoulders are all liars, aren't you? Get off this racial sounding crap and talk like the person you are.
That's just not true. Witness#1 saw Martin sitting on Zimmerman, but they're not sure. Witness#2 saw Zimmerman sitting on Martin, but they're not sure. There is no eyewitness who has stated with certainty what they saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies