Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 04:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I have no doubt that the media is/was trying desperately to spin this story one way - and one way only.

Still, if Zimmerman had not left his car, none of this would have happened... He did, even after being advised by cops not to do so - and ultimately, he created this situation.
The main word in your post is "if". Surely you know that if is a very important word in anything like this. I say that because of the fact that Zimmeman didn't do as told to by the 911 operator. What I am getting at is that IF the dog hadn't stopped to sh*t he would have won the race. So often people fail to see that all the things about ifs and buts are so very true. The man did go after the young man, much larger than his 12 year old picture makes him appear to be, lost him and got taken from behind. As more and more comes out from neighbors it becomes more and more obvious that Trayvon may well have hidden himself and then attacked.

The media had too much to do with all of this and we nearly had race riots from the fact that people thought a boy was attacked and shot.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
harrier, same kid only with a hoodie on.
Four of five years older than he was in that picture. The media screwed this one from the very beginning with that picture of the so innocent looking little boy when he was much larger and older.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

You keep dreaming if you think that murderer will live and make money off his murder. Put up all the pictures you want to
Have you seen the video of the young man purchasing his Skittles and Tea in the convenience store. He looked much taller than that little boy was. You need to see that video so you can realize that you are operating from an area of thought that the media helped you get to.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Why do we have 8 same topic threads on this.

Triplicate threads in last 2 hours.

Please.
Who ordered you to open up this one? I bet you did it of your own accord.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the whole Martin/Zimmerman case, because I care about it as much as I do a bowel movement, and I stopped watching American TV news almost half a year ago. But, I can't see just how in this world, that picture of Trayvon looks ANYTHING like a 17 year old that picture looks like he's friggin 13!
That was about his age when that picture was taken but most people who want to get this racial story used to do away with our court system just can't get away from the horrible mistake the original media story made.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No...but I actually LISTEN.

On the tape of the 911 call you hear the sounds of pounding feet and Z breathing hard.

Then dispatch asks "are you following him".

Zimmerman answers "yes"

Dispatch answers "we don't need you to do that".

Zimmerman answers "OK"

Sounds of pounding feet and labored breathing end.

You might want to actually listen to the tape sometime. It's been linked many many times; if you like I'll find it for you. Given his breathing and tone of voice after he answers "OK" its clear he wasn't running or even walking fast any longer. OK, I'll admit, he could have been walking slowly for the additional 1 1/2 minutes he was on the phone. But it's pretty clear he wasn't chasing Martin during that time.
What we are dealing with here with some of our people is purely racial and that is what the media did to this thing from the start. It would have been pretty bad if a racial group had found Zimmerman in the early days and killed him, but is could have happened so very easy. We have a system to deal with this kind of thing and the media nearly managed to blow it out of existence with that one picture and public opinion.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:29 PM

180 posts, read 203,028 times
The OP was only making a point that the picture of a little boy is what Martin looked like at the time of the incident. The media could easily have gotten a current picture, but chose to put up a picture that made Martin look more like a victim. I don't know whether Zimmerman was justified, but so far it seems as if the majority of people jumping to judgement are against Zimmerman. Most of the people who are against Zimmerman say Martin did nothing wrong and was totally innocent, but so far the evidence seems to support Zimmerman's account that he was following someone who seemed like he was on drugs (drugs were found in Martin's system during autopsy), that he was attacked (witnesses said Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him up), and that Zimmerman was in fear (medical records show Zimmerman was injured even though Martin supporters denied it). The original point is still that the media is manipulating and falsifying data and some gullible people are quick to judge.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
just because he is 5 years older, isn't smiling big and wearing a hoodie does not make him look "suspicious" only to people who fall prey to stereotypes.
as to looking bad, even if the kid was a shady punk, unless he was in the act of committing a crime he did not deserve to get shot. we can't go following people around with guns because our own personal bias makes snap assumptions about them.
I will take it for granted that you don't know that the majority of people who have come forward about this situation say that Martin was on top of the prone Zimmerman and pounding away at his face and head. There is no agreement of who was screaming for help but usually the guy on top doesn't need any help.

It seems that you made a snap assumption about this thing long ago and are sticking with it. Of course, you don't think our court system and laws can deal with this thing so you seem to want a mob to get hold of Zimmerman and deal some hanging law on him.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,969,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
oh I'm sorry...edited, I must of pushed the wrong button and was going for an interesting thread today
Funny! You're right, but somebody has to do it!

Here is a new article from the Orlando Sentinel.

[url=http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-17/news/os-george-zimmerman-evidence-released-20120517_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-new-evidence-documents]George Zimmerman evidence Trayvon Martin: New evidence in George Zimmerman shooting of Trayvon Martin released - Orlando Sentinel[/url]

Still, nothing proves who started the fight.

"There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter," said one police report in hundreds of pages of evidence released Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Zimmerman will get off, this case sounds more flimsy.
I think he might be convicted of negligent homicide, but only time will tell. It sounds as if the police do not want to encourage more vigilantism.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
What exactly did Trayvon Martin do on the night of his death to warrant Zimmerman's attentions? He was walking while wearing a hoodie - that's it - and for that he was targeted and killed by Zimmerman.

Absolutely incredible that you can even suggest that Martin was responsible for his own death.
You really are sure that all the neighbors who have come forward and said that they saw Martin sitting on the other man beating him about the head and shoulders are all liars, aren't you? Get off this racial sounding crap and talk like the person you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.