Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,343,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.
What exactly did Trayvon Martin do on the night of his death to warrant Zimmerman's attentions? He was walking while wearing a hoodie - that's it - and for that he was targeted and killed by Zimmerman.

Absolutely incredible that you can even suggest that Martin was responsible for his own death.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the travesty is that a young man lost his life. dead at 17. had zimmerman stayed in his house, called 911 and left well enough alone the young man would be alive and zimmerman would be an unknown.
Uhhh... Zimmerman did call 911 - and calling 911 isn't exactly "leaving well enough alone". For all we know, the cops might have used their weapons also. Assuming that Trayvon Martin would still be alive if Zimmerman had just let the cops handle things is just that - an assumption.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,248,635 times
By the way, I think we should get something else very, very clear. Zimmerman need not be a saint to protect himself from unlawful assault and Martin does not need to be evil incarnate to be guilty of such a assault.

Last edited by southking500; 05-18-2012 at 02:54 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Don't give him ideas about possible relocation!
ha! let him relocate. because he would spend his money stupidly, and by the time he got everything done that needed to be done to make the relocation happen, the trial would be over. and even if it wasnt, chances are nearly 100% that he wont be called for jury duty for zimmermans trial, and thus he would have wasted his time and money for nothing, and he would then be even angrier because he couldnt do anything.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,042,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Black kids who wear hoodies to look intimidating are no different than the sheet-wearing Klansmen who use the same tactic to intimidate.
do you think the same thing when mark zuckerberg wears a hoodie? or is that ok because he is white?

Old 05-18-2012, 02:48 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,006,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are inaccurate. He was NOT advised by the cops not to leave the car. The dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that". That's a FAR cry from being told you should NOT do something.
Well, for accuracy's sake - you are not correct, either.

The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following Martin (it seems that this question was based on the sounds of heavy breathing, suggesting that GZ was on foot, not in his car at this point). He was then told that "we don't need you to do that."

I do think you are playing on semantics here - in the context, the two statements would amount to the same message to me: Stop.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well, I just find it interesting that so many are asking why Trayvon didn't run. Most folks are forgetting that Trayvon was a young man. Most men just aren't going to run unless danger is obvious (someone is brandishing a gun) and/or he is outnumbered.

re: the fight. Zimmerman's injuries do not look like they would cause someone to fear for their life. Just looked like he was losing the fight and wanted it to end.
I think asking why Trayvon didn't run is a legitimate question....

It shows that many parents need to stress critical thinking to their children...

Now, I may not have ran if it was *me* @ 17. But I will absolutely take this example to stress to my sons why they need to consider the consequences before doing something like Trayvon Martin might have done..

With the bolded part...I absolutely agree that this may very well have been the case...

Old 05-18-2012, 02:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

Absolutely incredible that you can even suggest that Martin was responsible for his own death.
I made no such suggestion. I said that the MSM should have reported the facts instead of twisting the story to fit the bias they wanted to present. What happened that night - the events that led to Trayvon's tragic death - those don't concern me - it is up to the jury to decide that now - and neither you nor I have all the facts to make any judgments on those events. What does concern me is the media's insistance on prejudicing the case in the minds of its viewers. That is shameful and it is wrong.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,288,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So what? Do you think this is the only witness in the case?
The eye witnesses before the shot are the money witnesses.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It really is a slippery slope when people start blaming the victim.
Reminds me of the "what was she wearing" question when a woman is raped.

Regarding the THC levels, Mark Nejame, a good friend of the defense lawyer, and the attorney who recommended O'Mara to the Zimmerman family, was on CNN using words like "significant levels." Yet a Forensic Scientist reports the levels were insignificant and statistically very small. He also said that these "trace amounts" would play no role whatsoever in Trayvon Martin's behavior.

"This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes,” Larry Kobilinsky, professor of forensic science at John Hay College of Criminal Justice, told CBS News. “If it comes up in the case, I would be surprised. It wouldn't benefit the defense, it wouldn't benefit the prosecution, and if the defense tried to bring it up, the judge would keep it out."

"Dr. Michael Policastro, a toxicologist, cautioned against reading too much into the blood THC levels, adding that one cannot make a direct correlation between those findings and a level of intoxication. He also noted levels of THC, which can linger in a person's system for days, can spike after death in certain areas of the body because of redistribution."

Also, the Sanford Police said:

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog (sic) in an effort to dispel each party's concern" the request said. "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity."

There quotes are from several sources, including Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies