Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That is actually a good point, he was in the grass so how was it possible for him to have his head banged on concrete? My other question would be if he was getting his head banged so hard on the "concrete" why did'nt he show any disoreintation? I'm sorry there is no way possible for someone to have their head banged as hard as he claims and not suffer from some sort of disoreintation. Even if he did not, what kind of EMT would allow him to to go on without further observation and without a consent form denying care? I'm pretty sure that he will not lose his/her license over zimmerman, so I guess that "consent form" will be very instrumental in this case, if it exist.
I'd agree with you about the consent form. In our training as CFRs we were told to try to get the patient to sign an "against medical advise" form if they declined treatment or transport. Which is actually a very common occurance. Most people know that ambulance transport and an ER exam is expensive. Most 20-something males I know would try to shake off such an expense if they didn't feel pretty sure they needed additional treatment.

Of course, that's dumb in the case of a self defense shooting. You want all the evidence possible of injuries and treatments. And legal fees are going to far outstrip any medical expenses. Yet IMO Zimmerman is no legal genius. Anyone that paid attention during a CCW class would know enough not to make a statement to the police w/o a lawyer present.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
No Fancy, you deal with it. I notice no one seems to want to challenge the invasion of space fact. You can't just say, I am black and you are white and the law prohibits you from following me for that reason. You simply cannot, do not, and will not get your wayon that one. It is simply ...racist...to believe our laws should afford you that kind of shelter. racist to the extent that because you are of one color or another you should get a pass. Racist because you are shot by a person of one color or another opposite color or the same. Race simply has no baring.
People deserve the right to protect life and property. Being black does not give one cover from scrutiny.
That is really so immature, really xenophobic for lack of a better term.
Being black also should provide the same respect as being white and not be followed or harrassed for no reason. The question that I would have posed is that would he have done the same thing if Trayvon was white?

As far as the right to protect life and property, whose property was he protecting? His life would not had been in jeopardy if he would have listened to the dispatcher in the first place.

One other question, and I mentioned this before who goes to Target with a loaded gun? He was not "patrolling" the area because NW rules prohibit having a gun while doing so.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'd agree with you about the consent form. In our training as CFRs we were told to try to get the patient to sign an "against medical advise" form if they declined treatment or transport. Which is actually a very common occurance. Most people know that ambulance transport and an ER exam is expensive. Most 20-something males I know would try to shake off such an expense if they didn't feel pretty sure they needed additional treatment.

Of course, that's dumb in the case of a self defense shooting. You want all the evidence possible of injuries and treatments. And legal fees are going to far outstrip any medical expenses. Yet IMO Zimmerman is no legal genius. Anyone that paid attention during a CCW class would know enough not to make a statement to the police w/o a lawyer present.
Unless you are really cool with the police or someone is well connected in Law enforcement, you would be suprised how many statements are changed or lost. Some folks on here have forgotting the fact that the arresting officer intially said that he thought that zimmerman's speech was slurred

Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,935,424 times
Quote:
Unless you are really cool with the police or someone is well connected in Law enforcement, you would be suprised how many statements are changed or lost. Some folks on here have forgotting the fact that the arresting officer intially said that he thought that zimmerman's speech was slurred
Was that from drinking, or from having his head banged against the ground?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
It was on the phone, before encountering Trayvon. I thought so too.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:03 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,988 times
Quote:
Maybe getting his head slammed on the sidewalk had a factor in that?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Maybe getting his head slammed on the sidewalk had a factor in that?
Yet he refused to go for medical help until the next day!?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I've yet to see a link to any sanford pd document claiming gz's speech sounded slurred on the 911 call. Another fib perhaps.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
oh really? is that why so many black men are in prison and out number whites? because they can get away with murder? oh ok lol
Daniel Adkins was murdered by a black guy. I'd say his name but the media won't even release it.

However, you and the OP don't seem to want to talk about Mr. Adkins.

The reason you don't is that it is quite similar to the TM and Zimmerman instance only reversing the races involved. In that case the shooter remains uncharged which kinda wrecks all the claims of race baiting.

Come on, stop dodging the Adkins case.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...tin/55208980/1

(Oh and USA Today referred to the guys as hispanic but then again they aren't racist.)

Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Patient contact forms are kept with EMS, not law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies