Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Who says Zimmerman confronted Martin?

All we know is that Zimmerman was keeping tabs on where Martin was, so he could inform the police where he was, once they arrived. From what I have heard and read, Zimmerman never approached Martin, it was Martin who confronted Zimmerman, after Zimmerman has lost track of him.
Look man...you can play these silly games all you want. If Martin was the attacker, then you can't tell me that him attacking Zimmerman was a simple coincidence. Why didn't Martin attack a hundred other people instead of Zimmerman? You're making sound as if this was random when it's anything but.

Martin wasn't a choirboy, but he doesn't have any history of being pugnacious that i've seen. If he does, produce it. Zimmerman has a long history of being combative. So please, lets not pretend that him doing the confronting is some sort of stretch. It isn't.

Bottom line: this time he wasn't confronting his girlfriend. He was confronting someone who was wilier and tougher than he was, although when he was sizing up Martin, he didn't think so. When he found out, it was too late. He was already getting his ass whipped.

You guys can't face it because Martin is your worse nightmare. Martin was your prototypical punk kid. You'd love to think that if you saw a kid like Martin, you could easily back the punk kid down....especially if you're armed. Now however, you have your doubts. You could get your ass kicked, and you might actually have to shoot him to get him off you. You don't really wanna shoot someone because you've got a kool-aid heart, and you can't handle the jail time should you be found guilty of a wrongful shooting. Basically, i'm saying that most of you Zimmerman supporters are soft...just like Zimmerman. And now, you're wondering what you would do in that situation because it's not working out so well for Zimmerman in the aftermath.

Fear. It's a tough thing to face....i know.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If Zimmerman wanted to confront Martin, then why was he content with peeking at him thru the windows of his house, and only observing where Martin was, for so long? Why, if he was in a confrontational mood, why didn't Zimmerman walk out his front door and confront Martin from the start? answer may just be that Zimmerman never had any intentions of personally confronting Martin.
Uh, Zimmerman was in his car, not in a house.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:46 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Asking 'What are you doing here' ? = 'starting a fight' ? I don't think so.

It's Not my understanding that gz claims words were exchanged and he Then walked away. I believe you've altered the sequence of gz's version of events and added 1 or 2 of your own.

Whether she heard 'get off, get off' will be her downfall, possibly, IMO.
That will be for the attorneys to argue. You're simplifying too much (bolded comment in your post). In context, the question, "What are you doing here" in response to the question "Why are you following me"? could very well be controntational. Why do you think Zimmerman would not have answered the question directly and told Trayvon why he was following him? A direct answer to that question would certainly have been reasonable and would almost certainly have cooled down the situation. It's certainly a plausible scenario that Zimmerman was following Martin and that Martin stopped and asked him why he was following him. Importantly, there is a witness to an interaction between the two. If Martin just wanted to attack Zimmerman, WHY would he have bothered to ask him why he (Zimm) was following him? That just takes up time and ruins the effect of a "surprise" attack. All of this could be explored through witnesses on the stand during direct and cross. Then the jury would decide whether or not reasonable doubt about this scenario was established.

What information do you have at this point which makes you think there is a problem with the witness saying she heard Trayvon saying "get off, get off"? Why do you think that will be "her downfall"?

I haven't seen any sworn statements by GZ so I'm just going by information I've read here and there regarding his positions that night. Not intentionally adding incorrect information.

Have you had access to GZ statements, or can you tell me where you've read or heard his account regarding where he was at all times that night?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-31-2012 at 03:57 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 03:58 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What type is that?

Is it the type that has no history of violence?

Maybe it's the type with a clean psychological history.

Perhaps it's the type that has no felony convictions on their record.

Yes, let's keep guns away from those types. That way, only crazy, violent felons will have guns. Just like it is in Chicago.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against owning guns. I've owned more than a few pistols, rifles and shotguns in my life. I just never felt the need to walk around carrying. You must have a lot more faith in your fellow man than I do. Myself, I'm not that comfortable being around a bunch of armed people I know nothing about. I would say in Zimmermans case, the signs of psychological problems are pretty obvious given his history. He is exactly the type of person who should not be carrying a gun.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yeah, and the other wanna b toughguy ended up dead..... if Trayvon didn't try to act to gangsta (attacking someone for doing nothing more than following him) his sorry butt would still be alive.

Darwinism at its finest....
I don't think so. Zimmerman is a wanna-b tough guy rent a cop likely thinking he's mr. bad ass because he has a gun (I'm sure he's a staunch GOP supporter as well)
His view of a "suspicious person" likely meant a black person in the neighborhood, in which he was confrontational with Martin. I'm sure Martin did "act gangsta" when Zimmerman was harassing him. Once the fight broke out, it sounds like Martin was beating Zimmerman's ass pretty good, in which he shot Martin.

It's not Darwinism that the wanna-b tough guy Zimmerman got the fight he was looking for, that would have otherwise left him on the curb with his ass whooped, instead he pulled a gun and killed someone. He is a coward.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
That will be for the attorneys to argue. You're simplifying too much. In context, the question, "What are you doing here" in response to the question "Why are you following me"? could very well be controntational. Why do you think Zimmerman would not have answered the question directly and told Trayvon why he was following him? A direct answer to that question would certainly have been reasonable and would almost certainly have cooled down the situation. It's certainly a plausible scenario that Zimmerman was following Martin and that Martin stopped and asked him why he was following him. Importantly, there is a witness to an interaction between the two. If Martin just wanted to attack Zimmerman, WHY would he have bothered to ask him why he (Zimm) was following him? That just takes up time and ruins the effect of a "surprise" attack. All of this could be explored through witnesses on the stand during direct and cross. Then the jury would decide whether or not reasonable doubt about this scenario was established.

What information do you have at this point which makes you think there is a problem with the witness saying she heard Trayvon saying "get off, get off"? Why do you think that will be "her downfall"?

I haven't seen any sworn statements by GZ so I'm just going by information I've read here and there regarding his positions that night. Not intentionally adding incorrect information.

Have you had access to GZ statements, or can you tell me where you've read or heard his account regarding where he was at all times that night?
I haven't seen gz's statements. Stupid question. Nor have you, but I at least try to stick to reports, not make up stuff about what he's said.

We've been thru why I think the friend's 'get off get off' comment could be her downfall.

gz did a lot wrong that night and I agree with the cop's conclusion that the killing was ultimately avoidable, but for gz's actions.

I don't think tm wanted to attack gz. I believe the girl heard tm ask why gm was following him. I could speculate on why tm might have punched 1st. gz recalling the cops, gz telling him the cops are on the way, gz muttering nasty words. Pure speculation.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:11 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I don't think so. Zimmerman is a wanna-b tough guy rent a cop likely thinking he's mr. bad ass because he has a gun (I'm sure he's a staunch GOP supporter as well),
of course you're sure.

unfortunately for you - as with so many, many things you are 'sure' about - you're wrong.

George Zimmerman, Killer of Trayvon Martin, was a Democrat - YouTube

Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I don't think so. Zimmerman is a wanna-b tough guy rent a cop likely thinking he's mr. bad ass because he has a gun (I'm sure he's a staunch GOP supporter as well)
His view of a "suspicious person" likely meant a black person in the neighborhood, in which he was confrontational with Martin. I'm sure Martin did "act gangsta" when Zimmerman was harassing him. Once the fight broke out, it sounds like Martin was beating Zimmerman's ass pretty good, in which he shot Martin.

It's not Darwinism that the wanna-b tough guy Zimmerman got the fight he was looking for, that would have otherwise left him on the curb with his ass whooped, instead he pulled a gun and killed someone. He is a coward.
You would be wrong. Voting Form Shows George Zimmerman Is A Registered Democrat, Confounding Message Pushed By Left - International Business Times
Uggabugga, you beat me to it.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I haven't seen gz's statements. Stupid question. Nor have you, but I at least try to stick to reports, not make up stuff about what he's said.

We've been thru why I think the friend's 'get off get off' comment could be her downfall.

gz did a lot wrong that night and I agree with the cop's conclusion that the killing was ultimately avoidable, but for gz's actions.

I don't think tm wanted to attack gz. I believe the girl heard tm ask why gm was following him. I could speculate on why tm might have punched 1st. gz recalling the cops, gz telling him the cops are on the way, gz muttering nasty words. Pure speculation.
You accused me of changing gz's story. My question to you was not stupid. You're just being nasty, for whatever reason, when you call my question "stupid".

There are over 5000 posts in this thread. You've been giving other people a hard time about not providing you with links to info or posts which supports their beliefs, implying they are lying "fib," yet you now refuse to even discuss your beliefs regarding the "get off, get off" statement by the girl. Double standard much? A new thread has just been folded into this one, and you expect me to read through all of this to find your reason for disbelieving the "get off, get off" statements, and for that matter why you disbelieve her other statements?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Zimmerman had been in talks with Fox and Hannity. It makes you wonder if he truly was a democrat, why on earth would he be in contact with fox and Hannity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies