Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He shot the dude because he can't fight and couldn't believe in the moment that he was getting his ass whipped by a teenage kid that he miscalculated about and figured he could easily back him down. It happens. He never dreamed that he'd actually have to shoot the kid. Zimmerman's heart pumps kool-aid...he's not cold blooded. He's soft. If he can beat up a girlfriend or push a guy that he didn't know was a cop, he'll take that.

I don't see this as a gun-rights issue. It's simply a bad miscalculation by a soft ass dude playing cop that got in over his head. Believe me, without that gun, he wouldn't have been so truculent.

Sad thing is, i know he wishes like hell he wouldn't have ever left that car. It's all bad going forward from here.
Do you have tomorrow's lottery numbers, too?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Who says Zimmerman confronted Martin?

All we know is that Zimmerman was keeping tabs on where Martin was, so he could inform the police where he was, once they arrived. From what I have heard and read, Zimmerman never approached Martin, it was Martin who confronted Zimmerman, after Zimmerman has lost track of him.
You've heard wrong. Check out the other Trayvon/Zimmerman thread for what information/evidence has been released.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,898 times
There is no evidence of murder

The only reason the hateful idiots on here want a murder conviction is to somehow right all the past wrongs done to you

Get a clue...... your lives will still suck just as much as ever and the only thing that will have changed is that a man got wrongly convicted

Only to an idiot (most respndants on here) with their ghetto trash hood mentality is following someone a reason for beating someone down..... I bet you guys think that "talking ****" is a reason to permanantly disable someone too

1,702 posts, read 1,920,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That may be, but are you proposing to do, force people to pass an IQ test of some sort, and come up with an arbitrary set of parameters for how smart a person must be to have a concealed gun permit?
Nah... I know, would never happen. I do think someone should have to demonstrate a need to carry. Regularly transporting cash etc.. Just giving permits to anyone without a criminal record seems stupid to me. You tend to end up arming a certain type of personality that probably should not be armed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This.

He was a wanna-b tough guy looking for a fight, and he got his wish that he I'm sure wishes he didn't.
And maybe I should bring you to Bellagio to pick my Keno numbers!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
The creep has a history domestic violence, run-ins with the law, etc.
If he had any convictions for violence, he wouldn't have been issued his concealed firearm permit.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 PM

639 posts, read 828,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
There is no evidence of murder

The only reason the hateful idiots on here want a murder conviction is to somehow right all the past wrongs done to you

Get a clue...... your lives will still suck just as much as ever and the only thing that will have changed is that a man got wrongly convicted

Only to an idiot (most respndants on here) with their ghetto trash hood mentality is following someone a reason for beating someone down..... I bet you guys think that "talking ****" is a reason to permanantly disable someone too
dude, WTF are you talking about? Zimmerman violated EVERYTHING about repsonsible gun ownership I learned from NRA's Eddie Eagle when I was kid. Douchebags like him give ammunition to anti-2nd amendment liberals! Why didn't this guy have hobbies or a job or something! all he did was call 911 whenever a black walked down the street. As for as murder conviction, I am not an expert, it was probably manslaughter or negligent homicide or something

Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This.

He was a wanna-b tough guy looking for a fight, and he got his wish that he I'm sure wishes he didn't.
Yeah, and the other wanna b toughguy ended up dead..... if Trayvon didn't try to act to gangsta (attacking someone for doing nothing more than following him) his sorry butt would still be alive.

Darwinism at its finest....

Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
dude, WTF are you talking about? Zimmerman violated EVERYTHING about repsonsible gun ownership I learned from NRA's Eddie Eagle when I was kid. Douchebags like him give ammunition to anti-2nd amendment liberals! Why didn't this guy have hobbies or a job or something! all he did was call 911 whenever a black walked down the street. As for as murder conviction, I am not an expert, it was probably manslaughter or negligent homicide or something
Yes or no..... following someone alone is a reason to get your ass kicked

Thats what I thought

It was self defense

Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Just giving permits to anyone without a criminal record seems stupid to me. You tend to end up arming a certain type of personality that probably should not be armed.
What type is that?

Is it the type that has no history of violence?

Maybe it's the type with a clean psychological history.

Perhaps it's the type that has no felony convictions on their record.

Yes, let's keep guns away from those types. That way, only crazy, violent felons will have guns. Just like it is in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies