Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 04:47 PM

812 posts, read 595,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Regardless of personal opinions and beliefs, you have to obey the law. Self-defense laws. You can't just make up the law as you go along for yourself.
Oh I agree but we still have the right of self defense and z had the right to be a guard for his neighborhood

Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Zimmerman had been in talks with Fox and Hannity. It makes you wonder if he truly was a democrat, why on earth would he be in contact with fox and Hannity
Of course only repugs have enough hate toward blacks and no way could z have known T was a right winger. You know some folks in this world are pure rank idiots simply no hope for them.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,898 times
Quote:
I don't think so. Zimmerman is a wanna-b tough guy rent a cop likely thinking he's mr. bad ass because he has a gun (I'm sure he's a staunch GOP supporter as well)
His view of a "suspicious person" likely meant a black person in the neighborhood, in which he was confrontational with Martin. I'm sure Martin did "act gangsta" when Zimmerman was harassing him. Once the fight broke out, it sounds like Martin was beating Zimmerman's ass pretty good, in which he shot Martin.

It's not Darwinism that the wanna-b tough guy Zimmerman got the fight he was looking for, that would have otherwise left him on the curb with his ass whooped, instead he pulled a gun and killed someone. He is a coward.
Yup, and because of his hood mentality.... Trayvon the gangsta is dead

Woops.... maybe a culture change is in order

Your peeps get it all twisted and this is how it turns out.... death and or in jail

Attacking someone just for following them..... it is about time that someone stands up for themselves

Old 05-31-2012, 05:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Oh I agree but we still have the right of self defense and z had the right to be a guard for his neighborhood
The question in this case is did Zimmerman kill Martin in self defense. The State says, no, it was 2nd degree murder. The Defense says, it was self defense. So the trial or immunity hearing will ultimately determine, based on the law and evidence submitted, whether or not the killing was in self defense. That's the issue to be decided.

I don't think anyone is saying that zimmerman had no right to be a neighborhood watch person for the community.

However, the State has turned over to the defense (this is in the court file which anyone can see) in discovery documents it had regarding the HOA, the neighborhood watch emails, etc. These discovery documents are listed, however, you cannot see online the actual documents themselves at this point. So it could be that the neighborhood watch issue is going to come up in their case, MAYBE.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I haven't seen gz's statements. Stupid question. Nor have you, but I at least try to stick to reports, not make up stuff about what he's said.

We've been thru why I think the friend's 'get off get off' comment could be her downfall.

gz did a lot wrong that night and I agree with the cop's conclusion that the killing was ultimately avoidable, but for gz's actions.

I don't think tm wanted to attack gz. I believe the girl heard tm ask why gm was following him. I could speculate on why tm might have punched 1st. gz recalling the cops, gz telling him the cops are on the way, gz muttering nasty words. Pure speculation.
Okay. You don't want to talk about why you think the girl friend is not being truthful.......I found a link from a news report regarding the interview of the girl by the prosecutors. Read the whole thing. She says Zimmerman was following Trayvon, according to what Trayvon said, then Trayvon lost Zimmerman, THEN Zimmerman was following Trayvon again and that's when the conversation between the two occurred.

"A girl who talked on the phone with Trayvon Martin on the night of Feb. 26 has told a state prosecutor that she heard rising fear in Mr. Martin’s voice that peaked with words like “get off, get off,” right before she lost contact with him and he was shot to death."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/19/us...-on-phone.html

According to the court file in this case, the State turned over a copy of the cell phone record/bill for this girl to the Defense. It is not difficult to determine from looking at the State's discovery list given to the defense, that this girl is W8.....Witness 8 on the list of witnesses whose names have not been released. So, surely they know the time the call took place and the length of the call. That can be compared to the times calls were made to the police by Z and the 911 calls and the time of the gunshot.

IMO, this witness' testimony could be very, very bad for Zimmerman.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:57 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Okay. You don't want to talk about why you think the girl friend is not being truthful.......I found a link from a news report regarding the interview of the girl by the prosecutors. Read the whole thing. She says Zimmerman was following Trayvon, according to what Trayvon said, then Trayvon lost Zimmerman, THEN Zimmerman was following Trayvon again and that's when the conversation between the two occurred.

"A girl who talked on the phone with Trayvon Martin on the night of Feb. 26 has told a state prosecutor that she heard rising fear in Mr. Martin’s voice that peaked with words like “get off, get off,” right before she lost contact with him and he was shot to death."

According to the court file in this case, the State turned over a copy of the cell phone record/bill for this girl to the Defense. It is not difficult to determine from looking at the State's discovery list given to the defense, that this girl is W8.....Witness 8 on the list of witnesses whose names have not been released. So, surely they know the time the call took place and the length of the call. That can be compared to the times calls were made to the police by Z and the 911 calls and the time of the gunshot.

Go listen to audio of her interview with the state.

I've said I believe she heard tm ask why gz was following him and gz ask what tm was doing there, or words to that affect. The discussion we had about 'get off, get off,' is around post 4512 on this thread.

btw, I don't ask for links often and never to be hard on someone. I've seen no court or media accounts of the arresting officer saying gz's voice sounded slurred. I think that would be an important fact. Still no link

Old 05-31-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
The question in this case is did Zimmerman kill Martin in self defense. The State says, no, it was 2nd degree murder. The Defense says, it was self defense. So the trial or immunity hearing will ultimately determine, based on the law and evidence submitted, whether or not the killing was in self defense. That's the issue to be decided.

I don't think anyone is saying that zimmerman had no right to be a neighborhood watch person for the community.

However, the State has turned over to the defense (this is in the court file which anyone can see) in discovery documents it had regarding the HOA, the neighborhood watch emails, etc. These discovery documents are listed, however, you cannot see online the actual documents themselves at this point. So it could be that the neighborhood watch issue is going to come up in their case, MAYBE.
Many here do not believe that as fact that is my point. It is a racism drama by black politically power motivated politicians. I believe this will never go to trial unless forced by racial instigation unless Z did invade his body space prior to being attacked. I think that likely did not happen.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:

I hope she is being truthful or she could get the biggest jail time of anyone.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Go listen to audio of her interview with the state.

I've said I believe she heard tm ask why gz was following him and gz ask what tm was doing there, or words to that affect. The discussion we had about 'get off, get off,' is around post 4512 on this thread.

btw, I don't ask for links often and never to be hard on someone. I've seen no court or media accounts of the arresting officer saying gz's voice sounded slurred. I think that would be an important fact. Still no link
I'm sure you'll consider this a silly question, but where online can I find the audio recording of the interview so I can listen to it? I'd listen to it in a heartbeat if I knew where to find it. I'm sure it is quite revealing in many ways. I don't live near the Clerk's Office.

I agree with you about arresting officer comments, I never heard that either. As a matter of fact, I have my own theory about that......nothing but opinion on my part..... but what I noticed when I heard the call, AND when I heard Zimmerman on the witness stand, was that he has a very, very slight Spanish accent, which is NOT at all uncommon in South Florida, even for people who were born and raised in the U.S. There is a slightly different cadence in spoken English from those people and some English words sound slightly differrent. I think that's what the expert law enforcement guy who said on TV he thought Zimmerman was drunk actually heard when he listened to the call. Maybe he doesn't work in South Florida.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-31-2012 at 07:08 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Zimmerman had been in talks with Fox and Hannity. It makes you wonder if he truly was a democrat, why on earth would he be in contact with fox and Hannity
lol. watch tempie squirm

ever hear of al sharpton? he's on fox pretty regularly, and i'm pretty sure he's no republican
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies