Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I always wondered why there were no pictures of him by the police/EMT right after the "assault". My biggest question is if his head was being bashed as badly as his brother said he should have been sent to the hospital with a possible concussion. Once there he would have been given xrays and a BAT and pictures would have been taken as well. As far as anyone knows he could have some self afflicted wounds. Don't laugh, because if you know that you are facing some serious jail time why would'nt you do anything to make yourself less guilty?
You know, maybe if he hadn't shot TM, he may have had his head bashed in to a point of no return.It's called self defense!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM

32,132 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Let me ask you something. If you happened to be carrying a firearm...just how much would you let someone beat you before defending yourself? Would you have been as tolerant as Zimmerman? Letting someone pound you in the face, breaking your nose. Blackening both eyes. Pounding your head into the concrete, gashing your head. Would you be thinking, "it's ok, he's not REALLY hurting me...I'll just wait till he cracks my skull open"? Or would you do SOMETHING to stop the violent attack while you still could? How about if it was a loved one, a spouse or child? Would you let a criminal split their skull before you shot?

No one will ever truly know what happened in those moments since one of the 2 is dead. Did Trayvon feel his life was threatened by Zimmerman and therefore did what he had to do to defend himself. We will never know that will we. We do know by the reports that Trayvon was walking alone minding his own business. Zimmerman's suspicion got the best of him and pursued him. So he is the one who started this whole thing. He should have just left it up to the police. Over zealous people should not be armed because this is what happens. Whether you are right or wrong, taking matters into your own hands has consequences.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What medication was he taking? Is there some info out there about Zimmerman taking meds? I haven't seen it and am just wondering who said it.
Adderall and Temazepam, a drug used to treat ADHD and a drug that is in the same class as Valium, acting as a powerful sedative.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
wow...this tripe is still going on.

A child is dead.

I still find it interesting that Treyvon is called a Thug due to school suspensions, BUT Zimmerman is a victim with clean hands and he has has an actual criminal record for violence. smh
You need to stop defending the kid because he is black, it's obvious.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:52 PM

39,896 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then what? Did Zimmerman hang up on the 911 call when he got to Trayvon?
Honestly, we don't know. We know that Zimmerman was on the phone with dispatch for about another 1 1/2 minutes after he stopped running, and after reporting that he had "lost him". All this time he was breating normally and there was no sound of running. We also know that during all this time Martin was less than 70 yards of his door.

Beyond that, we don't have a lot of proof. Hopefully more will be released.

We don't know if Zimmerman was walking around looking for Martin, or if he was indeed just walking back to his vehicle when they came in contact. We don't know why Martin didn't just walk into his house while Zimmerman was on the phone with dispatch. We don't know who threw the first punch (the key issue, IMO, is who started the physical confrontation).

Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times

Zimmerman Evidence Released in Trayvon Martin Case - YouTube

Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In the minds of these folks Trayvon is a "thug" because he was a young Black man. They would feel the exact same about a young Herman Cain, a young Michael Steele, a young Colin Powell, etc.
You people make me laugh, you paint Trayvon as a saint, he was a little trouble maker who met his match.Typical, keep denying!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Bottom line, "intermediate" or "moderate" are NOT "close range".........and you will not see it quantified until you see the Medical Examiner's report. You do know what medical examiners in Florida do, don't you? You do understand that they are forensic pathologists, don't you?

Zimmerman "laid" more than a hand on Trayvon. I would remind you that you were not present at the scene and there is no way in the world you can know factually that Zimmerman was headed back to the car nor who struck the first blow. Also, seems relevant to note that your posts on cd and in this thread seem to imply the most negative bias toward black people than I thought anyone would have the brashness to write. Therefore, obviously, there is an enormously negative bias against Trayvon....he was a black person.
LOL, hilarious. The Pro-Trayvon folks are spinning, spinning away.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There is no proof that TM was inflicting any wounds that could be considered fatal by any stretch of the imagination.

The rationale that some folks want us to believe in this situation would be down right stupid if you take the same scenario between GZ and TM place them on the schoolyard at recess or after school for high schoolers. So one kid is justified in killing another because he decided to pick a fight, pulled out a weapon when he started to lose that fight and then killed the kid that he picked a fight with in the first place.
LOL this is just becoming pathetic, so in order for someone to defend themselves they have to be able to gauge whether a wound is fatal enough and not start the fight? However starting the fight does not mean who hits who first but who sets the events in motion. I'm so glad folks like you don't write the law.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, we must secure the perimeter against the invading yahoos and peckerwoods...............
You mean like the black racists that come here and blame whitey for everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies