Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 10:37 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I hope you're not too butthurt when hes aquitted of 2nd degree murder.
Just how would that affect me? All that I wanted originally was for him to be arrested and he has. This being on his record is something that his daddy cannot get erased and will follow him the rest of his hunted life

I think that this will affect you and other yawhoos not to mention the lawmakers in Florida and the NRA more then it would for Trayvon supporters

Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oh, that same old link, "multiple sources told ABC News." How about a real person or the alleged arrest request. The one Serino requested on March 13 is part of the released discovery. Where's the one from Feb. 26 ?

I can find articles saying the cops never took gz's clothes, repeated ad nauseum on this forum. False. And that tm's tox test came back clean. False. Without much trouble I could give you more false reports.

If Serino wanted to arrest gz that night, does it mean the cover-up was by the prosecutor, the police chief, and the father, not the rank and file cops.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I hope you're not too butthurt when hes aquitted of 2nd degree murder.
I suppose there's a slight chance he'll be acquitted of murder 2. Slight. He will be convicted of manslaughter or some other lesser charges tossed in there.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Just how would that affect me? All that I wanted originally was for him to be arrested and he has. This being on his record is something that his daddy cannot get erased and will follow him the rest of his hunted life

I think that this will affect you and other yawhoos not to mention the lawmakers in Florida and the NRA more then it would for Trayvon supporters
I agree with this statement. I believe that after the fact, the Stand Your Ground Law will be modified. At least clarified better than it is now.
I had an scenario in my head that I thought was plausable and ironic.

Two tea party members were arguing. Both were carrying concealed. The arguement got more heated and threats were exchanged. Both Stood their ground as provided for in Fla. law. One called the other one a "*******" and spit in his face. The other one took out a gun and shot the name caller. DA declares justifiable homicide under SYG statutes.

Could happen. Now back to your regularly scheduled P-match.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
There is almost no racial prejudice in the US, whites who founded this country based on European traditions, learned to live and work next to Blacks, Hispanics and Orientals yet nobody wants to live next to crime and the ghetto. That's not racism, that's self-preservation and common sense.
I'm sorry, there must be something wrong with my monitor. You're going to think this is hilarious, but a few letters are missing and your post reads "there is almost no racial prejudice in the US." LOL You must have really written Uranus. (or maybe United Arab Emirates?)

Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I agree with this statement. I believe that after the fact, the Stand Your Ground Law will be modified. At least clarified better than it is now.
I had an scenario in my head that I thought was plausable and ironic.

Two tea party members were arguing. Both were carrying concealed. The arguement got more heated and threats were exchanged. Both Stood their ground as provided for in Fla. law. One called the other one a "*******" and spit in his face. The other one took out a gun and shot the name caller. DA declares justifiable homicide under SYG statutes.

Could happen. Now back to your regularly scheduled P-match.
Nah. There would be no justifiable cause to use deadly force in this case. If you called a Tea Party member a *******, he'd probably drop dead from a heart attack or turn the gun on himself.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Oh, that same old link, "multiple sources told ABC News." How about a real person or the alleged arrest request. The one Serino requested on March 13 is part of the released discovery. Where's the one from Feb. 26 ?

I can find articles saying the cops never took gz's clothes, repeated ad nauseum on this forum. False. And that tm's tox test came back clean. False. Without much trouble I could give you more false reports.

If Serino wanted to arrest gz that night, does it mean the cover-up was by the prosecutor, the police chief, and the father, not the rank and file cops.
He filed an affidavit on Feb 26 to arrest Zimmerman on manslaughter charges. That's in the court records. I don't understand your post denying that this is true. Then Norm Wolfinger, the State Attorney for Seminole County, overruled him and told the police to release Zimmerman without charges. Catch up, please! This was discussed on numerous threads with related links.

Edit: I also found a letter from Benjamin Crump's office sent to the US Dept of Justice, but it is in .pdf form. I'm not sure if I can paste the link on C-D since I believe files that download are not allowed. I'm trying to copy & paste it. In it he refers to the arrest that was overruled by the Florida State Attorney.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-13-2012 at 03:04 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
He filed an affidavit on Feb 26 to arrest Zimmerman on manslaughter charges. That's in the court records. I don't understand your post denying that this is true. Then Norm Wolfinger, the State Attorney for Seminole County, overruled him and told the police to release Zimmerman without charges. Catch up, please! This was discussed on numerous threads with related links.

Edit: I also found a letter from Benjamin Crump's office sent to the US Dept of Justice, but it is in .pdf form. I'm not sure if I can paste the link on C-D since I believe files that download are not allowed. I'm trying to copy & paste it. In it he refers to the arrest that was overruled by the Florida State Attorney.
You say it's in the court records. Someone else said it Really Truly Exists, but isn't in the court records. I've found the 3/13 capias request, lots of witness statements, items sent for testing, the autopsy, and other things, but Not a 2/26 affadavit. Where is it.

I know it's been discussed; does that make it accurate ? It began with the ABC article and other media repeating the story. If I bought everything written on this forum, gz had no injuries and tm had a clean tox test.

If it's In The Court Records, you should be able to point me to it.

I know what Crump said in his letter, which you automatically accept as true. What was His source for the accusation ?

Show me the affadavit.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So what do you call someone who has just turned 17 years old? They aren't old enough to drink legally. They aren't old enough to join the military. Their brains are not fully developed yet. They aren't old enough to vote. Their parents typically still make legal decisions for them. Our society does not consider someone 17 years old to be an adult or a "man."

You must not be keeping up in terms of photographs. There are plenty of age appropriate photos out there of Trayvon.

"A National Institutes of Health study proposes that the part of the brain that restrains risky behavior, including reckless driving, and thinking skills is not fully developed until the age of 25."

Untitled Document

A child's brain fully develops by age 25 - Newark Parenting & Education | Examiner.com
I avoid this thread because its, well its lame.
17 year olds can and have served. We call the young man a child? Yet many of you calling him a child defend someone the same age of being responsible enough to have sex with legal adults. Which is it? Under 18 are children there for should not be allowed any adult decision space or they are adults?
Young men young than the Trayvon are tried as adults for murder. Why? How?
Because they are not children.
I have faced down the barrel of guns held by younger men than Trayvon. They weren't children either.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I avoid this thread because its, well its lame.
17 year olds can and have served. We call the young man a child? Yet many of you calling him a child defend someone the same age of being responsible enough to have sex with legal adults. Which is it? Under 18 are children there for should not be allowed any adult decision space or they are adults?
Young men young than the Trayvon are tried as adults for murder. Why? How?
Because they are not children.
I have faced down the barrel of guns held by younger men than Trayvon. They weren't children either.

Then why are you here? I have a son that is about to turn sixteen next month and he is very much a child. I certainly did not think the same way that I do now at the age of 17. Did you? Legally, Trayvon Martin was still a minor. A human male can grow up to the age of 25. Either way, what does that really have to do with Zimmerman ending someone's son's life prematurely? Why argue about what the definition of a child is? The issue is whether or not Zimmerman killed him in self defense or not. Was Trayvon's death Zimmerman's fault? Could it have been avoided? If you think that the thread is lame and don't want to discuss the topic at hand, why bother commenting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies