Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moor711 View Post
Here is the real deal.Most whites KNOW what Zimmerman did was wrong,and that Trayvon was killed in cold blood.But the thing is,these whites ARE PERFECTLY OK WITH THIS, because to them,ALL young black males are a potential threat. And in order to maintain the fallacy of white supremacy,the white collective must support the white supremacist mindset.Even if it's wrong.This is why Zimmerman is getting so much support from whites (even tho he is definitely going to jail)
Come on now. Though gz is in some way 'white,' don't you think white supremacists would be happy a black guy is dead and an Hispanic guy is going to prison ? Why support him ? Even if he manages to beat the rap, he probably won't kill any more black guys and it'll be one more not really white guy roaming the streets.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It is human nature to make assumptions and assessments. Most of us do so on a daily basis. That being said, normal people's assessments and assumptions don't usually end in the stalking and murder of another human being.

Not only is your analogy weak, you IMO you are attempting to justify the unjustifiable.
Yes, and that speaks to nothing more or less than that poster's lack of character.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You were referring to "communities and their watches". That somehow implies something organized, IMO.

I don't live in a city. Save the snark.
Gate communities are organized and do have security because they like it that way. Please explain how I was in error in that statement.
Did I say Katiana lives in a city? No, I am sure that I never said that.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, and that speaks to nothing more or less than that poster's lack of character.
Almost as much as your post speaks to yours. Had you bothered to read any of my posts you would have seen that not once have I attempted to justify the shooting in any way. I simply refuse to accept the concept that a 17 yearold male is a child unless he is mentally disabled.
That said I am proud that I don't make your cut for what you consider good character. I thank you for that compliment.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Zimmerman lived on the other side of the development, so he was not near the townhouse he was renting in February. I've mentioned this before, but then someone always comes along and writes that perhaps he took an alternate route when he was on his way to Target. He said that he noticed Martin when he was on his way to Target, but the area where the body was found is not the entrance/exit he would have taken. Most people use the most convenient exit, the one closest to home. So this proves that he was also following Martin while driving, which would probably make the victim even more nervous. I mean, first he follows him in his car and then he gets out of the car to search for him. Wouldn't anyone with common sense want to defend himself against this fruitcake?
And to add on to that, who in the hell needs a loaded gun to go to Target?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Almost as much as your post speaks to yours. Had you bothered to read any of my posts you would have seen that not once have I attempted to justify the shooting in any way. I simply refuse to accept the concept that a 17 yearold male is a child unless he is mentally disabled.
That said I am proud that I don't make your cut for what you consider good character. I thank you for that compliment.
Glad to be of service. I've read your posts. You've attacked the character and family of a DEAD black TEENAGER (legally a CHILD) who was shot by a grown man who initiated a confrontation with him for absolutely no reason. You have no leg to stand on whatsoever.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,628 times
Quote:
Glad to be of service. I've read your posts. You've attacked the character and family of a DEAD black TEENAGER (legally a CHILD) who was shot by a grown man who initiated a confrontation with him for absolutely no reason. You have no leg to stand on whatsoever.
I wanted to remind everyone that 17 years olds can be (and often are) tried as adults.....\
No it is not a child

Old 06-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Kiss and hugs. What character did I attack specifically?
His face book comments ?
The fact he was suspended mutiple times ?
The young man was a wanna be and a pretender. Many people are.
His family? I have never discussed his family that I recall.
Legally a child or a minor? Typically 12 and under are refered to as children. Under 18 is a minor.
At 17 your child is able to do many things a typical child physically can not do. Like punch out a 28 year old idiot.
I have two legs to stand on but thanks for your concern.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I wanted to remind everyone that 17 years olds can be (and often are) tried as adults.....\
No it is not a child
very true in fact its not uncommon for minors 14 and older to be tried as adults.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Kiss and hugs. What character did I attack specifically?
His face book comments ?
There is doubt as to whether or not those comments, pix, etc. are even his.

Quote:
The fact he was suspended mutiple times ?
And that's enough reason to surmise that he's a criminal that deserved to be smoked.

Quote:
The young man was a wanna be and a pretender. Many people are.
A wannabe what? He was a kid! Kids are pretenders - it's part of being a kid. Part of the immaturity of childhood.

Quote:
His family? I have never discussed his family that I recall.
Legally a child or a minor? Typically 12 and under are refered to as children. Under 18 is a minor.
At 17 your child is able to do many things a typical child physically can not do. Like punch out a 28 year old idiot.
I have two legs to stand on but thanks for your concern.
For you I have none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies