Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Honestly the riots would never have happened if the police didn’t have a reputation of violating the civil rights of minorities and using excessive force on blacks. The Rodney king incident was the tipping point not the single issue.
King was a prior felon, a total idiot; lots of things happened prior to the camera and IMO the nation would have really been better off if the LAPD let the Highway Patrol person just shoot King.

White people and other non-blacks were "shocked" at the level of hatred from blacks during interviews that they never harbored the other way.
Made gun sales in the suburbs skyrocket and to this day robbers and other criminals know that if they come to the suburbs for criminality, they are likely to not leave in good health.

Like Obama that set back race relations quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
The issue was never if King was a criminal. The outrage was with the police department using excessive force. At the time white felons weren’t beaten once they were in custody, which only happened to blacks. The LAPD leadership had to be changed and entire departs like the Rampart District had to be closed down and criminal officers purged.

I believe more people were shocked about the fact these criminal officers were acquitted with the amount of evidence that was present.

And I don’t see how Obama set back race relations. He tried to reach across the table more so then any previous president. The only people who were upset about having a black president were the racist. The same people who was against freeing slaves, the same people who was against desegregation and the same people who was against blacks voting. These people have been around since the inception of the US and will be around at the end. I petty them…

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
King was a prior felon, a total idiot; lots of things happened prior to the camera and IMO the nation would have really been better off if the LAPD let the Highway Patrol person just shoot King.

White people and other non-blacks were "shocked" at the level of hatred from blacks during interviews that they never harbored the other way.
Made gun sales in the suburbs skyrocket and to this day robbers and other criminals know that if they come to the suburbs for criminality, they are likely to not leave in good health.

Like Obama that set back race relations quite a bit.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
If the blacks are such poor customers, then the Koreans can find another neighborhood to operate in. They aren't forced to operate stores in black neighborhoods.

If they choose to operate in these areas, then what in the hell do you want us to say about it? There must be something in it for them if they stay.

I could care less about this stupid issue.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 AM

409 posts, read 254,484 times
Quote:
Honestly the riots would never have happened if the police didn’t have a reputation of violating the civil rights of minorities and using excessive force on blacks. The Rodney king incident was the tipping point not the single issue.

LA Riots - Armed store owners deter rioters - YouTube

These animals were just opportunists. It had nothing to do about civil rights.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:36 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
Quote:
And I don’t see how Obama set back race relations.
I am still trying to see how Obama set back race relations as well.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the blacks are such poor customers, then the Koreans can find another neighborhood to operate in. They aren't forced to operate stores in black neighborhoods.

If they choose to operate in these areas, then what in the hell do you want us to say about it? There must be something in it for them if they stay.

I could care less about this stupid issue.
I am certain that the Koreans that were violated will land back on their feet. The thugs who saw an opportunity to loot and destroy were never on their feet to begin with.

BTW, isn't the fact that it takes Koreans, or any other group, to come into the black community to open business at the root of the issue? Why aren't these stores opened by those from the local community? And please, let's refrain from the typical excuses.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,313,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I am still trying to see how Obama set back race relations as well.
That's bc Obama is smart with his agitation, he follows the democrat tradition of speaking in code and beyond the Msm cameras. Tribal politics is alive and well in the donkey party.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I am certain that the Koreans that were violated will land back on their feet. The thugs who saw an opportunity to loot and destroy were never on their feet to begin with.

BTW, isn't the fact that it takes Koreans, or any other group, to come into the black community to open business at the root of the issue? Why aren't these stores opened by those from the local community? And please, let's refrain from the typical excuses.
Who in the hell are you to issue me a caveat as to what I can say? Didn't you just read what I said? I said that I don't give a damn about the issue!

Moreover, name me a white or Hispanic neighborhood in SoCal where Asians don't own businesses and aren't one of the primary merchants in the area. I've been all over that area, and I've never seen it. Perhaps you know something that I don't (not really).

Again, if the Asians don't like blacks or blacks are such poor customers, then they can leave for better pastures. Last I saw, they hadn't left at all. So what's the big deal?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,313,161 times
Lotta asians are middleman minorities like Jews, Lebanese in west Africa, Armenians, etc. they're very important in economies bc they under consume and produce with their savings. Sometimes they're made out to be scapegoats by political ideologues.

Private property is a right in a free society.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:59 AM

409 posts, read 254,484 times
Shootout in Korea town. Hell yeah protect your property!

Crazy L.A. Gun Fight Erupts During Riot - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies