Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
John Voight: A good actor and typical Neo-Conservative Republican.

He turned 18 in 1956, but somehow managed to avoid the draft. In the 1960's, he was a hippie anti-war protestor, leftist and fellow traveler with the likes of Jane Fonda who later claimed he was duped by "Marxist propaganda." He protested against President's Johnson and Nixon over the Vietnam War, which he conveniently missed, yet felt compelled to condemn those who acted similarly against President Bush after his "conversion" to conservatism:

"And they — what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."

It was an exercise in free speech when he did it, but near treason when someone else did. It made his heart "heavy" to see others doing what he did. Awwwww. Poor thing.

Naturally, like most good Republican activists and values voters, he has two ex-wives.

If this is your idea of a "hero," you really should invest in a better dictionary.
^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you never seen me admit to being 17, just out of high school, when our good President Truman sent troops to Korea declaring that he would get it done while the UN debated over it for a month or two. I guess I must have been a draft dodger since I failed to get drafted for four years in college. I just took a test that the law prescribed we take and then had to make better than a C average those 4 years.

Old draft dodger me was under the Universal Military Training law however and upon graduation found that getting a job wasn't nearly as easy as getting that annual deferment to attend college. Finally I couldn't get drafted although I worked for the head man down at the draft who was one of the first men called back as a Navy fighter pilot and very bitter since he hard 8 kids at the time. He told me he couldn't get me drafted for at least 6 months, so like a good liberal thinking Democrat I just enlisted and loved every minute of the three years.

Anyway, I would have to be considered a draft dodger although I used the law to do it since moving to Canada hadn't been discovered when I started.

I only have one ex-wife but was a Democrat when we split. What does that have to do with anything, though? Oh yeah, I understand you. When will you manage to reform like Voight and I did about the same age?
So, you and Jon Voight are now comrades in arms because you both believe the same RWNJ BS??

You and Jon Voight are both American citizens and as such are free to spout as much nonsense as you like.

However, neither of you is a hero....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jon Voight is a hero of sorts. Jon has the guts to go against Hollywood crowd and some would call that heroic. To be brave enough to say what the Hollywood crowd would go against in a big way. So yes, Jon Voight is heroic in a different kind of way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Gutsy, and so right. If only there could be more of them....
OOOHHHHH! Going against those other ACTORS! How brave!

Why they regularly beat and torture Hollywood conservatives, they're tough!!!

Susan Sarandon might wave her finger at Jon! Might even

go TSK! TSK! Oh the horror!

Oh ya, Jon is sooooooo brave to face those commie thugs!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 04:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:

He turned 18 in 1956, but somehow managed to avoid the draft. In the 1960's, he was a hippie anti-war protestor, leftist and fellow traveler with the likes of Jane Fonda who later claimed he was duped by "Marxist propaganda." He protested against President's Johnson and Nixon over the Vietnam War, which he conveniently missed, yet felt compelled to condemn those who acted similarly against President Bush after his "conversion" to conservatism:

"And they — what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."

It was an exercise in free speech when he did it, but near treason when someone else did. It made his heart "heavy" to see others doing what he did. Awwwww. Poor thing.

Naturally, like most good Republican activists and values voters, he has two ex-wives.

If this is your idea of a "hero," you really should invest in a better dictionary.
You allegiance is to Obama and not to our country. I see it in your above quote.. you said.

"what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."

You are wrong for putting Obama on a pedestal. This is how dictators are born.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
You allegiance is to Obama and not to our country. I see it in your above quote.. you said.

"what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."

Your exactly right, and how you think, but people would neve see it this way, and that is our problem!
Dictators are born, by putting them on a pedestal, and feeling that this person can never do wrong, that is our problem?
When a Man alone feels he is special and should be put on that pedestal, that is definitely a problem! When a man feels his errors in judgement should not be judged, that is a problem a big one.
And we now have a prboblem.
Thanks for always telling the truth, as some don't want to hear it.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OOOHHHHH! Going against those other ACTORS! How brave!

Why they regularly beat and torture Hollywood conservatives, they're tough!!!

Susan Sarandon might wave her finger at Jon! Might even

go TSK! TSK! Oh the horror!

Oh ya, Jon is sooooooo brave to face those commie thugs!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Jon Voight as least doesn't fall in line with most of the 1% hollywood making millions crowd who say they are democrats and for the poor...

I don't see them doing movies for a small fee so the poor of the country can get into a movie for a lower cost. They speak against capitalism and Republicans yet they use the big capitalist tools to get all those mansions around the world to live in.

When this country crashes the elite hollywood crowd are globalists for they have homes globally to live in. Democrats love to support the elitists so called democrats and they are being had. Now that is really funny....

At least republicans know who are the capitalists and who are the hypocrites.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit

Exactly the response I'd expect from the left, especially when one from their camp finally 'get's it' and moves to the right. Like Breitbart.

The left can't stand it.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Exactly the response I'd expect from the left, especially when one from their camp finally 'get's it' and moves to the right. Like Breitbart.

The left can't stand it.
The left hates all that is good. They hate our country, they hate our Constitution, they hate our God.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:

We all get second chances dude! How many of us did things when we were younger that we later regretted? If you are over 35 then you should know what I mean. Jon Voigt said what many Americans are thinking but he put it clearly. This election is about the future of America. Do we want to be a European style country or do we want to be the great United States once again? Do teenagers look for a bright future, or are they holding out for that welfare check?
Bottom line... IT is not right to steal from the rich to give to the poor!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 PM

475 posts, read 508,244 times
..."Join the tea party" And you are expecting me to take Jon Voight seriously ?

Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:

See the quotation marks following the colon? Shhhhhh....don't tell anybody but....that's Voight talking....not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies