Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 02:14 PM

102 posts, read 147,168 times

Advertisements

I just want to say the next time a black person gets up and talks about being oppressed or the white man doing them wrong. I will laugh and say oh well, it doesnt feel good to be treated different does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Black people voting 2-1, 3-1, or 4-1 against same sex marriage. It means nothing. Obama will still get 92% of the black vote in NC.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times
What about other minorities? Why just point out blacks? They weren't the only ones who voted.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:52 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
It is an odd dichotomy. The group with the most recent history of being discriminated against en masse is the group mostly likely to discriminate against gays.

Leaders of the civil rights movement were closely tied to churches, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. It's likely a cultural thing.
Blacks do not owe gay people any allegiance.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Of course its his business! For goodness sake, the rest of us sure get our voting motives picked apart and analyzed!
No one is questioning my motives. Speak for yourself. I'm the last person you want to ask about who i'm voting for, believe me. And most definitely don't ask me WHY!

Quote:
Are you asking me, or the writers at Politico?

Why not? The media tells us all about blacks and their lives 24/7. Don't get your panties in a bunch when the thing your side created comes back on you.
The media? What media? And nothing is coming back on me. Especially nothing coming from YOU. You aren't capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
What about other minorities? Why just point out blacks? They weren't the only ones who voted.
Fascination with black folks that they simply don't own up to but it's glaringly obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Blacks do not owe gay people any allegiance.
No, but we do owe them fairness.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
The backlash over this one is coming. BO's taking the black vote for granted, again. Big mistake and I'm very thankful that he is.
I know blacks that are christian that voted for him. It was not even 2010 yet, and my one friend told me that she could not even watch the news anymore. She said he was doing things that she was not in agreement on. She sounded dismayed and very disappointed, discouraged in fact.

The very liberal Hawaiian islands have a staunch family thing going, and a ton of Mormons. I lived there and voted with them against gay marriage or civil unions. I can't even recall the wording of the thing but to the average layman either wording would of course get the same vote and it went down by seventy-percent or something really high like that. Yet, the legislators forced it upon Hawaii so far as civil union, and it's so new that the next election should be very interesting there on Oahu.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The backlash over this one is coming. BO's taking the black vote for granted, again. Big mistake and I'm very thankful that he is.
I know blacks that are christian that voted for him. It was not even 2010 yet, and my one friend told me that she could not even watch the news anymore. She said he was doing things that she was not in agreement on. She sounded dismayed and very disappointed, discouraged in fact.

The very liberal Hawaiian islands have a staunch family thing going, and a ton of Mormons. I lived there and voted with them against gay marriage or civil unions. I can't even recall the wording of the thing but to the average layman either wording would of course get the same vote and it went down by seventy-percent or something really high like that. Yet, the legislators forced it upon Hawaii so far as civil union, and it's so new that the next election should be very interesting there on Oahu.
Blacks will still vote in the same numbers for Obama, and so will Hawaiians.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:

Gay marriage: Black voters remain divided - Joseph Williams - POLITICO.com

Will the media hammer "black bigots"?

And if not, why not?
They vote against gay marriage because they know how important marriage is, and they have witnessed the devastation that the decline in marriage has done to the black community. either that, or they are just mean old bigots.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Call it what you want, but most blacks from my experience see homosexuality as taboo, or something "white people do", like jet skiing or rock climbing.

I can only honestly think of a few who are indifferent to the idea and none of which are in favor of full acceptance of it. Those who are indifferent have more a tolerence for it than anything. But most from what I can tell are ardently against it.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:19 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Black people voting 2-1, 3-1, or 4-1 against same sex marriage. It means nothing. Obama will still get 92% of the black vote in NC.
Just like Clinton got 90% of the black vote in America back in 92.

Now think republicans, if you'd only lose the stereotyping and the constantly father vs son role in how you treats blacks maybe they'll vote for you.

But you guys aren't smart enough for that, stick to oversized guns, religion and bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies